Chapter 6 – Homework Study
182 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A slurping sound could be heard across the room as Yuzu flipped through a page of a light novel with her left hand without much expression as her other hand held a bottled tea with Yuzu flavor she bought today. 

"Stop drinking on my bed like that, Yuzu" I scolded her without paying much attention as I was sitting on my seat, focusing on my study desk filled with English books. 

As if ignoring my words, Yuzu went from sitting position and immediately slump herself against the bed as she covered herself comfortably with a sheet. 

I took a scolding glance at her, but she persisted as she took another sip of the beverage. 

"Come on, what if you spilled the Yuzu tea and it wets the sheet, " I scolded her again without much volume as I continued to finish my English homework. Hearing this, Yuzu tilted her head slightly as she thought of something and glanced at me with a grin. 

"Rika, you lewd," Yuzu said softly and shyly as she took a glance at my direction. 

My concentration broke as I saw Yuzu laughed uncontrollably and the light novel fell out of her hand. 

"So you don't want me to wet your bed, I see," Yuzu nervously said in a teasing tone amidst her laugh. 

"What are you talking about?!" I yelled at the currently laughing Yuzu. 

"Nothing, you're just fun to tease," said Yuzu as she grabbed the light novel that fell out of her hand and she continued to read. 

I calmed myself down as I took a peek at the cover of the light novel that yuzu is currently reading, a beautifully drawn pink haired girl showing a peace sign, with her two friends at her sides could be seen at the cover, it's a slice-of-life light novel that I really enjoyed which Yuzu borrowed and is reading into right now. 

The novel is filled with simple stories of high school students passing their high school days with various activities, one of them includes the protagonist of the novel being teased a lot by her friends. 

Perhaps I stared too much as Yuzu waved at me with a smile at her face, so I ignored her while focusing on my homework. 

An hour passed as I subconsciously eased up my posture while I closed my English book. 

"Done already?" Yuzu asked as she glanced at my direction while holding a light novel with both of her hands, I simply nodded in which she responded, "Let me copy it later."

I simply answered "No" and jumped toward the bed beside Yuzu. She gave a lost puppy look at me. 

"Looking at me like that won't help you, you know," I said firmly as if to keep my resolve in check, she seemed dejected as a small tear flowed down from her eyes. 

"B-but why? didn't you always let me copy your homework?" she pleaded while holding me dearly. 

Yuzu used to always copy my homework when we were in middle school. However, even back then she was considered a prodigy of the top scorer exam of our middle school. It was only until recently in high school that she started to do her homework by herself. 

I only did it because she would always ask at the last minute, the same way as I did to her last week, but I realized we couldn't keep going like this. We kept relying on each other. We already entered high school, the least we could do was do our homework by ourselves. Therefore, unless it was an emergency, I thought to myself that I wouldn't give Yuzu my homework. 

I strengthened my resolve as I whipped the current Yuzu to be the Yuzu that would do her homework properly. 

"Since you have time right now, why don't you do your homework now?" I said with a smile as Yuzu kept her puppy act with more intensity. 

As Yuzu was looking at me, who wouldn't budge. She finally gave in to a tantrum. 

"I don't wanna! We're only in our 1st year of high school! Why do we have to subject ourselves to studying and homework!" Yuzu proclaimed proudly as she stood up with pride and then continued to collapse herself into reading. 

"What would our class think if they heard the honor student act like this..." I muttered while giving her a small sigh. 

The high school girl before me was supposedly an honor student which ranked at the top of our middle school year. Her cheerful demeanor and her pretty long silver hair was enough to charm the class at our class to be deemed as the popular students. 

Yet, right now the current Yuzu was sitting on top of the bed reading a novel. 

It had only been two months since our high school enrollment. However, if things continued this way then Yuzu might be the prey of the next honor student that fell down into NEET life as she continued to spend her life with dull eyes as she read away the latest volume of the novel. 

"You poor thing," I whispered while giving her a pity look as I wiped away my tears after imagining the horrible thing Yuzu would become. 

Perhaps sensing my compassion, Yuzu sent a creeped out look towards me. 

"I'm not sure what you're imagining, but aren't you exaggerating a bit?" Yuzu complained in annoyance. 

I silently stared at her while keeping up with my pity look as I looked toward Yuzu. 

"Fine, fine. I'll do my homework, Rika-Sensei," said Yuzu as she finally gave in and walked out from the bed as she reached towards her bag. 

I chuckled silently while smiling in a mischievous manner, though Yuzu seemed to notice. 

"Acting like that isn't fair, Rika! It's mental manipulation, you bully!" Yuzu said in a playful and teasing manner as she continued with her homework. 

I silently gazed at the light novel Yuzu left and a simple idea came to my mind as I clapped my hand. 

"How about this, I'll let you kiss my cheek if you finish your homework," I said while trying my best to be seductive. Though, I wasn't sure if that worked since Yuzu simply laughed uncontrollably after seeing my attempt at being lewd. 

"That's from the book isn't it?" she simply asked in which I nodded, it seemed like she was more motivated than before, though I wasn't sure.

Around ten minutes later, Yuzu closed her English book as she stretched her arms while letting out a cute voice. 

"Eh, already?" I said in surprise as Yuzu nodded in reply before flopping herself into the bed. 

"There's always a studying arc in slice-of-life manga or light novels, right? But why would anyone wanna read it? It's so boring," Yuzu whined as she looked dejected from reality in which I could only give her simple praising words. 

She suddenly sat on top of the bed and hugged me. I instinctively reacted clumsily while asking, "what's wrong?"

Yuzu kept her silence for a few more seconds as we were stuck in a hugging position for a little while. 

"I'm claiming my reward," Yuzu softly said as I could feel a warm yet damp feeling around my left cheek. 

My body tensed as I could only watch Yuzu in awkwardness, though it didn't last long. 

"Your scent is so good, Rika," Yuzu softly said while I pondered whether I should karate chop her head a little bit or not. Though, her next words calmed me down, "let me stay like this a bit longer."

Although I was completely at a loss at what to do, I simply patted her beautiful smooth hair. 

"Ah!" I instinctively let out a weird noise. 

A tingling sensation could be felt from my left neck. I glanced at Yuzu as she made a "nom" sound while she continued to bite my neck. 

I tried to hit her head to stop her before a creak noise halted my advance. Ayaka-sensei opened the door of my room while holding two cups of tea, presumably for Yuzu and I. 

"Take your time~" said Ayaka-sensei with a nonchalant expression. She put down the cups from her hand to the desk near her and immediately bolted out of the room after closing the door. 

I could only sigh in defeat from the situation that just transpired.

7