Chapter 1: Transversing
1.1k 6 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A clear blue sky.

A Forest of trees and shrubs can be seen under the blue sky. Wind whistling around the trees. Leaves and twigs sway in the gust of wind, a field of grass fluttering on the edge of the forest.

A girl can be seen laying on the vast green grass with closed eyelids. It can be assumed that the girl is sleeping. A lovely face and white porcelain skin with dark brown straight waist-length hair can be noticed on a closer look. 

She wore a white robe with white laces on the neck of the hood. On a closer look, the white robe doesn't have a single speck of dirt.

The girl suddenly opened her closed eyelids.

Her bright lilac-colored eyes can be found on her face. The girl seemed to be dazed and a second later her upper half body lift abruptly from her laying posture. 

"Wha—Where am I?"

The girl whispered to herself as she gaze at the vast green grass in her vision.

The girl frantically looked around and only saw grass and trees in the surrounding area. But, on the far end of the grass field, she saw what seemed like a railroad. 

That's when she realized her improved eyesight, with a gasp she runs her hands on her face seemingly searching for something.

"My glasses... are missing, and I can see well without it. an-and my face... it's soft and smooth–my pimples i-is gone."

She mumbled flabbergasted at the sudden realization.

Then she saw what she was wearing, a white robe that hide her whole physique with a hood attached to it.

"This is... a robe? I was wearing a hoodie as far as I remember..."

"First, let's try to remember what happened before this whole event... My-my name–Alice, yes just Alice. A 19-year-old orphan and a college student—"

As she was recalling her memories, a sudden continuous ramble rang inside her head startling her. With a painful look on her face, she clutched her head with both hands. Stopping her train of thought in the process.

"!!!!"

With a silent scream, the girl–Alice curled up in pain. A tear formed on the corner of her eyes.

A moment later, Alice slowly stands up with rugged breathing. 

"Huufft-huufftt….t-that h-hurts. What's with the ramble? And that weird information about me?"

She said as she was recalling the information from the unknown ramble.

"Transversing? Higher being? An angel of the demoness pathway… demoness pathway? Sounds familiar, and these sequences and abilities thingy–"

Alice abruptly stopped her self-talk.

"–lord of mysteries."

Alice whispered, stunned at the sudden realization.

A few minutes later the stunned Alice spoke with a hint of nervousness.

"I-it can't be ri-right? I-I mean come on–traversing to a fiction novel? A novel with a world-ending threat and a monocle-wearing freak??"

Alice murmured repeatedly that seems like denying reality.

After several minutes of denying it, she composes herself. Then, Alice checked her robe hoping to confirm something from the information she receives.

Then she undid the laces that tied up her robe. Successfully undid the laces, Alice open her robe–dazed at what she saw.

"..."

Alice–the now dazed girl looking at her white porcelain skin exposed completely. 

"I'm naked…under the robe… huft whatever–it's just me here anyway."

"How come I didn't feel cold—Ah right, I'm an Angel now huh."

Alice said unperturbed as she continues to check her robe. Finally, she saw a hidden pocket inside her robe. Then she picked up the object hidden in it.

A brown medium-sized leather pouch.

Alice opened the pouch and saw a purse, a pocket watch, and a letter.

Then, she took out the letter and read it. 

"Dear Alice,


It's me, your friendly neighborhood higher being.


I wrote this letter to tell you that I, as a generous higher being have fulfilled your deepest wish–that is transported to a novel like a protagonist. So rejoice and be thankful as I pick one of your favorite novels to transport you.


And of course, a gift for your journey is needed and you should already receive it with a little bit of discomfort.


And your identity is already prepared, and FYI, I already received permission from Unknown¹-the higher being there. 


Well, an adventure of thrill and action awaits you! Good luck!


Oh and one more thing. Since your soul crossed my plane of existence, you have a higher chance to nullify corruption and losing control.


               Sincerely, me–a higher being"

"Huh-the fuck did I just read–"

"–arrgh no Alice bad language!"

As she said that, she composed herself again. And yes Alice, that's a truly bad language to use! *Cough* Okay, I need to be professional here–as an esteemed narrator—

Then Alice checked out these so-called gifts, a strength of an Angel, a purse, and a pocket watch.

