Chapter 4
135 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the span of three months, Amir and his group have already expanded at an incredible pace. After getting his Kingmaker power, he not only awakens their aura, Amir also gives them power.

Haru gets power or control/makes/destroys a chemical within a thirty centimeters radius around him. He can create a thick layer of ice to block an incoming attack by manipulating or adding the chemical around the air. Not only that, but Amir also asks Haru to make a drug by using his power. Of course, he can. He is the creator of the new drug that slowly spread in Vale.

His offensive capabilities are also very powerful. His power is not as dangerous to Grimm, but Haru is a lethal assassin to humans. He can instantly destroy all the oxygen inside humans or Faunus and kill them with ease. That is only one example. He can experiment with other chemical compounds to torture the said people if he wants to.

Aki, on the other hand, has different powers. She is good with numbers. Aki's ability makes her "good with numbers" to a ridiculous degree. She perceived her power as elaborate mathematical notation as if written in the air.

Her power allowed her to understand and manipulate the world economy in immense detail. She could potentially identify abstract targets, cultural and economic, to push the world toward collapse. She could also use it to predict the likely casualties of various End of the World scenarios.

Her power allowed her to analyze architecture, letting her design buildings, predict collapses and conduct controlled demolitions.

Her power was formidable in combat. She can analyze and predict an opponent during combat, allowing her to dodge their attacks by extremely narrow margins. She claimed that she could see the stress points of her opponent, allowing her to shatter bones.

While it sounds good, her power works better with ranged weapons. She can ricochet bullets to hit someone in the other room. She can fire a bullet with a closed eye and hit someone a few kilometers away from her.

However, what makes Aki important in Amir's opinion is her prediction of where they will start selling their goods. She can predict which place to sell their goods with maximum profit and minimum risk.

And combine it with Ami's power, the risk is almost zero.

In three months, he already had around five hundred thousand Lien. Half a million Lien in a matter of three months, and Amir only has ten members in his group. Amir is really tempted to use his Kingmaker to make more lieutenants, but after discussing it with his first crew, he decides against it.

He still needed more members before he could invite other people to his inner circle. With only eight minions, he did not really need another inner circle member just yet.

"Aki, how is the market doing?"

"We are doing fine, boss. With the disposable minions selling our goods, we are able to stay low for another three months before the other gang notices and starts investigating us. Right now, it is only the police that starts moving."

"Good. How about our fishing business?"

"They run smoothly. Sadly, because most of our workers are Faunus, we still cannot get into a high-end restaurant to sell our fish."

Amir sighs and takes a sip of his whiskey. Because he hired Faunus as his crew, many high-end restaurants look at him as a thief or a scammer who wants to scam them with his so-called high-quality fish.

At first, he did not really bother with it, but with more income coming from his side business, he needed a legitimate business for the reason that much money got inside his account. He already has a connection with a Mid-Tier sushi restaurant, but he still cannot put five hundred thousand Lien in his account without looking suspicious.

"How about doing a new business, my lord? I have already predicted which businesses will grow in this city. Give me three hundred thousand and three more months, and I promise you that you will become a rich person, my lord."

Amir looked at Aki for a moment before saying.

"Take it. Take four hundred thousand just in case. We were not really in a rush. Make sure that your plan did not make me suspicious of the people of Vale. We can't have that just yet. Make it a long-term plan instead. A year-long plan lets us store this money without being tracked by the police and Tax Officer."

"Understood. I will immediately do that."

"Good. Haru, how are the goods doing? Have you finished making the next batch?"

"Yes, my lord. One hundred kilos worth of drugs is ready."

"Good. Take it here. I will store it away."

Amir knows something that he can exploit in his inventory. As long as the item has the same shape and type, he can stack it up. He did not know how much he could stack, but he had five hundred seventy-seven drugs, and he could still stack it up. As long as the drug is the same type, he can stack it up.

As long as the item was not too different from the first time, he could stack it.

"Yes."

"Good. Now, Aki. Can you be a dear and predict where we need to catch that massive tuna?"

While he is an upcoming drug lord, Amir is still a fisherman after all, and his client wants some tuna for their store.

~A week later~

"Getaway, you freak!"

Sinopia looks at the human in front of her with a hurt expression before running away from the human that kicked her. She did not know what she had done wrong. She only wants to eat. She did not steal the food. She only stops in front of his store and imagines herself in a human place eating all that food. She did nothing wrong.

She did not know what was wrong with that.

She continued to run away to the alley not too far away from the store and sat on the ground. She did not know what to do now. Sinopia comes from the orphanage in the outer wall district and, just like any orphanage in the outer wall district, lacks food. She has not eaten for two days, and she is hungry.

Because the people living outside the wall are not technically citizens of Vale city, the government will not help any orphanage that is being built outside the wall. Without the government's help, the orphanage could not last longer than a few years.

"Uhhh, hungry."

"Here."

Sinopia looked up in surprise at the voice. When she looked up, she could see a young man wearing a white suit in front of her. The young man has light blonde hair and blue eyes that shine a little.

This man is Amir, and he is currently offering Sinopia a chocolate bar.

"Here. You can take this."

"C-Can I?"

"Of course."

"B-but I'm a Faunus. I'm a freak."

"You are not a freak, kid. Here. You are hungry, right? It will not fill you up, but it should be enough for now."

Sinopia takes the chocolate bar from Amir's hand and waits for a few seconds expecting he will take the chocolate from her. Seeing he did not take it, she began to tear the plastic cover and eat the chocolate.

While Sinopia is eating the chocolate, Aki arrives next to Amir and says,

"There you are, boss. Why are you here? We-"

Aki stops talking when she sees little Sinopia and frowns a little.

"Boss, who is she?"

"I don't know. What I know is that she is malnourished."

Amir is a drug lord who sells his drug to other people, but he has a soft spot for children. A child, not a teen. He hates teenagers. He cares for children and will always tell his man in the previous life to never target a child when they are selling their drugs.

"That she is." Aki gets down next to Sinopia and says, "Hello dear. Why are you here?"

Sinopia looks at the Faunus lady in front of her and says,

"I want to search for food. The orphanage did not have any food, so I searched for some food. I hear from people that this place has a lot of delicious food. I hope that someone will throw that food into the trash so I can grab it."

Aki frowned at her explanation before looking at his boss, who also frowned. After thinking about it for a few seconds, Amir decided to say.

"Aki, I want that orphanage."

"Of course, boss. I will do it at once."

"Emmm, what are you going to do to the orphanage, mister?" Sinopia looks at Amir with fear on her face. "If it was about the food, I would pay you back! I promise."

Amir smiles, gives her a gentle pat on the head, and says.

"I will not do anything, dear. I will help the orphanage."

"Promise?"

"Yeah, I promise."

"Pinky promise?" Sinopia put her small pinky finger in front of Amir, who connects his pinky finger to Sinopia's pinky finger. "Pinky promise."

2