Chapter 3: The White Agate
594 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1st December, 9:30 a.m.

Sonia Sea, with its many small islands belonging to the Loen Kingdom. And its Rorsted Archipelago, the Loen Kingdom's colonized archipelago.

Somewhere, in the vast sea.

The White Agate can be seen sailing through the Sonia Sea.

The White Agate–a steam-powered ship that still retains a sail, with a maximum speed of 16 knots.

In one of its second-class cabins, Alice finished arranging her luggage. Curious about the sea here in this world, Alice quickly decided to take a walk on the deck.

Arrived on the deck, Alice walked along the side of the ship enjoying the scenery amidst the sea breeze. Arriving on one of the deck edges, Alice stop walking and leaned her upper half body forward. 

"Woah–"

Alice is seemingly speechless at the beautiful vast Sonia Sea.

Blue waves gently rose up and down, and silvery-white flying fish occasionally leaped out of the water and soared in the air.

"A flying fish!"

Alice said, cheerfully looking at the flying-white fish that leaped out of the water.

One needs to question whether this is an Angel or a child. 

"Excuse me, Miss."

A male voice suddenly called our childish Angel from behind her.

Turning herself to face the man who called her. Alice saw a middle-aged man wearing a thick dark red coat and white slacks. He was wearing the standard ship-shaped hat of this era.

He has obvious wrinkles at the corner of his eyes, his forehead, and the corner of his mouth.

Alice had heard the attendant introduce the man before, and she knew the man from the novel. He was the captain of the White Agate, Elland Kag.

Elland Kag, an official Beyonder from MI9. He is Sequence 8 Beyonder of the Justiciar Pathway, Sheriff.

"Yes, Sir. Can I help you?"

Alice replied with a smile–although he can't see it with her veil covering her face.

"You should be careful not to fall leaning your body like that, Miss."

Elland said smiling with a hint of caution.

Seeing the wary look on the captain's face, Alice wore a confused look on under the veil.

"I'm alright, sir. Thank you for your kind warning."

Alice replied with another smile.

***

Elland Kag was just doing his usual patrol to ensure his passenger safety until he saw a lady. Leaning on the edge of his ship, her upper half body forward across the railings of the ship. 

To warn the lady to be careful, Elland Kag walked to the lady.

The lady, 165 cm in height with waist-length pale blonde hair. Wearing a black Gothic regal dress and a veil covering her face, exuding an air of mystery.

As the lady replied to his calls with a lullaby-like voice, Elland felt a tinge of abnormalities for a moment before it disappear a second later.

This is the ability of Sequence 8 Sheriff, Intuition!

Trying to hide the cautious look on his face, Elland proceeds to warn the lady with a smile.

Hearing her reply, Elland can't help but feel a shudder throughout his body. Whatever she is, she's a whole lot stronger than him! A whole lot stronger than a SEQUENCE 8 BEYONDER!

'This is bad… who is she? What's her purpose on my ship—no, the Archipelago? I need to monitor her as a member of MI9, while she's on my ship–even if I need to put my life on the line!'

With that thought, Elland was about to start a conversation with the lady. But the lady started the conversation first—as if she knows what he's thinking.

'Damn'

"Say, Sir Elland–if I may call you that. Can you hunt a Murloc here? I heard the cheek beneath the murloc's eye is delicious for eating it raw—and I kind of want to taste it."

Said the lady with a warm lullaby-like voice that soothed his guard down.

"Yes, I can hunt a Murloc. But I need to get some bait and other things to hunt a Murloc—in two days we're going to resupply, and I can gather the needs to hunt. Miss—?"

Elland replied with a relaxed face.

Gone completely the wary look on Elland's face!

This is the ability of Sequence 8 Instigator, Misdirection and Persuasion!

"Ah–how rude am I, you can call me Ophis."

The lady—now Ophis politely introduce herself.

"In two days, me and my crews will try to hunt a Murloc–is it okay Miss. Ophis?"

Elland said seemingly forgetting all of his previous thought about the lady in front of him.

"Of course sir Elland, I'll thank you in advance."