First, she open the purse and found an identity card, a palm-sized mirror, and several sheets of unknown currencies.

"Let's see the identity card first, hmm name… Alice Deloen, age 18, date, and birthplace… 28th June 1330, Desi Bay. The Fifth Epoch—wait, I can still remember the novel and fandom content well huh."

"But how come I can't remember anything before this, except for my appearance and name of course… huh well whatever."

Alice shrugged as she continues her purse exploration–

"The unknown currency is Loen Kingdom's pound note huh, ten sheets of 1 pound notes. As far as I remember, that's a huge sum for ordinary people, not for a Beyonder tho."

"And let's see my face."

Alice said as she positioned her face in front of the palm-sizes mirror on hand. 

A face with a mix of maturity and childishness that seems lovely and stunningly beautiful no matter where you look at it, two silky smooth wavy dark brown bangs covering her forehead, a pair of pale-lilac with a hint of blue-ish color eyes reflected her child-like innocent. 

"My face looks more beautiful… and nothing changes except that and the glasses of course."

Alice said seemingly stunned by her beauty. 

".... Okay focus!"

Clapp

Alice said as she slapped her cheeks with both hands.

"Okay–let's look at the pocket watch."

Then she proceeds to take the pocket watch–a black-grey pocket watch with unique patterns and a dark gold-colored watch.

"Steampunk-like design and wow it's elegant and seems expensive. Seems pretty ordinary for a gift in this dooming world."

'Maybe there's a hidden function?'

She thought as she examined the seemingly ordinary pocket watch.

Finishing her physical gift, Alice then recalled the name and abilities of an Angel of the Demoness pathway.

"Sequence 2: Demoness of Catastrophe, Calamity Manipulation and sequence 8 to 3 abilities."

"I'm a Catastrophe huh? Calamity Manipulation just wow, I can control various natural disasters. And it's the best gift I guess–cause I don't need to act."

"Coupled with a higher chance to nullify corruption and losing control–as the higher being said, I think I can live freely here–in this clustered world. Of course only till the Apocalypse."

"And I just need to avoid a monocle-wearing freak. Yeay! Great plan me!"

With a squeak, Alice finished her self-monologue. 

Finish with her business, Alice starts to experiment with her various new abilities such as black flame and ice manipulation, thread generation and manipulation, and many more.

The sky soon turned purple with a pale tint of orange.

"Huh, it's going dark soon… I guess I'm too excited playing with my new abilities."

"Now that I think about it, I'm an Angel now-but according to the novel, an Angel needs some kind of anchor to avoid losing control–I guess this is the perk from my transversing like the higher being said."

Musing herself, Alice the Angel with humanity soon realized that 'She' doesn't have a place to sleep and clothes to wear.

"Ah right, I'm still naked under the robe and I don't have a place to sleep."

"I should follow the railroad I saw, and it should take me to a city."

'Invisibility'

'Lightness'

Alice thought as her body starts to turn invisible and her physique becomes light as a feather for a short time

This is Sequence 7 Witch ability and Sequence 9 Assassin ability!

***

A moment later, a gust of wind can be seen along a railway.

This is our lovely Angel running along the railway! 

"Ooh, a crimson moon. I am really inside 'Lord of the Mysteries' novel!"

Alice said with a hint of joy and fear.

"I could've used the mirror traveling method, but I haven't practiced it. I don't want a mishap to happen you know–even if I'm an Angel."

Alice talking to herself. 'She' seemed bored that she started to talk to herself. 

The Gods seem to favor our lovely Angel as a big city can be seen on the horizon.

"Woooah, finally a city I can visit I thought I was gonna die of boredom. Even if it's fun running fast than I can ever imagine."

Then 'She' arrive at the train station.

Looking around the station still invisible, 'She' saw a large sign that says 'Backlund Train Station'.

"This is Backlund–I'm in Backlund the Land of Hope! This is real!"

Alice said with a comical star in her eyes.

The train station is huge with a loen-style structure–and that's because Backlund is the Capital of the Loen Kingdom. The train station is still crowded with people even on this night.

