CH 46
180 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A bright concentrated beam made of mana flew through the night sky before slamming into one of the open windows in a mansion. Lawrence only saw that a part of his shoulder was blown off cleanly as blood and flesh scattered all over the bed. Before he can properly react, another white beam crashes into his room. Creating a large explosion that woke everyone up. Lawrence can only close his eyes only to find his clone standing in front of him with a large hole in his stomach.

“F-fuck, it fucking hurts.” The clone muttered under heavy breathing and tears welling in his eyes. His body broke into a million pieces like a mirror shattering into pieces as Lawrence gritted his teeth. It was the work of an assassin who Lawrence knows by the simple fact of the white beam.

“Geiryst…it seems that you have picked your choice” Lawrence muttered before activating the teleportation ring as he manifested in the nearby alleyway while grasping his mangled arms and shoulders that has a clean hole through them. If he was a normal person, he would have already died, either from shock, blood loss, or pain. Still, his face remained cold and uncaring as ever before. He turned around only to find a blue portal facing his face, he immediately activated the gravity barrier and concentrated all of it on his face. As a large beam of light was blasted straight to his face. The nearby buildings crumbled and shook from the force of the blast as Lawrence was pushed back a few meters away. Before he can even stand up properly, twenty portals manifested nearby. Surrounding Lawrence in every direction possible. A blinding light erupted before an earth-shattering explosion followed. Smoke filtered the area as the civilians woke up in a panic as a chunk of the nearby road and buildings was reduced to rubble.

On the rooftop, a robed man gazed at the destruction with calm eyes. The white gun rail on his hands smoked and dented from the overexertion of using it to its full potential. Knowing how tricky it was to kill Lawrence, he didn’t hold back and created gun rails that would get destroyed after shooting a single beam. He was surprised that his initial dual burst didn’t kill Lawrence but seeing the amount of destruction in the alleyway. Even a high 4-star warrior that prioritizes defense would either die or be severely injured. Even though he doesn’t run out of mana, fatigue still shook Geiryst’s body as he falls to his knees before coughing blood.

“I hope the goddess doesn’t give me another mission” Geiryst said to himself.

“You shouldn’t worry about that” a cold and uncaring tone resounded near Geiryst as he turn his head to face a humanoid wearing some kind of black metallic armor with eye-like insignia surrounding the armor itself. The armor seemed to be moving and flowing like thick mud. It stands at 2 meters with spikes on its shoulder pads, helmet, and spine. It looked like a monster wearing armor.

“W-what are you?!” Geirystteleported away but the armored humanoid was already standing beside him. Calmly looking at him. Geiryst was about to summon a white shotgun but black spikes sprouted from the roof. Stabbing him in both of his arms. The humanoid looked down on him before grabbing Geiryst by the arm. Slowly, the humanoid pulled Geiryst arms as he started screaming in pain. The black spikes that pierced Geiryst’s flesh are slowly getting dragged through his skin and arms as he screamed as his voice was already ragged and hoarse. A portal manifested below them as Geiryst falls into it but the armored humanoid didn’t let go. Dangling Geiryst by the wrist, half of his body is on the mansion while the half was still on the rooftop.

“I wonder what would happen if the portal was forcefully removed” the humanoid wickedly said with faint laughter emanating inside of the armor.

“P-please, don’t. I b-beg you” Geiryst pleaded under heavy tears and a hoarse voice.

“See? All people are the same in the face of death. Your face…it’s refreshing to look at” the humanoid commented with a tone of interest in its voice.

A potion flew out of the portal before breaking as a bright light blinded the humanoid. The humanoid lets go of Geiryst and he falls to the portal. Geiryst slams on the yard with eyes full of tears and a face full of snot. His arms are bleeding with a line of wound exposing his flesh as blood pooled on the grass.

“What happened Geiryst?” Samantha asked while Catalinna was looking at him suspiciously. Vania wasn’t there and Luke was nowhere to be found. Geiryst sighs knowing that at least someone can support him to kill that sadistic thing.