With that said, Ophis open her veil and smile warmly to Elland's surprise.

Mouth hanging open, Elland was fascinated by the beautiful warm smile he received. A hint of blush can be seen on his cheeks.

Elland will do anything to get another smile from her!

This is an Angel of Demoness Pathway Charms!

***

Two days have passed.

Wooo!

The whistle sounded and the White Agate sailed into Damir Harbor.

It would replenish fresh food and water on the colonial island and set sail again the next morning.

After the talk with Captain Elland, Ophi—Alice spent the next two days thinking about the taste of Murloc and leisurely sightseeing the vast sea from various views.

In these two days, Alice had many conversations with Elland about the sea–from its various habitant to its legends about treasures hidden deep in the sea. And Elland seemed completely trust our Angel, even his crew was baffled by his act around Alice.

You have a daughter and a wife already, Elland! What are you doing favoring another woman!

Our Angel...is—

—Truly a Demoness!

And our Angel here seemingly unaware of the consequences of her smile.

Alice, with a black robe covering her whole physique—decided to head to the harbor's bar to look around that very night.

After several minutes of walking, Alice finally arrived at the nearest bar. 

'Flying Fish & Wine'

Alice looked at the signboard and saw the outside of the bar was plastered with bounty notices.

"Jackpot!"

Alice exclaimed excitedly.

"The King of the Five Seas Nast Solomon—800,000 pounds!!! Say whaaatt…"

"Hhhmmm should I?... Nah–it's troublesome, I'll just hunt some pirate captain or one of the pirate admirals."

Alice said as she memorized each and every face of the pirates with bounties above 100 pounds.

Suddenly, a body of a man was thrown from the entrance of the bar. Several shouts and chattering drunkards can be heard inside the bar.

Avoiding the thrown body rather easily, Alice withdrew her gaze from the bounty notices, pushed open the door, and entered the bar.

All the shouts and chattering stopped as she walks into the bar with confidence, straight to the bar counter. 

The customers of the bar, ranging from sailors to pirates in disguise was looking at the sudden entrance of a lady with a black robe and veiled face. Her physique was hidden by the black robe, but her small height and long pale blonde hair stood out like a sore thumb inside the bar—where only brawny men visit.

Sat down on the high stool in front of the bar counter. She tapped the wooden countertop.

"One glass of Southville beer."

Alice said with her lullaby-like voice.

"—6 pence."

A bronze-skinned bartender with pearly-white teeth wiped the cups as he said after several seconds of silence.

'The prices are much higher than Backlund'

With that thought, Alice took out 6 pence from her pocket and gave it to him.

At this moment, the chattering continues with several people keep glancing at Alice. And of course, Alice didn't pay a single mind to these people.

Alice picked up the glass of Southville beer and took a sip while keeping her ears up to gather information about pirates.

Several minutes later, a tall, brawny man sat down next to Alice with his drink.

"Whatcha doin here alone pretty lady? Didn't bring your dogs with ya?"

He tilted his head and smile menacingly.

The brawny man who greeted her had unkempt black hair, brown eyes, and aged facial features. His temperament was rather crude.

"Hunting some bounties I guess."

Alice replied playfully. 

"You hear that BOYS! HUNTING SOME BOUNTIES SHE SAID!"

Bwhahahahaha—

The man said while laughing his ass off.

Bahahaahha—

Whaahahaha—is that a joke

Laughter soon erupts throughout the bar, even the White Agate crew who knew Alice can't help but laugh. Alice with a calm demeanor slowly replies to the crude brawny man.

"Mhmm, is something wrong with that?"

Still laughing, a random person replied to Alice with a laugh.

"Something wrong she said? Just look at you—BWAHAHAHAA"

BAAMM

A muscular man suddenly stood up and hit his table with his musket, silencing the laughter inside the bar. The man was 180cm tall, with strong muscles and an oily face. He had shaved his hair and with a sea eagle tattoo.

"SHUT UP BORRIS! You're making our Damir Harbor lose reputation again YOU FCKIN DOGSH*T!"

