Chapter 4
1.1k 15 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walk over to the maid and put my hand on her head and then use healing magic on her.

“Hello I am Iona. Are you alright now?”(Iona)

“I am. I am Luna. How are you so strong? I’m high level but even I couldn’t do anything to it.”(Luna)

I look away from her.

“It might be because I am level five thousand.”(Iona)

Luna stares at me for a few seconds letting what I told her sink in.

“WHAT! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE. NO one should be able to live that long enough to get to such a high level.”(Luna)

“Maybe it will help if I reintroduce myself.”(Iona)

I take a few steps back and bow while lifting my dress on each side slightly.

“Greetings maid Luna my name is Yamanaka Iona the goddess of maids and slaves.”(Iona)

As soon as I say this she throws herself to the ground in some form of religious pose similar to a kowtow.

“This lowly mortal apologises to the goddess for being disrespectful.”(Luna)

I am a bit surprised by this response and unsure what to do.

“Mighty goddess it was not my intention to be disrespectful I did not know that the goddess of maids had returned.”(Luna)

At this point, she is visibly shaking in fear. Walking over to her I kneel next to her and put my arms around her.
“It’s alright Luna you did nothing wrong.”(Iona)

“But I was disrespectful and for that, I must be punished.”(Luna)

“Who told you that?”(Iona)

“It was the church it’s what they tell everyone.”(Luna)

“How do you know that is true.”(Iona)

“What do you mean? Isn’t the church the messenger of the gods.”(Luna)

“I haven’t been a goddess for long but from the gods I have met and from what I know of this world I don’t think that’s true. I don’t think that the creator goddess will care if you are disrespectful. Don’t assume it is true unless the gods tell you themselves. The church could be making anything up. They could have interpreted texts from the gods incorrectly or they could be using the religion to control the people.”(Iona)

Luna hugs me back and starts crying. We stay like this for about half an hour until she calms down.

“Are you alright now?”(Iona)

“I am goddess Iona.”(Luna)

“Just call me Iona.”(Iona)

“If that is what you wish Iona.”(Luna)

“Good. Now what happened?”(Iona)

“I was scared we are told from a young age to always be respectful when talking about the gods or we will be punished. The church even punished people themselves such as hanging, hung drawn and quartered, slavery and even burning people alive depending on how bad the offence was. I was scared something similar might happen to me especially as you are also the goddess of slaves.”(Luna)

“Don’t worry as I said earlier I don’t think that most gods care about mortals being respectful. I am indeed the goddess of slaves as well but it is my job to protect them. I can make people into slaves or free people and no one will be able to change that but that is something that I don’t want to do. And if the church is doing those things to people someone needs to have a serious talk with them.”(Iona)

After she had calmed down we stood up and reorganised ourselves.

“What are you going to do now?”(Luna)

“I will stay with you for the rest of your travels then I will go back to the divine realm. However I will occasionally check in on you to make sure you are okay.”(Iona)

“Why would you look out and help me?”(Luna)

“Because you’re a friend.”(Iona)

“F, friend. Do I deserve to be friends with a beautiful goddess like you.”(Luna)

“That’s for me to decide and I decided you do. Now let's go.”(Iona)

We are now walking through the forest together to the nearest city where Luna lives and works. It has been calm so far but that could be because of my divine aura or something similar. From what she has told me she is a combat maid in service to the count of the region.

After about another two hours of walking, we reach the edge of the forest and the city is in view.

“I will be leaving here then.”(Iona)

“Thank you for everything Iona.”(Luna)

Now how do I get back to the divine realm? I now realise that I don’t know how to get back or if I can.

“Luna, I don’t know how to get back.”(Iona)

“you don’t? Have you not done this before.”(Luna)

“This is the first time I have been to the mortal realm. It was also partly an accident.”(Iona)

Ding

(You do not currently have enough divine power to get back you will to get more followers. -Nyta)

“According to Nyta, I will need to gain more followers to get more divine power to get back.”(Iona)

“Who’s Nyta?”(Luna)

“She’s the goddess of creation. Did no one tell you.”(Iona)

“The church hasn’t ever told anyone the creation goddesses name. I don’t know if they know what it is.”(Luna)

“That’s interesting. Anyway it looks like I will be staying with you for a while longer.”(Iona)

“yay, I will introduce you to the count but first we need to get you into the city.”(Luna)

“Don’t worry about that I have a plan to get into the city.”(Iona)

I then turn towards the city with its large white walls and solid steel doors.

Exploring the mortal realm will be interesting.

Announcement
Discord - https://discord.gg/jRNuMC4BpB
22