Ch 47: Old inspiration
110 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm changing my writing method to improve the grammatical quality of the chapters. Leave some feedback on this chapter, is it better than the previous ones (grammatically)?

 Aizen LightStar, That name was everywhere in the Forum. The first player to create an epic item and the leader in leaderboards.

 The players listened to the announcements of the system and went to make comments.

 FÓRUM:

 -This guy isn't cheating, is he?

 Many players have had this doubt. Aizen LightStar looked too abnormal for an unknown player. Many believed he was just a lucky guy, but it is undeniable that he was undefeated.

 -Man, hacking this game's system is impossible, never mind.

 –What Epic item did he create? I think it's a potion.

 –Most of the potions we find are useless, which must be why the alchemist profession is so undervalued.

 –I heard that the alchemist's guild in the big cities has many helpful potions.

The players had already looked for many potions, but most were not very useful. It had a lot of potions with weird effects, For example, changing the color of the skin, the size, etc.

Players are not interested in such potions, so most used only healing or energy restoration potions. But now they have access to large cities, the variety of potions has increased significantly, and they have found more helpful potions. For example, invisibility potion, fire-resistant potion, etc.

 -Man, I had to buy water breathing potions recently

 Areas of water farms were found, but breathing underwater was an issue, so they had to find a solution to that: potions.

 – I hope the alchemists can make more money now.

 Unlike the blacksmiths who earned much, the alchemists were not much appreciated, but that seemed to change.

 -

 Going back in time a little:

 "So you're the rookie, huh." Manzai assessed the young man. He didn't expect getting a promising rookie to be difficult.

"You must be the grouchy old man." The young man replied with a skeptical look.

 "Who the hell said that to you?!" Manzai rose from his chair with an indignant expression. 

 Alura walked away, trying to avoid the problem.

 "It was me, grumpy old man." Ryo admitted his guilt with an impassive expression.

 "You…" Manzai felt like punching Ryo.

 "Shut up!" Amarys exclaimed. "Boy, what's your name?"

 "Nightblade." The young man replied, ignoring Ryo and Manzai's fight. He already expected to find this situation here, so he didn't care about it. Mostly, when it comes to the infamous Hunters guild, to expect no conflict to occur was to dream too much.

 Nightblade has admired the Hunters guild in the past, but after learning of the decision the leaders made, all their admiration is gone.

 "I'm glad you accepted our invitation." Amarys showed a sincere smile.

 …

"Why do you insist on it? Nobody will join a genocide guild." His words silenced everyone in the room, leaving an awkward atmosphere. Amarys felt a pain in his breast when he heard Nightblade's words.

 …

 "Boy..." Manzai released an intimidating aura, but Amarys suppressed his aura.

 "Don't make it worse..." She knew Manzai's temper was explosive, and that wouldn't help at all.

 "We're not genocidal, boy." Amarys said, a little annoyed.

 "You are not, but your guild-" Nightblade couldn't finish the sentence, because Manzai drew his sword.

 "You came here to make fun of us?! You think we don't know about the shit that happened?!" Manzai shot towards Nightblade.

 Nightblade drew his sword and blocked Manzai's attack.

 *Ding!*

 "I'm surprised at how brave you are to use the hunters' name yet." Nightblade replied.

 Two shadow clones materialized behind Manzai to attack him. He tried to block the clones' attacks, but suddenly his hands were bound by shadowy ropes.

 "What?!" He was shocked by the fact that he was incapacitated.

  "If you fight someone younger, remember, this game doesn't follow age laws. You will eventually die of underestimating your opponents." Nightblade said. Underestimating the opponent by age is stupid. Age means experience, not power.

 Ryo saw that things were becoming uncontrollable and was preparing to help Manzai. Amarys was ready to attack, too.

"You can't win me even if you fight together-" Nightblade kept quiet, so he sensed a tremendous amount of energy coming from somewhere. He looked sideways and saw the body of Alura emitting a light.

 "Stop fighting, please!!" Aura screamed. The light from her body grew stronger and turned into chains of light. The chains of light shoot out at a speed that exceeds the reaction speed of everyone in the room.

 …

 Nightblade showed a confused expression as he felt the currents in his body. He tried to take them out by releasing his energy, but he couldn't get out. 

 'What?...'

He gave Manzai a moral lesson, but it seems he also ended up underestimating the little girl.

 Nightblade wasn't the only one trapped by the chains, everyone in the room was, even Amarys. Even though Ryo and Manzai tried to break the chains, they couldn't.

 …

 "Alura…" Amarys knew that Alura was too young.

 Alura hated to see her teammates fight each other, the feeling of sadness in her heart made her use her power unconsciously.

"Why are you here, boy? Did you come here to cause trouble?" Amarys decided to ignore her situation and began interrogating Nightblade.

 Realizing that it would not be able to free itself from the chains, he also decided to speak.

 "I came to join you." He said, completely ignoring that he was the root cause of the conflict.

 "I'll kill you!" Manzai writhed on the floor. It seems he was stuck on an inflatable mattress.

 Nightblade ignored Manzai's threats.

 "I spent my childhood admiring the creators of the Hunters, who were my inspiration and inspired me to grow up. However, it all fell apart since then. They went from heroes to villains. My heart didn't believe at all. that, so I went in search of the truth."

 Nightblade took a small wooden sculpture from his inventory. The sculpture was of a man and a woman holding hands, with a flag on their backs.

 …

Amarys was speechless. She knew the feeling the boy was feeling, for she had been through the same thing.

 Hunters Guild had two creators, but as the guild grew, more leaders emerged. When the scandal broke, both creators were indicted of all possible crimes. Even so, they were innocent.

 …

 The chains of light broke, freeing everyone. Amarys stood up and looked at Nightblade.

 "Welcome… to the Hunters." She didn't say anything beyond that. 

The system created a contract containing the rules that members would have to comply with if they wanted to join the guild. Nightblade read and signed the contract.

 He came here initially to see the members. If the members were despicable, he would leave. However, he could see the desire for change in Amarys' eyes, a sincere wish.

 "We'll have a meeting in a few days. See you later." Amarys didn't want to stay in this place anymore and left.

 "Amarys-" Manzai was about to call out to her, but Nightblade cover his mouth.

 "You talk too much." Nightblade said.

 -

 Amarys came into her room with her head down. Tears fell immediately on her face. She pressed her breast, sensing anguish, regret, sadness. She could not show a reaction like this before the members of the guild, she needed to be a strong leader.

 As she approached the window, she watched the stars in the sky, so bright and beautiful.

 "...See? You inspired many people..." She murmured. "Father, mother."

Chapter 48 is already on patreon.

3