CH 6
1.4k 4 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the remaining weeks, Lawrence nearly strengthens his mana heart to reach 3-star mage as he can only wait for the meantime as he mainly focused on getting used to his new spear.

He also continuously trained both the reflection and absorption. As the knights of the Aenir Family would always be anxious since no one wants to fight the young master for reasons such as injuring him severely or getting caught holding back. Lawrence would always challenge a knight to fight with him as he only used reflection and absorption to fight.

He would always lose and would usually stay at the healer’s room to get treatment. Despite his mother trying to stop him, he only explained that he should train in real battles so he would be ready in the fourth wall. His mother would reluctantly agree as she can only sigh at the sight of his son fighting and getting injured. Getting injured was painful but his face wouldn’t show it. There was even a time where a sword was accidentally stabbed towards his stomach as he only winced before glaring at the ground. Still, it improved his control over the reflection and absorption as the last day, he can fully reflect and absorb anything a low stage three-star knight can throw at him. Still, to activate both spear movements. He would need the attacks to hit his weapon as the knight was faster than him. He still loses from receiving the attacks that he can’t react to or sense.

After that fight, he went to see the healer once again before heading to his room. He ate the food that was laid on his table before taking a shower. Inside the shower, the water was warm and relaxing as he stands there with his eyes close. He started thinking about tomorrow as he will finally head to the north. Oddly enough, he wasn’t scared or worried. He was confident in his chances to live and grow stronger. He stayed there for an hour before deciding to turn off the water rune that activated the shower. While donning his robe, he went outside the shower as he saw the shocked Catalinna staring at him. His relaxed expression turned grim as he ignored her while looking through his clothes in the closet.

“Why are you here?” He asked

“My mother brought me here to visit you while she talked with Duke Leonard for tomorrow”

“I see..” He silently grabbed a normal white tunic and black pants before entering the bathroom to change. Once finished changing, he gazed at Catalinna who looked fatigued and sleepy.

“Then why are you in my room?”

“Since you weren’t responding to me as i was bashing the door” there was a hint of anger before a tired sigh escaped from her mouth.

“Can we not argue right now? I’m fucking tired ok?” she glared as Lawrence shrugged. Lawrence sat beside Catalinna who was sitting on his bed.

“You do know that i can kill you for what you did to me right?” Lawrence’s cold voice echoed in the room as Catalinna smirked

“You can certainly try” she chuckled. Lawrence tilted his head.

“Your invisibility won’t work against me anymore you bastard” she said with a sleepy tone. She seems to be really tired as if she hasn’t rested for days. Her usual furious tone of speaking was gone.

“Can i…fuck why do i have to do this…can i sleep here. My legs hurt when i move..please?” she said with pleading eyes as Lawrence coldly looked at her.

“No”

“Dammit, my mother forced me to walk from the north towards here as ‘training’. I’m really tired ok? can’t you be more considerate to beautiful girls?”

“I’m usually considerate to beautiful girls” he said as Catalinna smiled

“But you’re neither beautiful nor a girl in my eyes” Catalinna grits her teeth as she glared at Lawrence. In protest, she just lay on his bed without caring what Lawrence said. Lawrence was about to kick her off his bed just to be reminded that his father and Ice Monarch can probably sense what’s happening here.

With a sigh, he just lay near her. A sudden yelp comes out from Catalinna’s mouth as she hides her face.

“I have a question”

“hmm?” Catalinna responded with a sleepy tone.

“Do you know who’s Lucarius?” Catalinna quickly stared at Lawrence with confusion in her eyes.

“How do you know him?” she asked

“So you do know him..”

“Well yes…he is the creator of celestial domination spear style or the initial successor of it. The second successor would be the final boss of the novel. Who improved the celestial domination spear to another level. He’s as strong as Cain as the fight would kill…me and all of Cain’s followers” she replied as Lawrence got a chill running through his spine. If what she said is true then he will be the final boss. He was relieved, he would rather trust himself with this power than a nobody. He contemplated on whether to tell this to Catalinna or not. He shakes his head as the fourth wall is too dangerous to hold back by not using the spear art as it would still be discovered if he used it secretly.

