Ch 24: Lich Raid | Part 2
92 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 The sky was already darkening, so the adventurers and soldiers decided to take a nap.  Next morning they would go to the end of town.  Elizabeth stayed awake.  She made sure to strengthen the matrix to stop the Lich from breaking through the barrier.

 'Tomorrow all this must end.'  The negative aura near the city center was strong, maybe at the end of the city, the negative aura was even bigger, if that's true, probably the Lich's body will be there.

 When the duke sent expert people to kill the Lich, he ended up running away twice.  However, each time the Lich switched bodies, he grew weaker. This can happen temporarily or permanently, in most cases, they only lose power temporarily.

 The loss of power is caused when the soul is transferred to another body, this process can end up damaging it.

 Of course, Lich's couldn't transfer into anyone's body, they need to schedule the transfer in advance, at least most of them do.  Elizabeth had never encountered Lich strong enough to control souls in such mastery.

 Capturing Lich's is tricky.  Fortunately, these creatures are not common.

 Elizabeth got up and got out of her carriage.  She wanted to go for a walk.

 

 -

 

 Elizabeth went to a nearby cliff.  She wanted to get some air.

 'Why is he here?'  Elizabeth looked at Aizen who was sitting on the edge of the cliff.  Aizen was looking at his appearance in the reflecting pool.

 Elizabeth was curious about this.  Even though Aizen's appearance was very beautiful, he didn't seem to be admiring his appearance but rather… Curious about her?

 "You should be sleeping."  Elizabeth spoke.

 Aizen looked towards her, with an impassive expression.

 "I am not sleepy."  He replied.

 Elizabeth walked over to Aizen and sat beside him.  The wind blew in their faces.  The breeze was chilly, but it didn't bother them.

 "You have a strange aura around you. Do you come from royalty?"  Elizabeth rarely talked to people, because most of them just agreed with everything she said and didn't question anything.  Maybe out of fear.  The nobility constantly got it into people's heads that they were superior.

 Elizabeth could see that Aizen felt none of this.  He didn't even seem to care about her existence.  Elizabeth felt comfortable when she was around him, maybe it was his aura.  She felt a real aura coming from him, but the aura didn't show superiority or authority, but an aura that said "a special boy".

 "No."  Aizen replied.

 "Why did you come to this mission? Aren't you afraid to die?"  She noticed that Aizen didn't seem like an adventurer.

 "Well, I came for the rewards. About being afraid of death, no, I'm not."  Aizen wasn't afraid of death, because he couldn't die.  The most that can happen is for him to be reborn in a nearby city.

 "What about you? Aren't you afraid to die?"  Aizen returned the question.

 "Yes, I have."  Elizabeth replied.

 "Heh…" Aizen was a little surprised.  This was not the cliché he was expecting.  Aizen thought she would say, "a soldier should have the honor to die in battle" or something like that.

 "I don't want to die yet. I have goals to fulfill. Dreams to chase."  Despite being afraid of death, that doesn't mean she would never face it.  She cannot stop living just because she is afraid of dying.

 "..."

 'Goals, huh.'  Aizen had no goals.  For now, he wanted to enjoy the game as much as he could.

 'This is my true home.'  He didn't want to live in that real world.

 "Elizabeth-Sama, what are you doing?"  Balrus approached.

 "Just talking. I'm on my way."  She got up and went to the carriage.

 Aizen continued to sit, watching the starry sky.

 Balrus looked at Aizen with narrowed eyes.

 "..." He turned his back and walked away.

 

 -

 

 "Let's go downtown. All together."

 "Yea!"

 They set off towards the city altogether.

 When they arrived in the center of the city, the negative energy was already enormous.

 "Be careful."

 Many undead began to appear.  This time the amount exceeds 500.

 "That…" The soldiers and adventurers were a little scared.

 "Don't be scared."  Elizabeth created hundreds of ice spikes and threw them at the undead.

 *BOOMM!* *BOOMM!*

 The adventurers were impressed by Elizabeth's power.

 "Fight!"

 Adventurers who knew magic began to cast spells.  The soldiers used energy beams from their swords.

