1
517 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An YunXi was currently before the Emperor, Xiong Huai, kneeling and waiting for the command to rise. An YunXi's long flowing black hair was currently trapped so that the strands would not get in his way. He arrived in the capital not long ago, wearing his general armor and sword at his side. His regiment has returned after a glorious victory against foreign bodies, only to find that there was a rebellion that was waging war against his Emperor.

"Rise General An." The Emperor commanded. An YunXi raised, but did not make eye contact with the Emperor, for being so arrogant could lose his head, even if he was a favorable asset to his highness. The Emperor had the little eunuch by his side take out the document that commanded An YunXi too take down the rebellion. "General An, unfortunately we will have to postpone the banquet of your recent victory, I will be sending you and your regiment too the rebellions center too destroy it. Those who goes against Zhen must parish." The Emperor stated valiantly.

"Yes! All who opposes the holy dragon son must parish."

"You may go." The Emperor started with a sense of satisfaction, the emperor knew that General An was his most loyal servant. General An was a rare subordinate that did not fight for favor from the Emperor, he was loyal so much so that it was almost too the point of blind faith.

With the consent of the Emperor too leave, An YunXi bowed his head in respect and turned too exit the palace. An YunXi could be said to be a person with no understanding of anything but war. His purpose in life was to be a tool for his Emperor. The only remote knowledge that he had that didn't have anything to do with fighting and battle would be music. An YunXi could be considered an idiot. His purpose in life was to be an object while his only pass time was music.

An YunXi did not fear death, nor did he hate living.

He simply lived.

An YunXi had sent a message to his soldiers that they would once again run off too battle, but this time they would be fighting their own country men. Being soldiers under General An, every single one was loyal to their commander. Each having a high amount of respect and understanding towards the man named An YunXi.

~~~~~~

An YunXi sat on his gallant horse, the dark horse that had cold eyes just like An YunXi was a perfect fit for how everyone saw An YunXi. The 25 year old general with no spouse or concubine was often looked at by beautiful women, but hated by young men. The cold general seemed to be something that the women in their country liked. But who wouldn't like An YunXi? He was a powerful man, known to be unrivaled in battle and had a fabulous mind when writing poetry. He was not only powerful, he was also handsome, strong and tall with phoenix eyes. An YunXi with his spear at hand and sword at waist lead his men to take down the rebel army.

When seeing that the enemy he commanded his men to prepare to attack. His soldiers all having been with General An for a long time, had eyes icy yet still having a burning fire of excitement.

"FOR THE EMPEROR!!!" An YunXi roared.

"FOR THE EMPEROR!!!" The soldiers cheered as the all charged too battle. The troops of the other side charged after roaring their own chear.

An YunXi joined in on the war and jumped straight into the battle slaughtering the rebels one by one, impaling them with his glorious spear. An YunXi stayed mounted on his battle horse for hours killing those in the range of thousands in the past few hours. Before and throughout the battle An YunXi's eyes stayed dark and cold causing the opposing side soldiers too tremble when seeing the powerful general.

Once night fell, the two sides had a mutual agreement to call it a night. Both sides retreating to their own camp. An YunXi sat on his wooden stool with his captains too delegate the strategy they were going too implicate.

"General! There is a message from your brother!" a soldier announced.

An YunXi swiftly snagged the letter and opened up the scroll too see what his idiot twin was doing now.

YunXi gege

If you are reading this then I hope it's not too late, Mother has fallen ill and wishes to see you, she demanded for you to return as soon as possible.

- An YongXi

An YunXi gripped the piece of paper in annoyance. He roared for the captains to prepare to win this battle in the next three days and three nights or else.

And so, the battle really did finish within three days and nights. Even though General An had managed to clean up the mess so quickly, he was definitely not happy. You could tell by how his usually unexpressionative face, now had his lips arced downwards and his brows slightly furrowed.

He was upset.

Every soldier in General An's command felt on edge. It was known to them that if his face had an actual expression then that meant that he was expressing some very strong emotions, and having such a small and simple frown meant that he was ready to murder anyone that misspoke on accident.

An YunXi once again kneeled towards the Emperor, his expression being the same small frown.

"General An, You may rise." Xiong Huai stated, noticing the slight expression on the usually expressionless general. "What is bothering Zhen's loyal general?" The Emperor stated, his expression mildly interested.

"My apologies, this servant has received a letter saying that this servant's mother is currently lying on her death bed from a grave illness and is demanding that this son return home at once too part take in filial duties." An YunXi answered sincerely.

"Then Zhen will allow you to leave and fulfill your filial duties." Xiong Huai said looking at his old friend with no expression, but in heart gave his sympathies. Too Xiong Huai, An YunXi could be considered something he greatly cherished due to An YunXi being both a childhood friend and a loyal servant.

An YunXi bowed once more and rushed over to his parent's manor. Being in too much of a rush he didn't even realize that something was not right. An YunXi in his war clothes rushed into his family's house only to find that none of the maids were their. His already furrowed brows began to scrunch up even more. When An Yunxi turned around he was hit harshly in the back of his head causing An YunXi too lose his balance. Staggering a bit, An YunXi grabbed the sword at his waist too defend himself even when he was at a disadvantage. A dark shadow appeared behind An YunXi and once again attacked. An YunXi managed to dodge the incoming attack swiftly swinging his sword too counter his enemy. More shadows appeared to subdue the great General An, until it became an aggressive battle of 5 against 1. An YunXi pushed himself past his haggered limits and continued to defend himself silently. His long elegant sword danced mercilessly, attempting too massacre the opposing side.

In the end An YunXi could not preserve. Collapsing to the ground after battling against numerous shadows.