“By the way, how did you know about him? He should be erased in history by now.” Catalinna asked

“Will you allow yourself to die against the final boss? I know that the Ice Monarch will die in the next year in the first wall right?” Lawrence ignored her question as she looked torn about what to say. She was emotionally attached to her mother no matter how strict she was. She was always worried about Catalinna that’s why she was being trained like a spartan.

“I…don’t know.. I’m willing to sacrifice ..no..i don’t.” she didn’t finish her words as she went silent.

“See? Don’t you want to protect your mother? It’s the same with me. I want to protect my family and if Cain stopped me. I won’t hesitate to kill him”

“…but Cain is the destined savior of this world. We are just intruders in this world. What if he failed? What do we do?”

“Then i’ll step up to protect this world. This is my world now and as i said I don’t like relying on others for my protection”

“And if i failed, i can only blame myself for being weak. At least I did something” he said solemnly as Catalinna stared at him.

“I guess so..maybe i can grab the treasures that were found by the villains. Then, i can strengthen myself to help Cain without weakening him!” she nodded at her plan as she stared at Lawrence awkwardly.

“By the way, i’m the successor of Lucarius” Lawrence said with a grin as Catalinna hurriedly raised her torso before glaring at Lawrence. She was in pure disbelief. Flames flickered in her arms as if she’s about to attack him. Lawrence saw this but he’s guaranteed to live even if she’s gonna attack him. His father would reach his room faster than Catalinna can swing her fist.

“What do you mean?” she said seriously with the same anger as before.

“Then you better grow stronger as you might be killed by me” Lawrence grinned as Catalinna rubbed her forehead before laying back to bed.

“Congratulations, you’ve fully convinced me to grow stronger. I hate you. I will..stop..you ” she glared before yawning as she can sense her eyes getting heavier before falling asleep peacefully. Lawrence chuckled before sleeping in the same bed with her. Not minding the fact that they are sharing a bed.

“Did you understand what they said?” Leonard asked the Ice Monarch who is sipping tea while gazing at the moon through the window. As the moonlight entered the darkroom.

“No…but if what your son said is true. I guess there is something big that’s gonna happen next year to guarantee my death”

“You believe him?”

“By the way of how Catalinna reacted. It seems to be true. She would ridicule Lawrence immediately if she didn’t believe him”

“I’m more worried about this Cain and the alleged final boss. Cain is the most talented swordsman in the history of the academy so it wouldn’t be a surprise for him to become strong enough to be called a savior” The Ice Monarch added before gazing at Leonard “Then does that mean your son is the final boss?”

“I guess so…whatever that means”

“We both know that he has the spear art of Lucarius right?” Ice Monarch asked as Leonard nodded.

“Yes..i’ll make sure that he wouldn’t stray from the right path”

“Right path? Leonard, there are no right paths anymore. Only greed and power to conquer or protect. You know that…we both know that” Ice Monarch said solemnly as Leonard’s face is full of anger.

“Richard wouldn’t like seeing you like that. It has been years since he passed and there’s nothing we can do..” The Ice Monarch glance at him with sadness in her eyes before leaving the room.

“Dammit…” he muttered as he sighed. He gazed at a picture frame with both her wife and son smiling together as he calmed himself.

“It was the right choice…it was the right choice” he muttered like a mantra before sleeping at his desk.

The next morning, Lawrence wakes up first as he went to take a bath to remove any drowsiness he’s feeling. After finishing to take a bath, Catalinna was still asleep. He didn’t bother waking her up as he walked outside fitted with a black suit and simple red long pants.

What he didn’t know was that Catalinna was already awake but she pretended to still be asleep to avoid an awkward conversation this early in the morning as she checked herself to see if something happened while she was asleep. Thankfully, she was still wearing the same clothes.

Walking outside, Lawrence saw the Ice Monarch eating with his family at the dining table as he greeted her with a slight bow.

“So did anything happen last night?” his father asked while grinning before getting elbowed by his mother.

“Nothing happened Father” Lawrence replied casually.

“You’re not married yet, so i forbid doing such acts for now” the Ice Monarch said as his mother nodded as she agrees with her decision.

