Chapter 9: Goodbye
412 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Following the man ahead of her, Alice was led by the man through the dark living room into the activity room on the first floor.

Inside the dimly-lit room with a burned candle on the coffee table, a group of people wearing hooded robes and iron masks was sitting on the sofas and chairs around the coffee table.

The gathering was already started as the people traded with each other, while most of them received silence, others were lucky enough to succeed on the trade.

While the man leading Alice quickly joins the group of Beyonders, Alice quietly sits on an empty chair in the corner of the room.

Soon after, she heard a woman's voice.

"I want to sell an item." Said the hooded robe.

Looking intently at the source of the voice, Alice saw a well-crafted cane.

"Named magician's cane, a defensive type item. It can transfer the damage the wielder receives to its own body. Though it would break over time, it also can guide the wielder to the desired destination. It could last roughly two years."

The hooded robe said with her volume fluctuating, attempting to conceal her voice's trait.

"560 pounds or the Sequence 8 potion, Barbarian, and it would be yours."

'Barbarian? From the Black Emperor Pathway, I reckon…while I do know the formula—I could also afford with pounds.' 

Alice thoughts while she pondering to buy it or not, as the weapon's abilities are roughly in sequence 8 bordering sequence 9, it could be a one-time use with all of her soon-to-be enemies' strength is equal and above her own. 

While Alice was thinking deeply, heated bargains filled the room. With each member of the gathering, proposed prices, and the presumed woman rejecting the prices, a stern and antique voice silencing the room.

"560 pounds. I would like to buy it."

"Ye—"

"570 pounds."

Just before the deal was sealed, Alice quickly said. And all of the people's gaze fell on her—the new person who joined in the middle of the gathering.

"—This...um.."

At the sudden interference, the hooded robe women glance awkwardly between the Alice and the organizer of the gathering. 

"Hm, 590 pounds."

The organizer said with a calm yet amused voice, while the seller secretly composed herself.

"610 pounds."

Alice said, finalized the deal as the competitor gave up with a nod.

'No need to overthink things! Let's just hoard them all, cause finally, I can use my hard-earned money.' Thought Alice as she handed the pounds to the attendant who approach her.

The servant quickly gave the money to the organizer—an elder-looking gentleman with obvious deep line cheeks beneath the half iron masks. 

After confirming the 610 pounds in the suitcase, the organizer pass it to the hooded robe woman with the help of the attendant. 

The hooded robe woman took a glance at the suitcase and said, 

"I believe in Mr. Eye of Wisdom."

Receiving a nod from the organizer—Mr. Eye of Wisdom, she handed the Magician's cane to the attendant. Handing the cane to Alice, the attendant returned to his previous position, and the trading continues.

***

"I want to sell two items."

Alice said after several transactions finished, she quickly took out two beyonder items and reveal them.

"The first one is a bracelet that will give the wearer an ability to breathe underwater while amplifying the wearer's movement. 400 pounds or an item with purifying ability."

Looking around the silent room, Alice continued her next Item. 

After enlisting her items, she looks around the room. Although she was not expecting anything for today's gathering, she didn't mind if any of the beyonders have the item she wants.

Confirmed that her items won't sell, Alice took a sit down and listened to the next offer.

As you can see, this chapter was short, with only 600 words... I write this bit by bit for 2 weeks now, and my brain won't produce ideas. 

Everything had its end, especially for spontaneous things(like this ff for example). I'm sorry for those who love this or those who hate this fanfic. My deepest apology to my readers.

And wow, I got my first three-star rating! And, for the last time—(for this ff okay? I want to make a plotted story) 

—thank you for reading.

-ᄒᴥᄒ-

7