CH 16
840 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Opening the door of the inn, he stumbles upstairs as he applies pressure on the wound on his chest to slow down the bleeding. He accidentally teleported just in front of the inn as he doesn’t have time to really think where he would teleport when he used the ring since he will surely die if he delayed it by a second. Gritting his teeth, he can barely keep himself upright. Using the walls to help him walk forward, he slowly inched to his room as his consciousness is starting to loosen.

“Wha-what happened to you?” a woman’s voice surprised him as he looked backward to find the cloaked woman. If she would attack him right now, he would surely die.

“It’s none of your business” he replied as he started walking towards his room.
“But..your…wounds..” she muttered but he didn’t reply anymore as his consciousness is slipping again. Biting his lips, he jolted in pain as he started walking again. Suddenly, a searing pain arrived from the wound on his chest as he falls to his knees. The numbing effect of his adrenaline is sapping out of his body as pain riddled his body.

“I’ll help you-you. If..you let me work for you..You’re a noble right? I can clean and wash clothes and dishes. Just don’t molest me! Oh sorry..i’m talking too much. Please, please?? I also know how to treat wounds and poison.I am really helpful!.” she talked enthusiastically and excitedly but Lawrence can barely hear anything she’s talking about.

“Help me and i’ll…reward you” he sighed

“Yes! I mean, i’ll do it. Do you have a potion? i’ll grab it” he nodded as he decided to sit on the floor. Blood covered his suit and the floor as he gritted his teeth in pain.

“Here” Lawrence activated the space ring as a potion appeared in his hand.

“Thank you.. i mean…uh…please open your suit” she blushed sightly but Lawrence didn’t care. Taking off his favorite suit, the woman can see the wound on his chest as she winces. Although it didn’t hit his heart, it is still a mortal wound. Blood is practically oozing from this wound as this is the first time he has seen so much blood coming from his body. The woman opened the potion and started pouring the liquid into his wound as he winces in pain.

“Please…your back..” He nodded as she started pouring the rest of the health potion on the large cut on his back. After that, the woman hesitated for a second before sighing. Removing her cloak, she used it to cover Lawrence’s torso as his eyes widen in shock. Her beauty captivated him before biting his lips as he is getting affected by her curse as he hurriedly looked down. He didn’t expect to see her here as he massaged his temple. This is a huge problem as having her near him is detrimental to him. She is the poisonous angel Vania and she has a curse of beauty where any man will immediately, with no failure would fall in love with her obsessively. Although her simple clothes are shabby and worn to the point that it looks like a rug pieced together to make a cloth. It doesn’t take away her otherworldly beauty and the aura of perfection.

“No-no..please don’t look at my face..” she shuddered as Lawrence can understand her fear. She has probably been sexually assaulted by males and abused by women that are jealous of her beauty. Her trembling eyes with tears streaking in her face reminded him of a child that is staring straight at a growling and hungry wolf.

“Don’t worry. I know of your curse. It won’t affect me as much as the common men. " he lied to ease her worries. Although it is a curse, she would eventually turn it into a deadly weapon and he wants her by his side on his plans. He just needs to find a mask that can block her face to stop the curse from affecting him.

“R-really? A-are you sure?” she tilted her head to gaze at Lawrence who in turn closed his eyes.

“I said it won’t affect me as much, it doesn’t mean i’m resistant to the effects.” he sighed

“S-sorry..um..what work would you like me to do? and how much is my..um…salary?” she muffled with great hesitation in her voice.

“I’m planning on creating an organization that would help every being from the incoming disasters”

“I’m not sure if I can help you with that sir..umm..you see…i don’t have any powers. Although I can clean the headquarters if you want that sir.”