With that, he knocked the brawny man in the head with his musket and threw easily him into the open space in the middle of the bar, where he landed on the ground, sprawling. A bunch of murmurs can be heard inside the bar.

Oh shit, it's logan—

Sea Eagle Logan—Admiral Hell's informant

The muscular man—named Logan, sat in the same position as Borris and guffawed.

"Sorry bout that young lady, this is the ignorant fool of our Damir Harbor. They always do things that ruin our reputation."

"In fact, we're all very friendly here. But looking at your physique, some of us can't understand it ya know? But if you have anything you want to ask, don't hesitate to ask me."

"Don't believe what they say bout me.  I have nothing to do with Admiral Hell!"

Hearing the muscular man spouting nonsense, Alice can't help but let out a little chuckle.

"Fufufu… how about the location of any pirate captain you know?"

Alice said after controlling her chuckle.

"——No problem"

Sea Eagle Logan replied, then slammed the bar and said to the bartender.

"Give me a plate of special cured meat. I'll be treating this lady to our most famous delicacy in Damir."

The bartender wore his cold expression, push open the door, and entered the kitchen. Shortly, he brought out a plate of red and wine, finely cut cured meat.

"5 pounds." 

He didn't look at Sea Eagle Logan and instead looked straight at Alice.

"5 pounds." 

Sea Eagle Logan turned his head to the side, smiling warmly as he raised his arm to show his muscle.

"Everyone just heard it. To thank me, you offered to treat me to some special cured meat."

Looking blankly at the funny scene happening in front of her, Alice finally couldn't hold back the laugh she's trying to suppress. With the second urge from the bartender, Alice laugh till she hurt her stomach.

"FuhuufufufufufuwhahAHAHAHAHhahha—ahahhahahahahahaaahahaha—pffftttthaahahaha—stop it–baahahhahAAHHAHAFUFufuuuufuuhghh ouch." 

Silence.

A sudden silence as the lullaby-like laughter halted abruptly. 

"Reading this scene and seeing it in real life sure is different—pfft ooh, please."

Alice said as she's trying to regain her calm demeanor.

"What's so funny!?"

Sea Eagle Logan said with a comical tick on his forehead breaking the silence bar.

"Well, you of course!"

Alice said with her fist landed on Sea Eagle Logan's stomach, bending his body forward and losing his grip on his musket.

With a fast elbow strike right in the back of his head from Alice, Logan falls from his seat with his face slammed to the floor. Alice nimbly left her seat and approached Logan's body with a musket she takes from his hand.

Grabbing his hair and pulling it upwards, Alice shoved the musket's barrel into the man's mouth ready to take the shot.

And that's happened only a matter of seconds!

Looking at the dazed Logan, Alice pulled out the musket's barrel and swung it, striking the man's crotch with the butt of the musket.

Soon his pant was stained with blood.

Faced with such a heavy blow and pain from his crotch, his eyes rolled back, and he fainted.

"He'll pay the bills and damage, Mr. Bartender."

She said with her finger pointing at the fainted man.

Released her hand from Logan's hair and allowed the body to fall to the ground. Then she took the cured meat from the counter and walked out of the bar while eating the cured meat, leaving the silence bar.

Outside the bar, our Angel was strolling towards the White Agate before the morning comes. 

"A rather unique taste, but I don't think I like it—too unique for my taste I guess."

Alice said as she throws the empty plate and fork to the side.

"I haven't had a good laugh for a long time now, I should've said thank you to everyone at the bar…huuftt "

With a sigh, Alice leisurely walked to the deck of the ship while enjoying the sea breeze. Not knowing the ruckus she causes about hunting some bounties—will be heard by many pirates.

Arrived at her cabin, Alice changed her clothes to a white nightgown.

"I can't wait to taste a Murloc."

She said as she slowly falls asleep.

***

Pathway Levels strength: Sequence 0> Sequence 1> Sequence 2> Sequence 3> Sequence 4> Sequence 5> Sequence 6> Sequence 7> Sequence 8> Sequence 9.

Thank you for reading 

-ᄒᴥᄒ-

16