Chapter 03
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first time I saw Bruno was a July afternoon.
I was already on my second week off when I went to the movies for the first time.
That afternoon, the sun was bright in the sky, but it was not so hot because the wind was cold.
My mom had taken me to the movies, and my dad would pick me up, thus I had arrived early. I remember it because I almost never get to the cinema early.
I was at the three o'clock session and there was hardly anyone in the room.
I was happy to be there.
The air had a vibe of childhood. And the cinema was silent, but it was friendly silence.
The movie that was playing was “Back To The Future”. I had watched this movie a thousand times before, but it was still good and fun.
When we got to the part where Marty went to the mall to meet Dr. Brown, I saw the shadows.
I saw them before I listened to them. A couple of latecomers arrived, and unfortunately for them, they were not subtle — they dropped packages of food on the floor before turning on the light. A cell phone flashlight — with this act, they became beacons in the middle of the room and became the focus of everyone.
The two poor and inconvenient boys struggled valiantly to find their chairs. And when they finally found it, the discontented looks of each person in that room was the height of their humiliation.
The room was not friendly anymore.
When they are in the chairs, one of they looked around before said:
“Sorry.”
I wanted to laugh. It was horrible, but I could see myself doing the same scene they did, like a badly done painting. Out of respect for them, I did my best to control myself and not laugh at their plight, but clearly the effort was unsuccessful because that boy stared at me for a second.
He was beautiful.
And while Marty was filming Dr. Brown, he gave me a pretty sheepish smile before turning back to the screen.

0