“That’s true Lawrence, i know you’re excited to do those stuff but don’t be hasteful okay? I have some medicine that can help avoid pregnancy.” his mother smiled as Lawrence nearly choked at the food he’s eating

“Y-yes mother. I’ll keep that in mind” he replied awkwardly as he started eating silently. Catalinna arrived with a polite smile as she greeted her mother, the duke, and duchess. She was invited to eat with them as she accepted with a wide smile. She eat with grace and gentleness that Lawrence gazed at her as if she’s the Catalinna he has known. After eating, the Ice Monarch bid her farewells together with Lawrence and Catalinna as they set off for their journey to the fourth wall. The carriage become smaller and smaller as both Leonard and Sharina gazed with worry as Leonard hugged his wife’s back tightly to calm her down.

“It’s gonna be alright. He’ll return safely. I promise you that” Leonard said gently as Sharina nodded slightly.

“You even gave him the treasure you gave me when we got married”

“I know…it’s just..would it be enough?”

“Of course, it has the ability to absorb any attack from an enemy stronger than Lawrence. Also, i have guards protecting him from the shadows.”

“…fine..you win..I guess i was just overthinking it”

“Of course honey” Leonard smiled easing Sharina’s worries.

After traveling for hours, Lawrence saw a large wall made of metal that is being covered with snow and ice. He saw barracks and different houses scattered around the snowy plains as 3 gates opened to let the warriors get out from their gate, ready to face the incoming monsters. The Ice Monarch walked off as the nearby knights saluted with their fists on their hearts. A large muscular man with a large blade behind his back can be seen running towards them before bowing at the Ice Monarch.

“The great Ice Monarch, i am Legor. A fourth-star warrior and the general of the fourth wall. What brings you here?” he spoke politely

“I’m here to let my daughter and Duke’s son train here for two months. I believe that i have reported this to your superiors”

“Yes Ice Monarch” Legor turned his head to look at Lawrence who has a bandaged stick-looking thing behind his back. He looked dignified with his calm and cold expression with his fiery red hair and blue eyes exuding a terrifying aura around him. As for Catalinna, her long white hair reaching her waist and her hair covering her left eyes with an elegant look on her face captivated Legor as he stared away from her.

“Both of you follow me” he said, hoping for them to follow him as nobles tend to do whatever they wanted. He started walking towards the barracks that looked magnificent and luxurious as it was akin to a resort instead of a proper barrack.

It was a white mansion with a colorful garden in front as Legor has only entered this mansion once when he escorted the students from the academy.

“This is where you’ll be staying for the rest of your two months stay but i will call you if a monster wave happens as this isn’t a vacation but a training ground. As one of the most dangerous training grounds, your life isn’t secured here” he warned as Lawrence nodded while Catalinna ignored whatever he said. Seeing that at least one of them listened to him, he started walking away as he needs to report this to his superior.

“So what do we do?” Lawrence asked while gazing at Legor who is walking faster and faster.

“What do you mean what do we do? We stay here, wait for them to call us and then we fight. That’s what we do or are you just scared?” Catalinna replied with a grin.

“Wanna fight? I’m still pissed at losing against you. I’ll make sure i’ll wipe off your stupid grin in the ground” Catalinna smiled as Lawrence sighed.

“You do know i have his spear art right? That should warrant that i would win” Lawrence briefly said before turning around while carrying a large bag behind his bag with the spear inserted inside.

“Hah?! Do you think you’re as strong as him? How about we do a bet?”

“Bet? Sure” Lawrence stared at her.

“If i lose, you can ask three questions and i’ll make sure i can answer it. Pretty nice right? As you know, i’m the author. If you lose, you have to be my servant for a week. Wanna bet?”

“I see…i won’t lose anyways but we will fight later after i put my bag in my room. We should fight on there” Lawrence pointed at a large snowy plain far from the wall. There were some trees around it and the barracks are far from there. He doesn’t want to accidentally destroy something on the first day. Catalinna stared at the place where Lawrence pointed as she nodded. Lawrence walked away as Catalinna stared at his back. White flame emanated from her palm as she smiled deviously.

48