014 3 months of growth and 2nd Spin
616 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

014 3 months of growth and 2nd Spin

(A/N: Want to read ahead of what I've posted so far? Then, go to my patreòn and get early access to chapters. 

As of this chapter, the patreòn is 2 chapters ahead of chapter 14. And 2 more will be added in the next 24 hrs

[email protected]/purecrow just change the @ to an a )

In a forest to the west of the Phenex home, Angry beast's wails could be heard on and off in the woods every night for the last three months. Another cry escapes a beast on its last breath; two large shadows stand above the beast, watching it die. As the beast dies, the light from the rising sun reaches the tops of the trees.

Seeing the morning horizon, the shadows turn to each other and nod in silent conversation. Then, as if agreeing to something, both slowly begin to melt into the shadows of the forests. 

In a beautiful bedroom decorated in black with gold accents. On a large bed in this room sleeps a young man with a smile on his face as if he had no care in the world. The shadows begin to move closer to the young man in the room and seem to merge with him, slowly seeping into his skin. As soon as the shadows are nowhere in sight, the young man's eyes shoot open to reveal bright blue eyes.

-Rical Phenex-

Feeling the shadows merge back with me wakes me up every morning. I clutch the side of my head as I feel the discomfort of the shadows memories from last night begin to merge with me. The Shadows helped increase my skills and points over the previous three months. It took two months with just one shadow, hunting day and night, to make the 1000 points I thought I needed to roll the Gacha again, only to find out that the Gacha now needed 2000 points to roll again. To say I was pissed would be an understatement. 

I thought I would be able to spin the gacha daily once I could earn enough points, but it seemed that whoever created the Gacha wasn't willing to make it so easy for me. I hope that the points needed for the Gacha only increase by 1000 a spin instead of doubling.

I decided to use the 1000 points to increase the number of shadows I could create to two so that I could increase the production of points and help with my skills. So, as I sit up in my bed and look over my Statues, I can say that I made the right choice.

[Rical Phenex

Points - 2022

Age - 16

Race – Pure-blood Devil

Bloodline - Mutated Phenex

Sin(s)- 

Pride (Minor) 

Lust (Minor) 

Physical Status-

Strength – Low Mid-Class

Endurance – Low Mid-Class

Dexterity – Low Mid-Class

Magical Traits-

Demonic Power – Mid Mid-Class

Demonic Reserves – Low Mid-Class

Demonic Control – High Mid-Class

Abilities-

Parasitic Hell Flame-

Phenex Rebirth/Immortality-

Wind Control-

Shadow Creation- 2 shadows

Skills-

Unarmed Combat Lv 13

Spear wielding Lv 16

Demonic Magic Lv 20

Items-

Demonic Heart Bead

Phenex Storage Ring

Fire Demonic Spear  ]

With two shadows and the increase of my strength, I was able to get the 2000 points needed in only one month. Speaking about my increase in strength. I have grown stronger in the last three months. I reached Mid-Class about a month ago, around the same time I got the new shadow. 

Looking over my Statues, the real change is with my skills. In three months, I have been able to catch up to a peak Mid-class devil in my magic studies. From what I have gathered, my Skill levels have ten levels for each Class. So a Low-Class devil would have skills from 1-10, a Mid-Class would have skills from 11-20, and a High-Class would have skills from 21-30. Of course, this is just the average as some of the devils I have seen will have skills above what they should be for their Class, and the opposite can also be said. One example that comes to mind is Rias Gremory, from what I remember of the novel and what little I saw of the show. Rias Gregory has high or peak High-class power but has skills that frankly don't even match up to a mid-class devil.

Thanks to the Demonic Heart Bead, my Physical Stats haven't fallen behind my Magicals stats. I also decided to use a spear as my primary weapon simply because I liked the idea of a spear more than being just another sword user. Spears being rare also make it harder for my enemies to predict my moves in battle. 

Finally, the last deference to my status was my Sins that started manifesting when I became a Mid-Class devil right now. They are just minor sins for now. However, when I reach High-Class, one or all will evolve to Major sin. Because of this, I haven't begun to indulge in them yet, holding off as long as I can to try and build my willpower so that when I reach High-class, I will not be a slave to my desires. 

Frankly, I was a bit of a wimp in my previous life, and I am trying to change. In this world, if you don't stand up for yourself, you will just be stepped on. Saying all of that, this world is perilous with many people that would kill you just because they can. It's a fine line one must walk until you become powerful enough to do whatever you want.

Andrea seems to have taken me holding off on sex as a direct insult to her sexiness and made it her mission to get me to indulge in my lust. With Andrea spending all day trying to seduce me, it's been tough not to just give in to temptation. I don't think I will last much longer at this rate.

Looking over my status again, I now decide to use my Gacha to see what I will get.

I give the command to the system "Open gacha."

 For the second time since I woke up, a holographic screen with two lines of text appears in my line of vision.

[Points 2022 = 1 spin

Activate Gacha]

As I activate the Gacha, it goes through its paces and chooses a category. The category it landed on is Items. Honestly, this is the category I fear most as I could receive a roll of toilet paper. While that would have been great during the pandemic in my previous life, I would have a fit if I received it now. Imagine I spent two months of my life to get 2000 points only to get a roll of toilet paper. 

The wheel started spinning for the second time, and once it finally stopped, the words world key appeared in the center of the wheel. As I saw the words world key, I let out the breath I did not know I was holding. Now, what is a world key? As I thought that, the description slowly started to come into view.

[World Key

World keys allow the wielder to place the Key into any door and open a portal to the worlds the Key is tied to. Then, simply insert the Key into the door and lock it again to close the Portal. The wielder will be able to add new worlds as he visits them.

Key will return to the wielder when called.

Key can open permanent doors to another world.

Key can close portals the Key has created.

Key can link new worlds.

Current World(s): Highschool of the Dead/ Prototype crossover] 

This World Key is the best thing that could have come out of the Item Gacha other than something like a Devil Fruit with elemental powers.

It would have been better if it were only Highschool of the Dead, as that world would have been perfect for farming points and eventually turn it into a private dimension for the faction I would eventually build. But Prototype will make the world much harder to conquer as there are monsters in that world that could be as strong as a high-class devil, not to mention Alex Mercer and James Heller, who I suspect to be at the Ultimate-Class at their strongest. But this also gives me a chance to acquire a more powerful servant if what I have in mind works. But, of course, a servant with the Black Light Virus abilities turned into a devil would be an absolute monster.

As I continue to think of the possibilities this new world could bring me, I hear the door open, and in walks Andrea with a maid outfit that was a few sizes too small for her. Fuck, this woman is going to be the death of me.

AN:

This story is AU, so go with it if anything different from Canon.

The more power stones I receive, the more I'll be motivated to write.

Have some ideas about my story? Comment on it and let me know.

9