Chapter 7: Need some help?
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Itsuki, you got to help with this, man!”

 

“Not this again...” I let out an exasperated sigh.

 

It was lunch break when Asahi appeared in front of my desk with a book in his hand. At my right, I can also hear the giggling noises that Himari is making.

 

“Fufufu, you didn’t finish that homework yet, Asahi?” She asked in a teasing manner.

 

“Shut up!” He shouted, “It is really unfair how a person like you can easily answer these questions without problem.”

 

“Oi, calm down. We already know that she is like that so no point in arguing that.” I pushed him back.

 

As I was saying that to Asahi, Himari stuck out her tongue in retaliation to him.

 

Himari, despite her cheerfully annoying personality, is actually smart. She is considered as one of the better students in our class. But Asahi on the other hand, has been struggling to keep up an average grade since forever. He would most of the time always ask us to help him with homework and studying.

 

I just don’t understand what girls are seeing in this “Prince” of ours…

 

“So will you guys help me?” He asked the two of us with pleading eyes.

 

“Come on, Himari. Let’s help him out.”

 

“Muu, fine! But he now owes us drinks later!” She pointed at him.

 

“As you wish.” He responded, bowing a little like a butler would do.

 

After that, we started helping our dear friend in finishing his homework.

 

.

 

.

 

... it took us forever to finish it.

 

“Thanks guys! You really are the best!”

 

““S-sure...”” Both me and Himari, lying in our tables dead, simply gave him a shaky thumbs-up.

 

Did I forget to mention that it is a pain in the ass to help this bastard? It took us multiple times of explaining and teaching for him to understand the activity. He is just unbelievably really dumb.

 

“...and stupid... real stupid...” I heard Himari mumble.

 

While we were agonizing in our state, we saw Asahi stand up with his wallet in his hand.

 

“I am off to go to get your drinks. You guys deserved it.” He said as he left the classroom to the nearest vending machine outside.

 

After a few minutes of waiting, we both sluggishly raised our heads up as we saw Asahi... surrounded by a lot of female students.

 

“...”

 

“Sorry for the wait, you two.” He said as he gave us drinks.

 

“Haah~ How kind of Asahi.” “He really is a caring person.” “How charming~”

 

Compliments from the girls at the back of him started leaking out, causing me and Himari to feel really uncomfortable.

 

“This was supposed to be a punishment...” She defeatedly said.

 

I simply nodded in defeat as I continued to watch Asahi “flirting”.

***

“Hmm?”

 

It was already the afternoon when I saw Inoue-san sitting not in our usual spot but in one of the picnic tables in the park. Scattered around it were a bunch of books, notebooks and some papers.

 

“I don’t get it...” She mumbled as she twirled her pen around her finger.

 

“What don’t you get, Inoue-san?”

 

“Ah! Azama-kun, good afternoon!”

 

She turned around and greeted me. I did the same and sat next to her. I looked at the book in front of her to see a familiar activity in it.

 

“Isn’t this our homework for today?” I asked.

 

She nodded, “Yes. I figured that I could just do it here while Kuro is eating. But I just can’t seem to get this question.”

 

After that, she showed me the question she has been having difficulty with.

 

“Ah... the answer for this one is letter B.” I pointed at the answer.

 

“Oh, really? Can you explain to me why?”

 

“Sure.” I agreed as I went ahead to explain how I found the answer.

 

It didn’t take me as long as Inoue-san was able to understand it easily. She was even taking note of what I was saying while I was explaining.

 

“Ahh, so that’s how! That was actually easy!”

 

“Yeah. As long as you remember how to use this formula, you can apply it to other items no problem.”

“I see! Thank you so much!” She thanked me as she continued to answer the rest.

 

If she is going to continue with hers, I might as well do mine here. I put my bag on the table and brought my book out as I did my homework.

 

... It’s so peaceful here.

 

A soft gentle breeze blows over us as we quietly work. Kuro, who jumped to the table earlier, is also sleeping quietly. All that is missing in this almost perfect study place is some lo-fi music.

 

“Azama-kun?”

 

“Hm? What is it, Inoue-san?”

 

“Can you help with this one? I couldn’t seem to get this one right.”

 

“Oh, this one is a bit complicated.”

 

I started teaching her once again, which took us a little while longer than earlier. But it didn’t end there as we continued working together to finish our homework.

 

“Ah so letter D will be the answer here, right?” She asked.

 

“Yeah, that’s right. That is my answer.” I replied, showing my solution for the item.

 

“I think I am getting the hang of it.”

 

Inoue-san is definitely much easier to teach than Asahi. Unlike him, you just have to explain to her how to do it and she will be able to do it on her own with no problem.

 

“Fuaah, I am finally done!” She said as she stretched her arms upwards.

 

“Mhm, I am also done here.” I said as I kept my books inside my bag.

 

I looked around me and noticed how late it actually is now. The sky is now dyed in a dark-orange color.

 

“We should better be going.” I told her.

 

“Yeah. Anyway, thank you for helping me, Azama-kun!” She thanked me once more.

 

“You're welcome.” I replied, “You know, it is not bad doing this once in a while.”

 

“I agree, it is really fun! But not only that...”

 

“Hm?”

 

She went ahead of me and faced back at me. Her alluring face gleamed brightly by the sun behind her. A small but genuine smile appeared as she spoke.

 

“I have a great teacher to teach me here as well!”

 

“Ah...”

 

I found myself mesmerized at her innocent act of kindness. Blushing a little, I smiled back at her with a reply, “Well if you say so, Inoue-san.”

 

Yeah, it isn’t bad to study with her here. Maybe I should download some lo-fi songs on my phone next time.

1