“I…was on a mission but after I finished that, an armored human appeared. It’s faster than I can perceive and it took me hostage. Thank you for saving me”

“Mission? Is this mission include you shooting up the mansion. Or specifically, killing Lawrence” Catalinna said with a serious tone. Her expression was calm but deathly as flames started appearing in her arms.

Geiryst didn’t answer but only looked away as Catalinna’s jaw clenched while veins pulsed in her temple. She glared at Geiryst with anger bubbling inside her heart. She was about to charge in and burn him to ashes with everything she can. Only for Samantha to appear between them with her arms stretched. Seemingly protecting Geiryst from Catalinna.

“Samantha, I owe you one for healing me but what he did is unforgivable. Lawrence was my…” she stayed silent, pondering what he was in her life. An annoyance? A rival? A villain? An asshole? Lo-She shakes her head to remove that disgusting thought as she continued “companion who-no matter how bitter our journey was-still helped me. Still, if you want to throw your life away for that man. It’s…understandable but you better know that I’m gonna be sad”

“Catalinna…it’s fine. This is my decision” Samantha replied

“W-wait! Samantha, what are you doing?! Leave me alone. You’re not gonna be much help in the fight. I can take her down, trust me so run!” Geiryst immediately retorted while grabbing her by the shoulder and shaking her.

“It’s fine, I’m not weak. I have the blood of the seraphim!” she declared wholeheartedly. The three of them stared at each other for a second before a slow clap can be heard nearby. Everyone looked around to find the source of the sound only to find the armored humanoid sitting on the chair clapping slowly with a grin appearing from inside the armor.

“Ah, love. Sweet sweet love. Love can make anyone stupid.” the humanoid commented before staring at Geiryst “I wonder what face would you make if I kill her?” Before Geiryst can process what is happening, the sound of someone choking entered his ears as he saw the armored man choking Samantha by the neck with the use of a single hand. Lifting her in the air from the strength of the sadistic monster. Geiryst was about to summon his guns, but nothing happened. He tried and tried but the only sound he can hear is Samantha slowly choking to death as despair finally overtake Geiryst.

“Ah~ Yes. I forgot” the humanoid opened his free hand to reveal the white cube smashed to pieces as Geiryst falls to his knees with his mouth wide open yet no sound would come out. His uneven stare remained on the bloodied floor as he remained frozen, slowly tormented by the sound of someone choking. Someone who he promises to protect from any harm.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING LAWRENCE!” Catalinna shouted with her right fist slamming towards the humanoid’s helmet. The force behind the punch rattled the armor and the humanoid’s hands slipped from Samantha’s neck as Catalinna immediately grabbed her by the waist before jumping back. Once they were far enough, explosions followed. Knocking the humanoid a few meters away before crashing to the floor.

The armored humanoid immediately stood up as the armor around it slowly falls off, revealing Lawrence inside it. The black armor turned into a liquid substance as it returned to his right arm before solidifying into armor once again. Still, the insignia was gone and it looked like a prosthetic arm for Lawrence. He opened his eyes calmly before sighing. There weren’t any injuries in his body but before he can walk, his knees trembled before falling to the ground. Overtaken with fatigue, he closes his eyes to rest as he breathed heavily. His mana cube has no mana left and even his aura and qi reserves are empty. That transformation saved his life but also scarred someone. He felt his emotions unturned, warped into maliciousness. His hidden sadistic nature and the need for others to feel unnecessary pain surfaced once again. He was a monster wearing human skin, he felt unrestricted like the morality and principle of others didn’t matter to him.

Only one thing was in his mind, take revenge and plunge Geiryst into the pit of despair. And seeing what happened, he did exactly like that. Geiryst remained on the ground with his unfocused gaze at the ground while his arms are dangling to the side, not minding the blood that spills. Unending tears and an opened jaw remained fixed on his face. Expressing great shock and sorrow.

