Crusader, Vampire and the Serpent
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I slashed the giant door with all of my might!

*SLAAASH* *BANG BOOOOOM*

The sound of the door splitting in two rang through out the whole room. In that very moment, a very evil and malicious aura overwhelmed me. Shizuku and I looked at each other, she said to me, "There's no turning back now Jean, we got to see this to the End."

I gulped and nodded, a small rush of fear ran through my spine, I have to get this monster on our side no matter what.

The room ahead of us was pitch black and a dark green mist poured out from the bottom of our feet, a foul scent enveloped my nostrils, I took a step back and said, "What a putrid smell! What is that?"

Shizuku replied, "This must be some sort of poison? Let us tread with care lest we die before reaching the Demon."

I nodded my head and peered into the Abyss, but I couldn't seem to see anything? I wonder if she can see anything.

"Hey can you see anything? My eyes aren't adjusting to the Darkness at all. Just what is this?" I said.

She looked around in different angles, but didn't seem to know either, "No I can't see either, it's either some sort of illusion or a perception blocking spell, it's probably meant to keep the Demon from escaping? Do you think it's safe to enter?"

I shook my head, "No, it's definitely dangerous, we can't see anything nor do we know what's causing the Darkness, and on top of that, that menace is in there, probably waiting for us."

She agreed, "Yes I see, but we didn't come all this way for nothing, let's just keep going and hope for the best."

I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth, I can't seem to shake this fear, just what the hell is causing it? It's different from before, but I can't explain it.

Shizuku looked down at my clenched fists, she then reached and grabbed them, she proceeded to open to open my hands and said, "Hey it's okay, we're in this together, we got each other's backs okay? Don't worry..."

She's right, I'm not going in alone, we can do this, we just need to stick together, I looked at her and replied, "You're right, thanks Shizuku, let's go in."

She smiled and nodded, then said, "Hey how about we hold onto each other so we don't get separated in there, who knows what lies ahead."

I agreed to that, it sounds reasonable, "Yeah okay."

We locked arms and I took a deep breathe, "Here we go, are you ready Shizuku?"

She nodded, then we walked inside the Dark Abyss.

As we walked in, the putrid scent we smelled earlier became amplified and I couldn't see anything anymore, not even Yuki, it's like I went blind and deaf but I still felt our arms locked so I know we were still together.

"Good call Shizuku!" I muttered.

I didn't hear a response back, but I assumed that's because of the thick darkness around me. I wonder what this is? It's definitely not just darkness, it's like a thick black fog that consumes everything around you. Is it some safety measure for the monster inside this place? Well whatever it is, I need to keep moving forward, that's my only choice...

As we keep walking, I feel her press up closer to me, she must be pretty scared, hell I know I am! We walk for a few minutes and nothing but a deafening silence can be heard.

Out of nowhere, I step through the threshold and exit the Darkness, I then see a large circular room in front of me!

"What the hell? What is this place?" I said abruptly.

I turned to my left and saw Shizuku holding onto me, she looked up at me and said, "J-Jean! We made it past! Could you not hear me in there? I tried calling you but you never answered me!"

What she was calling me!? I guess the thick darkness really did consume everything around us!

"S-Sorry Shizuku! I tried calling for you too, but you never answered me either! I think it must've been the fog that blocked all that out!"

"That's what I was trying to tell you, that darkness wasn't normal, it was what I assumed to be a binding venom that seals all powers and senses! That's why we couldn't see or hear anything, it was probably meant to seal the Demon in here." she explained.

"I see, well don't you think this place is a little strange?" I looked around, the room was surrounded by the Binding Venom and completely empty. It felt extremely eerie, as if someone was secretly watching us from afar.

Shizuku spoke up, "You're right, this place feels weird..? I feel like I'm being monitored here. It's also empty, where's the Demon at?"

"I don't know, but I feel like we are going to meet them pretty soon.. Keep your guard up.. It might be watching us.." I said in caution.

This room, did we just step into a trap? Or is it really just an empty floor?

I began to walk forward, "C'mon let's keep moving, it's probably not a good idea to stay in the same spot for too long.."

