Ch 64
227 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

A week has passed ever since Lawrence acquired the mount. At first, riding a stallion was difficult as Lawrence wasn’t used to the movement of the stallion but once he was able to sit properly, it felt like he remembered how. The previous Lawrence’s experiences riding a horse entered his mind as he whipped the handle as the stallion charged forward with speed that nearly pushed Lawrence off. There were no saddles so Lawrence was forced to grip the mane of the stallion, still, he didn’t panic as the air hits his body and the stallion dash was faster than Lawrence even when using the lighten spell. With the speed of the mount, he can finally reach different kingdoms in under a week of travel, unlike before.

He was also submerged continuously in the lake, sometimes even lasting more than a full day. Every time he emerged from the lake, he felt that his mana regeneration is improving ever so slightly. He can also absorb mana to stop his hunger but if he isn’t on a mission, he wouldn’t do it as consuming food is something he considers to be the second great pleasure in life. Power comes first and money comes third.

Without reaching the fourth stage, the mana regeneration and absorption are extremely lacking compared to the amount of effort and pain he has to endure but it cannot be helped. Although he has reached the absolute peak of mage, since he still doesn’t have enough internal aura, he can’t break through to the four-star paragon yet.

He wants to secure at least four or five abilities before breaking through. One of them is the mana absorption physique. The other three are essential if he wanted to fight against the demons, angels, and gods. High-grade regeneration, Monstrous Stamina, and lastly, One with the Spear. If he can, he can also go for Gravity Paradigm but he doesn’t know where to start.

Abilities such as regeneration and stamina might look bland and it is one of the common abilities but Lawrence knows what happens if both are trained to their peak. If he can get high-grade regeneration and monstrous stamina, even if almost half of his body is destroyed, as long as he has stamina, he can regenerate like a slime. He would be near undying. As for one with the spear, it would make his spear attacks hit anything. It would be able to hit even spiritual monsters that normally cannot be killed by physical attacks. It also enhances one of Lawrence’s combos such as demon mark and reckless while partnered by the guaranteed hit from the Gungnir. For the gravity paradigm, it would enhance his control over gravity and lower the mana required to cast gravity spells. If trained further, some gravity spells can be cast without mana.

Stepping out from the lake, Arryn simply dried his clothes with her time magic as Lawrence nodded as thanks. Arryn shrugged since she knows that Lawrence isn’t someone who would do small talks. Lawrence would only ask about missions and what the next training will be, making Arryn bored by his lack of communication. Added by his near lack of emotions and continuous cold expression. He has the same disposition as the previous elf empress, Arryn’s mother who retired from the throne after losing in a sacred duel against the current elf empress and her older sister. Lawrence noticed her grimace but he didn’t think much of it. As long as she wasn’t angered by him, Lawrence didn’t find the need to ask.

“It seems that you are indeed a special type of human. An existence that can wield both the aura and mana. A paragon. Hmm, this might delay the training” Arryn spoke to Lawrence

“Why?”

“Since I wanted you to get the ability Ruler of Gravity. The ability is known only to a few members of the elf continent. It enhances your gravity spell and it reduces almost half of the needed mana to cast a spell. It also hastens your understanding of any gravity-based spells, making mastering spells easier and faster. It also has the ability to turn later into a Law. Anyway, I was planning on using three weeks in hopes that you will awaken it after reaching a four-star mage.” Arryn answered as Lawrence was interested in the ability. Although he doesn’t know what a law is, he knows that mastering spells easier and faster would be very beneficial as most of his spells are either beginner or adept. Which is pitiful compared to other participants in the final eight. He heavily relies on the combo of attacks and the use of surprise in fighting. Since gravity is an extremely rare affinity, almost none of his enemies were prepared by spells such as whirl and removal. Even when dealing with the troll, he used the element of surprise to weaken it before using the spell black hole to overcharge it to the point that the mere shockwave broke a couple of parts of his ribs and spine.

“Since you are a paragon, what stage are you on?” Arryn asked

“3-star Mid-stage paragon with a peak-stage mana heart and mid-stage meridians”

“To get the internal aura, one would need to fight right? The more deadly it is the more internal aura one can get. So why not just fight more? I’m not an expert on this but let’s see if this works” Arryn clicked her fingers as Lawrence found himself surrounded by a circle of the mountain range, encasing the forest that he was in. An unending roar echoed through the thick and dark forest as the mountain range shadows everything. Making a simple clearing in the middle of the forest, the only part where the sun can shine a light.

With no source of light. Lawrence wasn’t sure what to do. He checked the space ring but he didn’t find a single torch or anything that can be used to light the way. Suddenly, a loud thud is heard below Lawrence’s feet before the ground below caves in as Lawrence directly falls into some sort of cave.

He gazed around but only darkness met him, he gazed upwards as the only hole offer some light inside the dreary dark cave. Out of nowhere, something bit Lawrence’s arm as he immediately used removal and whirl to directly punch the thing back into the darkness. A faint whimper escaped from the cave but noticing that it wasn’t dead, Lawrence was forced to summon the clone to cover more ground. The clone was surprised by where he was but he still saw the serious expression on Lawrence’s face as he gripped the black spear tightly and surveyed the darkness.

The thing howled like a wolf as Lawrence gulped. There are only two times why a creature would howl, to tell others that this is their territory or call for backup. Either one would be worse. He looked at his arm to find that there is a small violet gash, pulsing veins, and black bile slowly dripped from the wound.

The clone noticed this and decided to use the spell light weapons before stabbing every weapon in a circle of 5 meters. Providing light to the surroundings and just enough to see the howling thing.

