A funny day.
39 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I climbed out of my bed, this was the fifth time this week I did this. I don't know why, but I just can't sleep. Nini is most likely asleep... I wonder if I can get that milk, maybe that'll help me sleep. I dragged my stuffie with me as I entered the kitchen. Everything was so big.. Well, it makes sense, Nini IS an angel. So they can just fly up to anything.. You know it's so weird that I don't have wings, while they do. They always tell me I'm just a late bloomer, but all those other kids.. They all have wings! and they're 5! Just like me! So why can't I have my wings?! My eyes drifted towards the fridge, placing Cookie down on the table, I grabbed a chair and dragged it over to the fridge, pushing it beside the fridge and opening it. I climbed onto the chair and snatched the milk. Climbing off the chair, I placed the milk on the table.. I wonder why I always have to wear these gloves. I thought as I stared at my gloves. I always had to wear them, sleeping, bathing, eating, and more! Why? Nini tells me that it's for my safety because a lot of kids have sicknesses and germs.. But why don't those kids wear gloves then?

"Katie? What are you doing?"

The light switch flicked on. Nini stood there, their hair was a mess! I hope I didn't wake them..

"I was thisty.."

I've always had trouble pronouncing my r's. I had a speech therapist for that. She always got me during school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

"Well, you should've woken me up, Kat."

My nickname. They picked me up and set me in a chair, handing me Cookie. I embraced my stuffed fox as tightly as I could. He always brought me comfort.

"There go, my beautiful little girl."

I felt upset when I heard this. I wasn't upset that I was being complimented.. It was that I was being called a girl. It didn't feel right.. but aren't I suppose to be a girl? Why don't I like this? I picked up the cup of milk, sipping it.

"Hm..? Oh."

Nini looked at their phone.. Their phone had gone off. They frowned as they unlocked their phone, the bright light bouncing off their face.

"Stay right here, Kat. I'll be right back."

They left the room, leaving me sitting there..

Why don't I like it when I'm called a beautiful girl..? It's a good thing! But..

My thoughts were brought to a stop when I heard Nini slamming something down. They walked back into the room, they looked agitated.

"Kate, go back to bed, okay?"

I nodded. I didn't bother to argue or ask why. When Nini's mad, Nini's mad. And I shouldn't anger them anymore. I slid off the chair, landing with a small 'thump'. I grabbed Cookie's stuffed paw and walked back to my room, dragging him behind me. I looked at my bed.. It was so.. pink. I love the color pink, I really do! But it just looks so.. bad.. now..

I shook my head, climbing into the bed and curling up underneath my blanket.. I felt the quiet bliss of sleep overtake my body, as everything faded to dark.. I could've sworn I saw somebody open my door.

....

....

"Kate! Come on!"

I heard Nini's force, and I felt them shaking me.

Groggily I sat up, looking at them confused.. All my things were packed.

"You're going to head over to one of my friend's houses for a few days.. okay?"

"Okay, Nini..!"

I stood up, waddling over to my dresser. Nini pulled out a light blue shirt, black shorts, and some dark blue overalls. They helped me dress and brushed my hair.. My hair was black while theirs was brown.. Why are our hair colors different?

"Nini?"

"Yes, Kat?"

"Why is my hair black, while yours is brown?"

"Well, I dyed my hair, Kat."

They tied my hair into a ponytail, put my bags onto their shoulders, and picked me up. As we walked outside, they handed me a ring. Bright blue and so shiny.

"Keep this with you always, okay Katie?"

"Okay, Nini!"

They slipped the ring onto my finger, and we took flight. They did little tricks, making me laugh and giggle. As we neared the house, they told me repeatedly that they loved me. They landed carefully, setting me down with my stuff. They knocked on the door and waited.. A ghostly figure opened the door. Their hair was brown, but a lighter color.

"Cassidy?"

"Loki, I brought her."

"Katie? She's here?"

"Yes. She's here, Katie come here!"

I dragged my bags towards the door, pushing them up the stairs. I looked at the man. His eyes were the same light grey color as mine.

"Hi there Katie, My name is Loki."

He smiled at me. He picked my bags up and set them inside, there were two other kids there. A short girl with dirty blonde hair and a dirty red shirt, with dirt-stained blue jeans. And then a boy with dark brown hair, wearing a dark blue t-shirt and black shorts. He was reading a book.

"Hi! I'm Katie!"

I introduced myself, hoping to make some friends.

"I'm Sijo! That's Trijan!"

The girl introduced herself and then pointed at the boy, introducing him.

They asked if I wanted to play, which I agreed to. We all started running around laughing. I didn't even notice when Nini left! Soon Loki told us it was time for a nap, picking us up he brought us to a room.

"I'm sorry Katie, we didn't have any pink beds, so you'll have to sleep in a green one, is that okay?"

I looked at the bed, it was a pretty green color. I nodded excitedly, running and jumping onto the bed.

Loki grabbed a book and started reading, his voice was soothing. I felt the calm bliss of sleep fall upon me again, as everything went black, I thought I heard Loki say he was sorry to me.

1