Deep down, Lawrence knows that the main cause of all this is the primal sin that is currently sealed on his right arm. A primal sin isn’t a demon or a devil, it’s a concept born in the death of the progenitor of origin. A beast that was born out of nothing yet comprises everything.

According to the myths, the creator killed the beast in one of its travels and created this world. The creator never appeared after that as some thinkers believed that it should be called the destroyer. There are five primal sins that were discovered, which are death, despair, weakness, defiance, and destruction. They are monsters that inherited the spirit of the killed progenitor and are responsible for every living being’s suffering. Each of these discovered primal sins is also named calamity. In the novel, they didn’t appear even once and were only mentioned in the passing. The most recent calamity happened five hundred years ago after the descent of the moon goddess. It was aptly named weakness since it’s a being that is only made of black smoke that can be easily blown by the wind. Still, it ravished the five continents since anyone hit by the smoke is reduced to nothing but an old weak frail body. It didn’t matter what type of magic, aura, or qi was used, it didn’t exclude anyone. The only thing the empires and kingdoms can do is run and avoid the smoke. After passing through the five continents, it went into the unconquered oceans and was never seen again.

The one on Lawrence’s arm is the primal sin despair. He can release it but it wouldn’t do anything and would return to a normal slate tablet. Since no one knows how primal sins work or even the idea of what it is, no one can unseal it and fully use it to its full potential as a weapon of mass destruction. Also, the fact that primal sins cannot be killed and only avoided.

“I felt the power of the origin” A young teen wearing simple clothes appeared out of nowhere. His closed eyes and laid-back demeanor remained the same as Lawrence opened his eyes briefly only to realize who it was.

“Ozial..” Catalinna stopped helping Samantha for a while as she took her guard up against someone that can easily kill them.

“Oh, did that arm gave you a surprise? A piece of advice, what it shows is what you really are. A you that is usually hidden forever. Everyone has a you that never shows the light of day since we always donned a mask. Anyway, about that boy who’s in despair. If you continue to be that weak and rely on powers that can be easily destroyed and taken, your life will be full of difficulties.” Ozial reminded everyone before showing a carefree smile and once again, vanishing into thin air.

“That means..Lawrence. Don’t tell me that was the true you..” Catalinna looked at Lawrence like he was a monster. A shocked yet horrified expression remain on her face while Lawrence who in return merely glanced at her before closing his eyes again as he falls asleep.

With Luke nowhere to be found and with Vania sleeping and seemingly cannot be woken up. Catalinna glanced at the surrounding. Geiryst who attempted to kill Lawrence, Samantha who was nearly choked to death by Lawrence, and finally Lawrence who was either too tired to reply or simply didn’t care. She didn’t know what to do as Samantha inched her way to Geiryst who didn’t react to any of Samantha’s words. As if they don’t reach him. A red line is clear on Samantha’s neck but she still prioritized Geiryst.

Catalinna was about to walk to Lawrence only to be stopped by Samantha handing her a blue potion.

“Take this” Samantha said calmly

“This isn’t poison, right?”

“It isn’t.”

“Well, whatever. He dies he dies. I don’t care anymore” Catalinna blurted before opening the lid and lifting Lawrence’s head from the ground before letting Lawrence drink it. Lawrence coughed a couple of times before slowly opening his eyes. Once noticing this, Catalinna immediately removed her hands as Lawrence’s head immediately falls to the grassy ground.

“Agk…I’m injured you know” Lawrence retorted while caressing his head.

“Oh, it wasn’t poison. Shame but eh”

“You!…nevermind. What do you want?”

“Is that your true nature? That monster?!”

“The short answer. Yes. Now, what do you want to do? I can’t move and I can’t fight back. I’m at your mercy once again.” Lawrence sighed before calmly looking at Catalinna. There was only silence as both of them stared at each other. Catalinna just scoffed before heading back to help Samantha while Lawrence closed his eyes once again to rest and recover some of his mana and aura.

11