CH 2
2.1k 8 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within a second, she appeared in front of Lawrence before staring at the necklace hanging on his neck.

‘Shit! i forgot to hide it, don’t say that it’s hers or some bullshit.’

“Where did you get this? it isn’t supposed to be with you” she said without care for Lawrence as anger swelled in his heart but his face remained stern. 

“I found this in the market yesterday and i liked the design so i bought it” Lawrence shrugged but Catalinna continued staring at it before muttering “impossible”

‘Don’t tell me she also transmigrated? she doesn’t appear to have changed though. I should get away first.’

“I shall go Miss Catalinna as i have a couple of things to do” he started walking away only to be stopped by Catallina as she grabbed his wrist.

“Leave that- I mean let me see it first” she said insistently 

No way in hell women and get off me’

“Please, i’m busy. We can continue speaking later afternoon to discuss our marriage. As it seems that you’re too early, I suggest you take a stroll around our humble abode” he smiled before shaking off her grip. 

“I’m quite unfamiliar with this place, can i come with you?” she asked cutely as he nearly choked when he heard a cutesy voice coming behind him.

‘Damn these women, she’s clearly eyeing for this necklace’.

“Then follow me Miss Catalinna” he smiled while Catalinna followed behind him. Once they entered their house, he noticed that there are no maids around him as aura started emerging behind him. With no time to think he quickly activated the pendant. A yell of surprise can be heard behind him but he already dodged the incoming hand covered with fire and started running away as he cursed himself.

‘She’s fucking crazy, who would attack someone in their house and especially the heir of Aenir Family.’

“Don’t leave or else i’ll burn your face” she threatened but Lawrence was already gone.

“Fuck! to think that wastrel was able to find that pendant. It was supposed to be for my baby Cain and not for that extra” she gnashed her teeth before walking deeper in the Aenir’s mansion. She was also confused when she wake up in the body of Catalinna after dying in the hospital from her illness. She thought it was a dream at first but when he found out Cain was here. Her eyes widened and a plan was started to be constructed.

“To think my novel become a reality” she smiled just thinking about following Cain as his adventures are too exciting compared to being stuck in bed writing a novel to pass time. For now, she needs to grab that pendant to give it to Cain, its rightful owner.

‘To think that woman has a screw loss and the worse is the fact that she seems to be a reincarnated. Why is she so focused on my pendant? Even without it, Cain would still kill the Demon King and Chaotic One by the end?’

Inside his room, he chooses to ignore the Catalinna problem for now, and instead he sat in his bed and started to think about what to do next as he can’t just tell his father that there is a cave near the roads connecting the Swordwin Empire and the Kingdom of Rebia containing a treasure spear arts that are specifically useful for him. For now, the spear arts he’s training are furious spear arts. Which is strong by itself but he won’t grow as strong as he wants using it as it’s still in the adept stage. Movement arts and body arts would be helpful as well.

Light sky step arts is the one that he wants to get right now since if he reach mastery perfection in it, he can create light disks in the air to step on, allowing him to run through the sky and maneuver easily. No one uses this as light mages don’t have the speed to run in the air while warriors didn’t have any light affinity. It’s only usable to paragons and even a light paragon is rare that except for Lawrence, no paragons has the light affinity in the novel except for that old man but he’s just a guardian.

For body arts, he would need the double body arts which allow the user to have another clone with half the power, and the spell Grant affinity which allows the user to pass their own affinity to their clone, golems, slaves under their control. This spell was created by the 6-star mage named the sage of the water. That used his great affinity for water to allow his golems to cast large water spells with ease. Allowing him to create an army of golems that can create tsunamis and water dragons with their mana crystal. This spell was banned and no longer in circulation but in the black market, Lawrence knows how to buy one. This is only a plan for now as a knock on the door followed. A maid entered as she saw Lawrence sitting while contemplating something.

“Young master, Miss Catalinna is waiting at you at the garden.” she bowed before leaving. Lawrence clicked his tongue as he didn’t realize it’s already in the afternoon. With heavy steps, he made his way to the garden to see a white-haired lady staring at the flowers with a smile on her face.

“It seems that i have to burn your face off” she said without taking her eyes off the flowers.

“Oh, what transgression did i do to warrant such contempt on a beautiful lady” Lawrence mused before sitting on a nearby chair with a circular marble table in front of him. There, tea and different kinds of cakes can be seen laid out as he calmly sipped his tea. His eyes glancing at the knight patrolling the gardens.