Then, Alice proceeds to take a step outside the train station. A faint yellow haze can be seen in the distance, the pollution seems to be very visible even in the night where the crimson moon shone.

"It's already night and the clothing shop won't be open. Should I just steal–no borrow, yes borrow clothes as this is an emergency."

"But first I need to search for a clothing store. Maybe I should ask a gentleman here, that sounds like a plan–but first I need to cancel my invisible."

Then, Alice quickly search for a secluded area to cancel her invisibility ability. 

In an alleyway, one can see a beautiful-looking girl wearing a white robe without a speck of dirt, one can say the combination looks holy. The beautiful girl then walks away from the alleyway searching for something or someone with her eyes looking around the vicinity. 

Alice–the beautiful girl finally found a kind-looking gentleman dressed in a gray tuxedo and half top hat.

Then Alice with a nervous gait walks up to the gentleman. With a distance of approximately 4 feet away from the gentleman, she stops and spoke to him with a hint of distress and nervousness.

Truly a damsel in distress.

Or we could say Angel in distress in this situation.

"U-um excuse me, sir. May I have a moment, please?"

Alice said to the gentleman walking in front of her.

Then the gentleman stopped walking as he heard the lullaby-like voice. He then turns his head in the direction of the voice calling him, maybe–because as far as he remembers he doesn't have any acquaintance that has a lullaby-like voice.

What he saw in the direction of the voice stunned him for a moment. A dark brown hair, a pair of beautiful pale-lilac eyes, and a white porcelain face–seemingly an ethereal beauty he encounters. 

After a moment of capturing the beauty inside his mind–the gentleman replies the beauty.

"Yes beautiful lady. What seems to be the matter?"

As a Loen gentleman, he surely praises her first.

"A-ah you see, it's my first time here in Backlund. And I was wondering where I could buy clothes and a place to stay."

Alice said with a stutter, it's her second-time speaking with a Loenese after all.

Where did she learn it from you ask? Of course from the information transferring.

At the answer from the girl, the gentleman soon realizes what's the girl was wearing. A white robe–not a priest-like robe. 

"Ah, I see. If you want to buy clothes with a budget below 1 pound, you can go to the Cherwood Borough near Tussock River. And for a room, you can rent it for a 4 soli in East Borough. You can just rent a public carriage to take you there."

"But miss, if you go to East Borough you should be careful with so many tramps and gangs gather there. O-or you can just sleep in my house for the night?"

Said the gentleman with a hint of nervousness at the end.

"T-thank you for the information and kind offer, sir. But I can just hide my face with a hood to avoid attention."

Alice said as she turned her body around and walks away after she heard his reply.

After several minutes of walking, she finally saw a public carriage. With a hasten footstep she calls the carriage driver.

"Excuse me, sir!"

Same as the one from the previous gentleman, the carriage driver seems dazed at her beauty. 

"Sir? Can you take me to an apartment in East Borough? And of course, I'll pay."

Alice said at the stunned carriage driver. 

"A-ah yes of course miss. Yes, I can take you there for 2 pence."

Said the stuttering driver.

"Great!"

With that exclaimed, Alice went inside the carriage. The carriage then proceeds to East Borough.

Looking at the passing scenery, Alice wonders how the population lives in this populated city. You can't even see stars clearly–that's for ordinary people of course.

After several minutes of travel, the carriage stopped at the front of an apartment in East Borough.

Then, Alice went inside the apartment after she paid the driver 1 pound and received 11 solid and 18 pence.

Inside the apartment, she proceeds to rent a single room for 4 soli 3 pence a week.

Alice, already laying in the hard bed inside her room seems exhausted mentally not physically. Angel doesn't have to eat and sleep after all. 

"Hhuuuuuuuhhhh…."

With a long sigh, Alice stretches her arms and legs.

"What a bizarre day."

With that said, our lovely Angel proceeds to sleep.

***

Unknown ¹ : Sequence 0 of the teacher pathway(non-Canon)/ LOTM author 

'She'/'He' : She or He for an Angel and above(God) , should I use 'She' or she for our Angel? 

Thanks for reading, feel free to correct me about the grammar or LOTM information.

-ᄒᴥᄒ-

15