“You don’t understand your potential. Your curse will help the world, trust me” Lawrence stands up while smiling at Vania with his eyes closed. He meant what he said. He felt pity for Vania when he read the novel as she only wanted someone to love her for what she is and not because of her beauty. To have friends and have a normal life. There was even a point in the novel where she tried disfiguring her face but it would always heal. Because of all the abuse and injustice that was caused by others, she hated humans and every single being as their destruction gave her an emotion she never felt before. Happiness and satisfaction.

“I-i don’t know what you are talking about sir…”

“It’s fine.”

“I-i see..sorry sir for not understanding what you meant”

“Just bring me to my room. I need to rest” Lawrence sighed as he can see the insecurity and self-doubt leaking from the young woman. Reaching his room, he shakes his space ring before tossing the gold coin towards Vania who nearly dropped it on the floor.

“Woahh…thank you sir! I’ll work hard from now on” she bowed as she closed the door before he can hear her humming happily outside before walking away. He chuckled before sitting on his bed.

AHHHH, I nearly fucking die!!! Thank you for this fantasy world to have a potion to quick fix my injuries. That was painful. Aghh man, I didn’t even sense that assassin. So they were just playing around for the last week. This is bad..i’m extremely defenseless. Maybe i should….No! This is too late to give up. I can do this…i can do this..huu’ he laid down as he calmed his turbulent heart. Ever since he arrived in this world, he has had a lot more near-death encounters than he ever did on earth. Sometimes, he’s happy that this body of his is always calm and collected while his mind would always turn no matter how many unexpected things happen around him. If he was the same as before, he wouldn’t do anything dangerous and would likely be pushed around by events happening in the novel. He gazed at his hand contemplating if the determination he’s feeling right now is even truly his.

“It’s not the time to get sentimental about this. I need to rest” he said to himself as he lay on the bed before closing his eyes.

Meanwhile, the black-haired youth can be seen walking around the road alone as he hums happily while twirling the dagger in his hands. After his boss shouted at him for failing to do the job, he hurriedly went back to look for his target. It has been an hour since he started walking around and his drowsiness is catching up to him. On the lonely road, he found a woman washing their clothes. Upon a closer look, the clothes are covered with blood. With no hesitation, he dashes towards the woman to interrogate her.

Reaching her, a wide hiccup interrupted him as the woman gazed at him with his dagger raised in the air. Her blue eyes are covered with tears as she sniffled before bowing to the ground.

“Eeek! P-please don’t kill me” she said hurriedly with fear in her sweet voice. What he didn’t know is that his body wouldn’t move. His face felt hot as he looked around his body if he got poisoned but it should be impossible. He’s immune to any poison so why does the world around him feel slowing down and his heart beating furiously.

“No-no.i’m not gonna kill you. C-calm down okay?” he replied with a weird tone as he even felt weirder the longer he stares at this woman. Deciding to take his eyes off this woman, he feels himself calming down.

“R-really?” she asked with her gleaming blue eyes staring at the black-haired man blushing intensely as her fear is changed to despair. She has seen this expression from the many men that have fallen for her. They would always make advances towards her with no regard for her emotions. The worse is, if she rejected them. They would always go violent. This man in front of her is someone she can’t run away from. The aura around him reeks of death and she can sense an overwhelming void in his heart.

“I just want to ask why are you washing that bloodied clothes? Did something happen?” he said coldly as he can but a hint of worry is clear in his voice. He cursed himself inwardly.

She tilted her head in confusion, she fully expected the man to flirt with her or at least do anything rather than questioning what she is doing. She gazed down at the clothes she’s cleaning as she didn’t expect someone to see her. It’s midnight and she cleaned her boss’s suit outside to avoid the smell of blood lingering in the inn.

“Oh..my boss was injured so I cleaned his suit. I don’t know why but I just want to help him. Did you believe that he gave 1 gold for helping him! He’s a great boss already” her smile beamed as she can sense no ill intent coming from this man.

“I see…say. Is your boss have gray hair and a mustache?”