 *Slash!* *Slash!*

 Aizen cut off the heads of many undead.  He made sure to freeze them right away.

 The undead tried to fight back with arrows.

 Elizabeth made a giant magic shield around the group to protect everyone from the arrows.

 "Kill the archers!"  They were the most troublesome.

 Adventurers began to focus their spells on undead archers.

 Elizabeth charged a lot of energy in her sword and released a giant beam that killed hundreds of undead.  The undead were normally easy monsters to kill if energy attacks were used.  Physical attacks weren't very effective against them.

 *Roar!*

 A roar came from the undead horde.

A giant undead taller than 10 feet appears.  He carried a large club in his hand.

 

 ───────────────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹───────────────

 undead

 Rating: Lord

 Level: 30

 ───────────────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹───────────────

 

 The sensation that this undead passed was completely different from the others.

 *BOOMM!*

 The Undead Lord slammed his weapon into the ground and opened a rift that split the undead horde.  He walked slowly towards the soldiers and adventurers.

 "I'll take care of it."  Elizabeth knew it would be difficult for adventurers and soldiers to face this monster.

 *BAM!*

 Elizabeth darted towards the monster at a speed that soldiers and adventurers couldn't even see.

 *BOOMM!*

 Elizabeth kicked the undead Lord in the head.  A crater over 10m was formed on the ground.

 *Roar!*

 The undead tried to fight back with his club, but Elizabeth dodged and counterattacked with ice swords that pierced the Lord's body.

 "It ends here."  Elizabeth made a giant ice spike and threw it at the undead Lord.

 The thorn pierced the undead's body and then froze him completely.

 The soldiers and adventurers were delighted with Elizabeth's strength.

 They continued destroying the undead horde.  The more they killed the more it appeared, in the end, they ended up killing over 1000 undead.  Even more undead lords arrived, but Elizabeth took care of them all.  Elizabeth killed most of the undead.

 "Let's go to the end of town."  Elizabeth drank a mana potion and continued.  The soldiers and adventurers followed.

 After walking for a while, they arrived at the end of town.

 The end of town had several houses.

 "Check the houses. The negative energy of this place is very high-"

 "!!!"

 'W-What is this?!'  Elizabeth felt a frightening presence approaching.

 ...

 "Elizabeth-Sama, I feel an evil presence nearby."  Balrus warned.  He took his knives from his belt and prepared for combat.

 "That…" Elizabeth realized that this was serious.

 "E-Elizabeth-Sama…" The soldiers were startled, their legs shaking and sweat running down their faces.

 The presence the creature was giving off was… too frightening.  The adventurers were already almost running.  They didn't want to end up dying here.

 Elizabeth drew her sword and braced herself.

 ...

 *BOOOMM!*

 

 ───────────────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹───────────────

 Tyrant |  undead

 Classification: Emperor

 Level: 35

 Info: Tyrant is a mutation of two different species.  After being killed, he was resurrected by necromantic magic.  Due to being a mutated creature, his body withstood a vast amount of necromantic magic, which made him evolve.

 ───────────────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹───────────────

Tyrant Image

 The adventurers and soldiers were horrified by the monster.  His appearance had characteristics of a spider and a… scorpion?

 *Roar!*

 The Tyrant walked towards the adventurers and soldiers calmly.

 "E-Elizabeth-Sama…" The soldiers took their swords.  Even with fear, they would still fight if they had to.  The adventurers were more discouraged.  They came here to kill a lich that was weakened and not such a monster.

 Elizabeth created ice stakes and hurled them at the monster.  Surprisingly, the monster dodged the attack.

 *BAM!*

 The Tyrant began its charge by striking Elizabeth's left side with its paw.

 *BOOMM!*

 Elizabeth blocked the blow with her sword, however, the force of the blow was enough to cause a crater over 50 meters in diameter.  She had to use her magic to protect soldiers and adventurers.

 Balrus sent a beam of energy towards the monster's neck, but his attack was dodged.

 "Elizabeth-Sama, let's cooperate."

 "I understood."

 "Back off! We'll take care of it."  Elizabeth yelled at the soldiers and adventurers.

 

 

2