Chapter – 7
1.1k 8 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Now please stand there is no need to kneel.”(Iona)

“I heard what you just said but personally we would prefer to kneel before you.”(Count)

They are really going to keep this up.

“Then as a goddess, I order you to stand. You wouldn’t defy an order from a goddess would you?”(Iona)

Both the count and the butler look at each other looking as if they can think of another reason why they can't stand up. After a few seconds, they give up and stand.

“Good now that’s out of the way I want to talk about how slavery will work from now on but first I need to know how it currently works.”(Iona)

The count steps forward ready to speak.

“Currently there are three main types of slaves. Criminal, debt slaves and life slaves. Criminal slaves are people who have committed crimes that don’t warrant execution but still need to be punished. Most criminal slaves are slaves for life while some might be temporary depending on the crime they committed. Debt slaves are people who have a debt they can't pay and they choose slavery to pay it off. They are freed as soon as they have paid off their debt with a strict organisation overseeing. Lastly are life slaves these are people who are born into slavery. Unfortunately, no laws have been made as to what happens to them so they end up as slaves for life even if the parents are freed by paying off their debt for example.”(Count)

The criminal and debt slaves make sense but why has no one done anything about life slaves?

“Who is in charge of how slavery works in this country?”(Iona)

“That would be the minister of slaves. You will find him in the capital.”(Count)

“I will have to go and talk to him about some of these laws. But first I am going to implement some changes here.”(Iona)

“If that is your wish we will implement them as soon as possible.”(count)

For the next few hours, we discuss changes to how slavery will work in the country and eventually the world. These are the main points.

-All life slaves will be freed and anyone born into slavery will be free. All life slaves will be freed whether or not their masters are willing to free them. This will be done either voluntarily by their master, with monetary compensation or if necessary, with force.

-Slaves cannot be mistreated such as assault, actual bodily harm, grievous bodily harm, malnutrition, and murder. If such a case is found the defendant will not be protected by the laws of negligence and in most cases, self-defence cannot be used.

-Slaves are to have a minimum of three full meals a day.

-If a slave is being mistreated, they can report it to a local authority who will do their best to deal with the issue.

-Breach of these laws can result in slavery or execution of the defendant. All breaches of laws dealing with slaves will be settled in a separate court specialising in such issues.

All I have to do now is go to the capital and make it official throughout the country.

As we finish Luna comes in with a tray of tea.

“Goddess Iona count would either of you like some tea.”(Luna)

“I would love some thank you Luna.”(Iona)

“I will have some as well thank you.”(Count)

Luna puts the tray down on the table that is between me and the count and starts to pour the tea. I can see that she has had a lot of practice as every movement she makes is perfect and she did nothing wrong. Once she had served the tea I pick up the cup and drink it.

“Luna this tea is perfect.”(Iona)

“Thank you, goddess Iona.”(Luna)

--------

“Luna I am going to be travelling to the capital to see the king and his ministers and I would like you to come with me.”(Iona)

“Why me goddess Iona?”(Luna)

“I will need a guide to show me the way and you are the only person I know who can guide me. I could find someone to guide but I can’t trust them besides you are my friend now.”(Iona)

Luna looks at me with wide eyes.

“I am your friend goddess.”(Luna)

“I forbid you from calling me a goddess and just call me Iona.”(Iona)

“but the count is here goddess.”(Luna)

“Fine then Luna I forbid you from calling me goddess again. That should solve that problem.”(Iona)

“Yes Iona.”(Luna)

----------

I and Luna are now standing outside of the count's manor and about to leave. Luna has packed a couple of bags with everything we need, we will both be carrying one bag each.

“I will see you later count. By the time I come back I hope to see that you have implemented my changes otherwise I will have to bring divine retribution and I don’t think you want that do you?”(Iona)

“I will do everything in my power to make the changes. I hope you have a safe journey to the capital.”(count)

“We will goodbye.”(Iona)

“Farewell count.”(Luna)

Both I and Luna give a bow and then leave through the manor gates.

10