Shizuku nodded and followed close behind me, just what the hell are we getting into. I looked around frantically but saw nothing out of the ordinary. All that was inside of the room was some long, thick chains and a cracked stone floor. There were 6 long chains in total that came from the darkness from 6 different sides, but all met at the center. The radius of the empty room must've been at least 50 yards or so, and the chains were quite huge. Whatever was here must've been pretty damn powerful and massive.

We continued our way forward with caution, and then we heard something that caught our ears. Suddenly, the chains on the floor began to recede back into the Binding Venom, we put up our guards immediately.

"Who's there!? Show yourself now!?" I shouted into the room.

Shizuku created a white magic circle and readied herself.

Something bad is about to happen, I can feel it. It was at that moment that we heard it... The sound of footsteps were heard behind us. We turned around instantly!

"Behind us! Huh?" I said in confusion.

We looked back and saw no one, what the hell?

Then we heard a gentle, but ominous female voice call out to us, it sent shivers down my spine,

"Sounds can be quite misleading don't you think? It's rare for me to receive visitors in this place."

We turned back around and saw the source of the menacing voice.

"Who are you!? Are you the Demon?" I hollered back.

The being who stood in the middle of the room called back to me, "My my! Aren't you the rude one. I believe it's only polite to reveal yourself first before asking someone else. Especially if that person can kill you instantly ehehehe."

The menacing figure in front of me spoke with such a dark but polite tone, she must be the One we are looking for. From what I see, she has long, wavy green hair, orange eyes with a snakes pupils, a small stature and bust, she had two long horns coming from her forehead and a sinister smile across her face. She wore a long black and gold dress adorned with small pinions that looked like talons, she also had two serpents wrapped around her arms, one was black and the other was green. There was a green gem in the middle of her chest that glowed like an emerald.

Shizuku leaned in at me and whispered, "Jean that must be the Demon, let's go along with her for now.. it's the only thing we can do right now.. We just have to stay calm and collected okay?"

I nodded and agreed, "Yeah okay."

I called back, "Okay then, my name is Sir Jean Sinclair of France, I am a Crusader seeking to escape this Hell."

The Serpent girl smiled, "My my isn't that a cute name! Your parents must've loved you very much to give it to you ehehe! And what about the gorgeous young lady next to you?"

Tsk! What does she know about my parents! I grew a bit angry at her statement.

Shizuku raised her right hand to her heart and bowed elegantly, "Hello, my name is Shizuku Yuki! 3rd Princess of the Kottan Tsuki Bloodline, pleased to meet you!"

The Serpent Girl tilted her head, "Kottan Tsuki? Do you mean that Ancient Vampiric Dynasty from centuries ago?"

Shizuku nodded her head, the Serpent Girl spoke back, "Well now, I'm surprised to see such an important diplomatic figure in this Prison! I assume you're only here because of some sort of Treason am I right?"

I looked at Shizuku, she stayed silent, but gritted her teeth, that had to have hit the mark. This girl is good at getting on our nerves...

The Serpent Girl spoke up again, "Hahaha forgive my insolence! I'm sorry for accusing you of Treason like that, but something tells me that I'm not wrong about it ehe."

Shizuku whispered at me, "Jean, this girl is serious bad news.. we have to be extremely careful okay? We can't let her get under our skin..."

The Serpent Girl looked at me and said, "Oh my apologies, I almost forgot to introduce myself as well! My name is ------"

She paused midsentence, then spoke again, "Wait before I reveal myself, I want to test something on you two. Yes I think that would be good!"

Test something? Why am I getting a bad feeling about this..

I respond back, "Test something? What kind of test are we talking about?"

The Serpent's smile widened, then she said, "Calm yourself, it's nothing major, just a simple test.."

Shizuku was getting impatient, and suddenly shouted, "What is your test then Serpent?"

The Serpent Girl raised her left hand and the black snake slithered around it and raised itself up to look at us too,

"Such an impatient princess.. that's not a very beautiful trait your Highness. Very well then, the test is simply to see if you can... approach me."

I answered back, "Approach you? What do you mean by that?"

There has to be more to that.. I don't trust her at all, but I really don't have a choice at this point.

She gave a forbidding glance and said, "It's just as I said, just try to walk up to me, but do keep in mind.. I am Serpent at heart.. will I kill you.. or will I tell you my name.. Come forth and see for yourself..."

She stretched forth her hand and pointed at us, "Ehehehe Show me your resolve. I'm waiting Crusader!"

0