008 Thoughts and family
547 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

008 Thoughts and family

-Rical-

Feeling the round hard outline of the Demonic Heart Bead in my left pants pocket, as I sit in the limo on my way to my new home, has me thinking back to my meeting with Ajuka.

Six days have passed since I was forced into a meeting with Ajuka. I have not heard a word from Ajuka or his servant Fazal since he dropped me off at the hospital. Which is expected as he asked me to call when I am ready. I am positive that Ajuka had some eyes on me at the hospital. I already knew of Dr. Cooper but I did not know if there are any other staff at the hospital that are on his payroll. Thus I made sure that I did not do anything to attract attention during my stay.

I know that he thinks that I did not tell him the whole truth, And I never will. If he ever had to find out about the gamer system. I don't want to think of the consequences, but I know it would not be pretty.

At the end of the day power talks and Ajuka has power in spades. The only reason that the Bael faction has any influence is that the new Satans do not want to start another civil war. If Ajuka and Sirzechs kill all that oppose them, who can stand in their way. These two devils have reached higher than any before them and have only stagnated because there aren't any challenges to continue pushing them. At the higher levels of power, the gap just increases not decreases.

For now, Ajuka's strength is a positive for me, as long as I am useful to his research he will make sure whoever tried to kill does not try again or at least does not succeed. I do not know how long this protection will last so I will have to take any chance I can get to get stronger as fast as possible.

That is not the only positive to making a deal with Ajuka. The second benefit is obviously the Demonic Heart Bead that will increase my body to the same levels as my demonic energy and I will be able to remove the negatives of the bead with my Parasitic flame. Leaving the resources my parents managed to acquire, I will be trading them for resources that will be able to bring my demonic energy to ultimate class before the start of canon.

Reaching the ultimate class in just two years even with the best resources will not be easy, but that is not what I'm really worried about. What I am going to work the most on is my control of both my body and demonic energy which will be hard as they will be growing fast. I don't want to have a lot of power but no control because then any tom dick and harry can defeat me. At least I will be very hard to kill. Riser was able to regenerate his entire head with the power of a high-class Devil.

The Phenex bloodline like most bloodline ability's increases with the power of your demonic power at low class we are able to heal cuts and broken ribs, middle-class we can heal lost libs, at high-class we can heal lost organs and even our heads, and finally, at ultimate-class, we can heal as long as we have at least 10 percent of our body left.

"Are you okay Rical?" I look over to the other side of the limo and I see my mother sitting there in a yellow sundress with a worried expression on her face.

"Yes, I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"You had a look on your face that made it seem like you were worried about something."

"Just thinking about the future and finally being able to become stronger." Not even needing to lie.

"Oh, honey. You have been through a lot. You should take it easy for a while and enjoy yourself."

"You know I can't do that. I have a year and a half to become strong enough that I don't blow up."

"You don't have to worry about that. Not even a little bit." My mother has a large smile on her face.

"What do you mean?"

"Your father and I have already acquired everything you will need to enhance your body in the next year and a half." My mother says smiling

"How?" I ask, confused.

"We don't sell 10 percent of our Phenex tears that we produce, we do this in case another war breaks out so that we have enough. We traded an entire year's worth of phenex tears with deferent's Pantheon to increase your body's strength."

I just sat there shocked that they used 10 years of savings for me.

"You say father helped?" I say skeptically.

"The way your father treated you was not right, but I can understand it."

"Understand what–" My mother raises her hand and continues.

"When you first got sick your father did everything in his power to try and heal you, to make you better but no matter what he did, he failed. He failed to save his own son. Every time he looked at you he was reminded of his failure, his inability to save you. It became easier for him to just avoid you, to close off his heart to you, to act like you don't exist. He saw getting you the things you needed to get strong enough to survive as his second chance."

I simply sit back in my seat just thinking to myself how this changes things. Honestly, Ryder Phenex was on my list of suspects who infected me. But if I really think about it, him having another son would have just increased his influence. Right now my biggest suspect is Zekram Bael or one of his stooges.