“Don’t tell me, you are the one who injured boss. Don’t kill him, please! He’s my boss, he said i will help him create an organization that will save the world. I want to have a purpose in life..please” she grabbed the hem of his clothing as she gazed at him with her eyes glistening with tears.

“He stole something to the black market. He’s dangerous and it’s my job to kill him. Sorry” he sighed but Vania didn’t let go.

“Please, let’s hear him out. I know he’s a good person. Please” she insisted with her eyes fixed in his as he felt his body locked in place. Unknowingly, he was already nodding that only when she smiled widely did he realize he agreed to her request. He knows an assassin like him has no time to waste time like this but every time she gazes at him, his body would freeze and a strange emotion welled inside him.

Walking upstairs, she opened the door as he entered the room to find the middle-aged man sleeping in his bed. With a deadpanned expression on his face, he was about to dash forward only to see that man waking up and staring at both of them.

“Why did you bring an assassin here in my room?” Lawrence sighed as he didn’t expect that Vania would bring the youth who nearly killed him. His eyes are still closed

“I suggested to him that he will hear you out” she smiled proudly like she did something impressive. He gazed at the youth to find him glancing at Vania a couple of times with a slight blush appearing on his face occasionally.

“Let me explain- before he can finish his words, the door opened slightly to reveal Catalinna walking through both Vania and the black-haired youth.

“Give me back the space ring, i run out of money” she blurted out nonchalantly as Lawrence sighed before gazing at her disappointingly. Trying his best to avoid seeing Vania

“Ohh, what happened to you? You looked like you’re dying already?” she asked with a smile

“Yes..i can see myself. If you want your gauntlet tomorrow then forget about getting your space ring.”

“Who is this guys? What are they doing here in your room?”

“This is Vania and…the assassin that injured me” he sighed as Vania reluctantly bowed to Catalinna who gazed at her before forming a gentle smile. While she glanced at the assassin before revealing a savage smile as she dashes forward with her flames forming around her arms. Lawrence throws his spear in between them as it has a silver glow around the shaft as it absorbed the impact and the fire from her attack.

“Stop, I don’t want for this inn to get destroyed.”

“Wait..how do you know my name boss?” Vania asked

“It isn’t important. Both of you, I’m here to offer you both a deal. Help me reach my goals and i’ll give you everything you want”

“That’s kinda suspicious if you tell me” Catalinna chuckled as Lawrence ignored her

“How are you not…lying?” Vania asked, seemingly stunned while the youth’s expression twitched before returning back to his deadpanned face.

“What is your goal?” the youth asked

“Save every living being from the disasters that’s gonna happen in the future.”

“Is that even possible?” the youth smirked

“No, but I will do everything I can to reach my goal.”

“Can I even help?” Vania muttered softly

“Of course, you can. Trust me” Lawrence replied as she nodded hesitantly.

“Hmm…the assassin thing is getting too old. I guess i can just leave the black syndicate. They treat me like trash anyway. Here bossman, as long as this woman follows you. I’ll follow you too” he pointed at Vania who in turn gazed at him confusedly

“I don’t agree to sexual harassment and forceful advances to her if that’s what you want”

“W-what d-do you mean! No..nothing like that.” he fumbled with his words as he looked at Vania worriedly. She just gazed at Lawrence before bowing.

“If i can bring this assassin to the organization with my presence..then i’m willing to join as long as he doesn’t touch me inappropriately” Lawrence can see the youth’s expression didn’t even change. It was like he wasn’t offended by what Vania said. He doesn’t know who he was and he never appeared in the novel. He’s a talented shadow affinity warrior and has the rare true sight. He’ll have to take a closer look at this youth for a few days before deciding what to do.

“I won’t join your organization but i’ll help you with ways I can only do so give me the damn space ring”

“What did you even purchase?” he sighed

“Rations and everything we need for travel. Don’t tell me you’re planning to stay here?”

“Besides, what is your organization’s name?” she asked

“Moirai” he smiled

21