“I didn’t think a trash can have a way of words” she smiled before walking towards the table.

“At least this trash doesn’t have a crude tongue comparable to the barbarians” he chuckled before a grin appeared. Catalinna gritted her teeth before sitting at the table to face Lawrence.

“That pendant of yours belongs to the hero of this world. You need to offer that to him or else i will burn you to ashes” she warned while glaring at Lawrence.

“Then i shall give it to him when the time comes. We never know who these so-called heroes of yours. Are you sure he isn’t some womanizing arrogant man instead?” the temperature around Lawrence started heating up as flames can be seen flickering behind her.

“You’re nothing but trash that would be a stepping stone for him in the future”

“Then i would like him to try” Lawrence grinned as Catalinna smiled too.

“Oh you will, and you will regret it” she said with satisfaction in her eyes.

Hmm, why does she seems so attached to the main character? is she a fan of him? Luckily, i have a knight patrolling the area, or else i wouldn’t be so arrogant…well my mouth would still be arrogant no matter the odds. Still, this confirmed that she is a fellow reincarnated. Is there more? what would they do? Shit, they might be already eyeing for the artifacts’.

“I have no time to waste talking to a babbling baboon in heat” Lawrence abruptly stands up before leaving Catalinna who was about to grab him in anger only to vanish once more.

“Dammit! Just you wait” her eyes full of anger and frustration. Just when he was about to enter his room. A large arm grabbed his shoulder. Although it was gentle enough not to hurt him, he still can’t move.

“Son…why did you say those things to your soon-to-be-bride” his father sighed as Lawrence turned around to face him.

“She was disrespecting me calling me trash. I have no time to waste on such a woman. father.” Lawrence replied as his father just sighed once more.

“She would be a great boon for our family. She has the same influential family the same as ours and she’s a genius paragon just like you.” his father said but Lawrence stared at him deeply before nodding. His father never liked forcing things like this especially marriage where both parties need to live together for the rest of their lives. Still, he doesn’t have a choice on the matter. He already promised the already deceased head of the Ignis Family that their son and daughters would marry.

“So how about this, tell me anything you want and i will get it for you” his father said with a gentle smile.

“Father I would like to get the light sky step movement art and double body art”

“I see..It shouldn’t be too hard. Why would you like to get those books? i understand the light sky step movement but it doesn’t provide any speed enhancement, unlike our rushing dragon movement art? and double body art, why? clones aren’t as useful as golems and it would only have half of your strength”

“I know what i’m doing father. Once i complete learning all those arts, i would like to spar with you to see if i wasted my time or not” Lawrence smiled as his father nodded with a proud look on his face. Still, a hint of sorrow flashed past his eyes can also be seen. Lawrence didn’t comment on this as he bided his father goodbye and entered his room.

“To think my father can still hear me despite how far he was at the garden. Warriors are indeed amazing” he muttered before sitting on his favorite chair.

‘I only have 2 months before the academy starts again. God, i have to socialize with those privileged haughty people once more..this is gonna be irritating. I should be in my second year at the academy. According to the novel, Lawrence will meet Cain there and start looking down on him since he’s a peasant. With my arrogant mouth, i doubt i won’t ire his anger. Then there’s that woman. What am i supposed to do to her? Once she finds out i’m eyeing the luminosity of multitude spear arts. She would probably demand me to hand it over.’

For the following days, he did nothing but sit inside his room thinking about what to do next. He didn’t train as he didn’t see any purpose in training something that he would discard later but he still trained his light beam in hopes it would reach the mastered stage. In the afternoon, a maid entered his room to tell him that his father is calling for him.

Reaching the office, a man can be seen sitting in his chair staring grimly at a piece of paper. There are shelves full of books on each side and a couch on the side of the office. There, Lawrence sit waiting for his father to finish reading the parchment as he sighed before gazing at Lawrence.

“Your fiancee wanted you to come with her to the north this week for training” his father’s words were like a drop of ice hitting his neck as he shivered the thought of going alone with her on the north. The most dangerous part of the nation.

“I refuse, i don’t have any time to waste” Lawrence said as his father grew silent.

“I won’t give you the arts you wanted if you don’t go” his father said sternly.

“Forgive me father but i don’t want to go. I have no plans dying to the north”

“Nonsense! No harm will fall upon you. I have given you two 3 star warriors and a 3-star mage as your escort”

“Forgive me once more, i don’t like relying on others for protection” Lawrence bowed before leaving.