The reason I suspect Zekram Bael is the fact that having more male airs makes the family more influential. The son of a pure-blood house that is not the air can marry into another house and become the lord of said house. If Riser had to marry Rias then he would become the head of house Gremory although he won't have as much say as a male Gremory would have had because he will have to share the power with Rias. But it is still a lot more than if a female marries into a house and becomes the lady of the house. The Phenex has three males that could be married to different houses and there just so happens to be three houses needing a male to marry into the family. These houses are Gremory, Sitri, and Agares, Three very powerful houses.

This would have made the Phenex house have influence over 4 of the remaining 32 pure-blood houses and also serve to make us closer to the new satans through Sitri and Gremory. Even if you do not count my second oldest brother who is frankly too old for any of the three girls, you still would have Riser and me that would have to marry two of the three.

My oldest brother, the heir, is in the top 10 in rating games, our second brother runs the media in the underworld, riser would marry into the Gremory and I would have married into another house, probably Sitri or Agares. Zekram could not let that happen. We would have become too politically powerful.

"We have arrived?" My mother says while making her way to the door.

Hmm, I was too focused on my thoughts to even notice the Limo stop.

Getting out of the car I see the same mansion I remember from my memories.

The mansion is so wide that I can't see the ends of it with a front door so large you could comfortably drive two semi-trucks through it. Truly this place is too large to be built through normal means. In front of the doors stands two lines that consist of a hundred maids each.

As we approach all the maids bow and say in unison. "Welcome home young master."

Honestly, it is a nice view.

My mother ushes me forward past the maids. At the entrance i see my brothers and sister waiting for us to arrive, even Riser.

"Rical!" My little sister shouts as she runs up to me and jumps in my arms.

"Hello, Ravel. Have you missed me?" I ask as I put her back on the ground.

"Yes." I hear a sniffle as she rubs her face into my clothes.

"Hello everyone, I'm finally home." I say to my brothers.

"It's good to see you healthy little brother." Says Ruval.

"Welcome home, Rical." says Riker my second oldest brother.

And Riser just clicks his tongue and says. "Father is waiting for you in the study."

I turn to the final person standing by the door Sabastion the head butler.

"Hello, Sabastion. Do you mind teleporting me to my father's study?" I'm not wasting twenty minutes just to walk to the study. Really this house is just too large.

"Hello, young master Rical. And it would be my pleasure."

-SCENE CHANGE-

Sebastian takes me directly to the door to my father's study. And I knock before I enter.

"Come in." Comes from inside of the study.

I open the door to see my father at his desk writing on parchment. He stops when he sees me come in.

"Hello, Rical." He says with a stoic face. Trying to not show any emotions.

"Hello Father, You asked for me?"

"Yes, I did." My father gets up from his desk and takes something from his desk and waves for me to approach and sit in one of the seats in front of his desk.

"Here." he hands me a plain silver ring with a small black stone on the front. I look at him confused.

"It's something very rare here in the underworld. You don't have a lot of control over your demonic energy so you won't be able to teleport things from a volt in the house like everyone else so I got you this ring with all the supplements you will need for your body."

"This is a storage ring?" I say confused as I did not know that was a thing in DXD. Not from old Rical or my old memories. Even that teleporting from a volt is new to me but i guess it makes sense.

"Yes, now take it and go get some rest ill see you at dinner tonight." He dismisses me.

"Thank you." I say as I leave.

Closing his study door I see Sebastian still waiting for me.

" Sebastian, please take me to my room and fetch me dinner time."

-SCENE CHANGE-

Entering my room, I immediately do something I have been dying to do all week.

I activated my gacha.

AN-

This story is AU so if anything different from Canon just go with it.

The next chapter is the first gacha and the beginning of Ricals path too power.

Busy with the second chapter for today. It will be out in a few hours.

14