~~~~~~

Waking up, An YunXi found himself strapped to a chair with his chest bare and his mouth gagged. An YunXi's cold gaze became even colder as he was forced to face such indignity.

The soldier that guarded An YunXi let out a malicious laugh as he looked at the man known as the undefeated general. Ha! Look at you now! Your nothing much!

An YunXi was confined in the dark room switching from being tied to the chair and being strung up by chains. Day in and day out An YunXi was forced to endure treacherous torture. His nails hastily ripped of his fingers and toe nails, his back flogged and whipped, his legs mutilated to the point of no recovery, his eyes sliced too leave him blind, his body covered with cuts and burns, and his stomach starved and deprived of food.

An YunXi's body had long since started to deteriorate, his body no longer having the strong dazzling image, his glossy black hair turned into a crazy bird's nest. An YunXi could no longer see anything, and soon he no longer felt anything as he was shifted from being held up by chains and strapped to a chair. Even in this sorry state An YunXi had never confessed anything useful, infact other then groaning and the occasional gasp, the man hardly said a word. He did not beg or plead for mercy, as if he were made out of stone and felt no pain. An YunXi's body was torchered so bad that his body no longer functioned like a person, he had become a vegetable, and soon there was no point in torturing him for he really could end up dying from a few more strikes. His body could no longer digest food and the only thing he could eat was watery congee or porridge.

"Feng Feng! You never told me this was going to happen!!!" Cried An YongXi. An YunXi did not move his head when hearing the familiar voice.

"Xiao Xi, what do you think would happen? After capturing him we confine him in a big room and dress him in silk robes? Xiao Xi I am only doing what is best to lead my country's people too a better future! And that man stands behind that horrid dictator!" Han Feng argued.

An YunXi knew that the amount of time he had left in this world was very short. With an unknown burst of energy, An YunXi threw himself at the unknown man that he would assume too be Han Feng, his brother's lover. Without any sight An YunXi aimed for the area slightly below where he could hear the puffs of air come from, guessing it too be where the man's neck too be. Rushing too bit a chunk out of the other man's windpipe An YunXi didn't even consider the fact that there was a soldier nearby that would protect Han Feng and stab him (An YunXi) right in the stomach.

With a loud 'thud', An YunXi hit the floor coughing out pools of crimson blood. An YongXi screamed after realizing that his brother was drawing his last few breaths.

"Gege!!!" An YongXi cried as he rushed too collect his older twin brother in his arms. "NO NO NO!!! GEGE!!!!" An YongXi wailed in pain as he held his brother. "This wasn't supposed to happen!!!" An YongXi denied.

"YongXi." An YunXi said with a faint voice with a cold tone. "As a servant of his highness the Emperor, I will never be able to forgive you. And as an elder brother, even though this betrayal is too deep too mend, I do not wish to fight you in our next lives, so I hope I never have too see you again."

An YongXi could not stop the tears from flowing down his face as he heard the words said. He knew what he did went against many things that his brother stood for. Betraying the Emperor and Betraying him. Not only did he did something so traitoris, he had manipulated his brother by using his own mother.

"I know." An YongXi responded after An YunXi had drawn his last breath. "And I'm sorry."

6