“Are you disobeying me?” his voice is tinged with anger as Lawrence stopped in his tracks

‘Fuck! what am i supposed to do? i can’t disobey father but Catalinna will probably torture me just to get the pendant. As long as she won’t kill me personally, she can just blame it on the monsters and instead kill my escort as proof. There is an item that can lure monsters towards a specific spot and her family creates those products. What should i do?’

“Fine father, this helpless son of yours won’t disobey the great sword saint” a hint of anger, despise, and frustration can be heard in Lawrence’s tone but he didn’t care. He wanted to let his father know that he’s forcing him.

‘If only i have the power to disobey, to not live in fear, and be free. This wouldn’t happen’.

He left the room full of frustration as his father can only sigh. In the note, the issue of challenge can be seen as it was once again his rival. The duel doesn’t result in death and at most only injuries. The only thing he can’t bear is his son losing against his rival’s son as his rival would boast openly about how amazing his son is compared to his. He gritted his teeth knowing what happened as it already happened before. He knows his son isn’t talented in the spear or magic.

Still, he doesn’t want to see his son be disappointed in himself and lose hope. He ordered his butler to take the book arts to his son’s room as he hoped that his son isn’t that frustrated in him. A pouch full of gold totaling to a hundred is also given to his son.

Inside Lawrence's room, a knock followed as he saw his father’s butler appearing. Giving him both book arts that he requested and a pouch full of gold.

Without wasting any time, he started reading the light sky step movement art before going to the double body art.

3 days later, the day he most hated. Monday, appeared Catalinna with a big grin on her face with the carriage they would be using. Despite those 3 days, the light disk can’t support his body while his clone can’t even form properly and become a muddled slime instead. He barely slept and he still didn’t get any progress. With his escort riding his horse, he rode the carriage with Catalinna inside. His red shaggy hair and bloodshot eyes surprised Catalinna but she didn’t care and instead started looking for the pendant. No matter how she gazed at him, she can’t find it. Annoyed, she grabbed Lawrence by the collar while glaring at him.

“Where’s the pendant trash? i swear if you lose it, i will personally cremate you” She threaten but Lawrence just gazed at her before kicking her arms away with the full strength of his two-star body, rattling the carriage and smashing Catalinna towards the other side of the carriage.

“Don’t touch me, i don’t have the energy to entertain your disrespectfulness” he glared full of hatred before crossing his arms and closing his eyes. Humiliated, her hands burned brighter but as she was about to pounce on Lawrence. The small window opened beside Lawrence as his escort looked inside to see what’s happening.

In an instant, the fire in her hands was gone as she sat silently. Luckily, her arms didn’t break but it was bruised from the full impact of Lawrence’s kick. Throughout, the journey not once did Lawrence wake up and Catalinna just sat there silently with anger growing stronger every time she gazed at Lawrence who looked completely defenseless.

“Young Miss and Master, we have arrived” the coachmen announced as Catalinna stared at the snow with the same color as hers and her mother’s hairs. A gentle smile appeared on her face. She can’t wait to meet her again in the north to introduce his..she looked at Lawrence who had already woken up and went off the carriage with a calm demeanor. A light disk appearing with each of his steps.

She was curious why he’s using the light sky step movement when in the novel she wrote, he didn’t use it even once. Now he’s learning it. She also knows that he wasn’t a genius like his father said he was since after losing to Cain. He never appeared in the novel since he’s fated to get stuck in 2nd-star paragon for the rest of his life. This confuses her but she snorted before gazing at the white snow.

Meanwhile, Lawrence keeps on using the light sky step to raise its stage forcefully. He might be exhausted after this but he didn’t care. He needed to grow stronger as soon as he can.

Luckily, there's nearby a plant treasure named the moonlight crystal flower. It can change his attribute from a normal light affinity to moonlight affinity. Which infuses his light with the power of the moon that allows it to have a freezing effect and reflects anything allowing him to ricochet his light beam making it more unpredictable. He entered the large house in the middle of nowhere with its black exterior creating a terrifying aura like the demon’s king castle with ice rose flowers scattered everywhere. Both he and Catalinna entered while being followed by their escort. This castle is the place where the Ice Monarch lives that guarded the north together with the three 6 stars warriors and mages. She is the mother of Catalinna and his mother-in-law in the future.

Waiting for them is a woman in her mid-twenties with white braided hair reaching her ankles in a white gown. He knew she’s already 40 plus years old but she still has a youthful expression on her face.

“Mom!” Catalinna shouted with excitement on her face as she embraced her mother tightly as a chuckle escaped from her mother.

65