It was a dog-like creature with human black hair running through its body, covering it with hair. It has eyes like a human yet it has canines. Its body is sickly gray like it didn’t have any blood running through its veins. Its stomach was blasted as putrid flesh slowly fell off its body together with its black hair. Instead of blood, a black gas emerged from its wrecked stomach and there weren’t any organs that can be seen. It’s like a hollow being, merely created with flesh and black hair stitched together while powered by some kind of black aura. It was sickening to look but Lawrence didn’t wince at the sight of the creature yet the clone bit his lips to avoid vomiting.

Lawrence doesn’t know what type of creature it was but it’s howling and is directly calling for others. He used the spell attract to pull the creature forward before readying himself and once it was in range, he stabbed forward. Puncturing the creature from the wrecked stomach through the back. Suddenly, it began to expand and expand. Lawrence immediately used the spell repulse at full force before tackling the clone who was standing clueless about what was to happen.

The carcass exploded as it shook the cave as the rocks started falling from the ceiling. The clone easily uses the moonlight beam to destroy any rocks that are too close for comfort while Lawrence immediately stood up. That explosion would surely wake up any monster that lays here.

A slithering noise came from the back as the clone immediately used reflect against the snake-like beast who lunged at Lawrence’s back as it was blown away by the spear art: reflect before the clone pointed his fingers at the wriggling snake-like creature and got hit by a couple of moonlight beam. Killing it and exploding just like the previous creature. The snake-like creature has the same characteristic as the dog-like creature, black hair and flesh merged together with some sort of black aura that explodes upon the death of the creature.

Lawrence is sure that someone or something is controlling it. It cannot be Arryn since elves detest this abomination and anything that has to do with black aura or mana. Also, just because Arryn is in this dimension and the one who put Lawrence into this situation doesn’t mean that she is the one controlling the abominations. Death is also possible since Arryn can just return to time from when he wasn’t dead.

Not knowing what to do, Lawrence decided that it was better to stay here. Since exploring further in deep darkness is extremely lethal. The light weapons provide enough light for him to see five to ten meters away while the sunlight peeking through the hole in the ceiling also provides light.

Then suddenly, when Lawrence is about to put a tent and some warning wards to create a base. A dozen footsteps echoed all around the both of them. Seemingly coming from everywhere. It was twelve abomination dogs and ten abomination snakes. Peering at the light where both Lawrence and the clone stood up.

The dogs started growling while the snakes slithered all around. Seemingly waiting for an opportunity to strike. One of the larger abomination dogs howled to the ceiling as it charged together with a pack of dogs. Reveling their poisoned canines and sharpened claws. Lawrence used removal to take their feet off the ground as every abomination dog tried clawing around to move but they merely floated a couple of inches from the ground. The clone used the spell moonlight beam at the dogs floating as each moonlight beam ripped through their flesh and killed them easily before exploding. Still, it was far enough that only a few clouds of dust hit Lawrence. He looked around to find that the snakes were gone.

Seeing how the snakes reacted, it seems that they are either smart enough to know that they can’t kill Lawrence or someone is controlling them. Lawrence started assembling the tent as the clone decided to guard the area. He summoned a couple of light weapons before sticking them to the ground. Its light can cover more areas and they can anticipate the enemy’s attacks.

After assembling the tent, he handed the clone a couple of wards of warning and wards of protection to put around the tent. Both items are required during camping and traveling since both of these can warn the people sleeping in a tent when there’s an incoming intruder or monsters in the wild. While the ward of protection creates a small mana barrier that can block attacks and slow the monsters from charging through the tent. He bought it together with the majority of items that would help in survival situations and he was sure that he bought some torches when he decided to splurge upon receiving his father’s gold but he might have misplaced it somewhere at the mansion.

Both of them waited for hours and hours yet nothing happened. The clone was bored out of his mind while Lawrence decided to create fire by using a few flammable materials such as a cloth submerged in alcohol before lighting it from the spark of two sharp stones getting slammed together. He was able to create a miniature campfire with a few wooden tools he found on his space ring. With the sun gone, the only source of light is the light weapons that are continuously getting created by the clone and the small campfire near the tent.

It was as if the creatures are waiting, once the sunlight from the sun was fully gone. Thuds and footsteps can be heard all around the small area where both Lawrence and the clone stayed. The clone winced from the sound while Lawrence gritted his teeth. From the thud and the faint trembling of the cave, it was clear that the abomination they will be facing will be a large one. And as if confirming Lawrence’s suspicion, three abomination trolls appeared with each one carrying a large stalactite. Around them are a dozen abomination dogs and abomination snakes.

The clone immediately summoned a dozen light weapons which Lawrence used to control using his right arm before slamming all of them towards the abomination trolls but an array of huge trees appeared and blocked the light weapons before lighting up in fire. The trees immediately turned into flaming vines and quickly extended forward like a whip.

Lawrence simply repulsed the flaming vines while the clone created almost a dozen of moonlight beams before all of them crashed against the abomination trolls. One of them jumped in front of the moonlight beams as it was littered were holes created by the moonlight beams but black tendrils appeared within the wounds before they healed almost immediately.

Lawrence decided that it was best if he was the one who will attack. Summoning the Gungnir, he used the demon mark spear art as every single mark appeared around the spear. He has to take down at least one abomination troll before retreating. Lawrence charged forward only to meet a column of fire before the fog descended around the area. Lawrence jumped back only to feel the hard tree behind his back. Blocking his way. Using his right arm, he changed the direction of the gravity to the right as everything started falling to the side including the trap devised by the trolls. Behind his back is the clone also charging forward with the black spear.

Both of them fall to the side once Lawrence stopped the anti-gravity that he put on himself and to the clone to find the abomination trolls staring upwards, seemingly waiting for them to fall down. The clone created a dozen moonlight beams meanwhile Lawrence pulled back his arm before using both spells removal and whirl into the Gungnir before chucking it below where the creatures are.

4