Chapter 5
85 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I think about the times I spent with Master Theo often.

He is a genius, and I knew that from the moment I read his book… But, what I did not understand at the time is the reason why isn’t he acknowledged by other mages. Before I met him, the only mage I properly talked with was Aunt Mary. So I didn’t have the image of an average mage yet. It became clearer now… Currently, the rates at which children with mana are being born, are rising. Contrary to that, the research on magic is very slow. Why? The answer is simple — time. With time people tend to forget how hard it was before. They use spells by remembering the place, shape and other things you need in order to cast a spell… Do they know how hard it was to create it? All they say is “If you make a mistake you might die!” or something similar… Hell! Do they even know who created those spells!? I don’t think I saw any names when I learned them! 

.

.

Wasn’t it the same on my old Earth? I never knew how TV worked, or who created it after all… So can I blame them?

.

.

With time people grew in population… And the more people there are, the more conflicts occur… What people need now are not scholars, but battlemages. More than 80% of all mages are battlemages… And that is only because most battlemages after retiring become teachers or scholars…  Wasn’t Master Theo the same?

.

Anyway… Only those who are similar to him can acknowledge his work.

.

I other words… Geniuses… Just like me.

.

.

.

I’m not praising myself, just stating a fact.

.

.

.

.

A month passed quickly. 

It is always like that when I try to train and study all day without having fun… Well… Spending time with Master is quite fun in itself… But, it’s not the same kind of fun I had with Naty and Lance…

.

.

I wonder when Naty will come?

.

She doesn’t have a last name, so she should come to the Entrance Exam.

.

.

What date is it? 

.

.

.

It’s tomorrow?! I need to prepare properly then!

.

What do I need… Let’s see… Definitely need documents… And a good outfit… 

.

.

.

And that’s all?

.

.

Honestly, I don’t know why am I so nervous… Even master says that with the rate I’m progressing I could graduate in a year. So enrolling should pose no problem at all.

.

Then I’ll just relax for today…

.

.

.

It’s time. 

.

.

I came to the entrance of the Magic University. There were a lot of people. And someone is speaking loudly from the big podium, probably explaining about the Exam… I already know all that stuff, so let’s look at my future classmates…

.

.

It seems that most of them are just like me, low on mana. With some practice before, I managed to understand how much mana a person should have for each rank. So I can tell that most kids here have at most C-ranked capacity.

.

But… There are a few who stand out…Some have even more mana than teachers standing nearby… Speaking of teachers, they stand behind the speaker in a black suit, every one of them has a coloured suit. Hmm… If I remember correctly, then suits and uniforms have some meaning to them… Ah right! Each colour represents your affinity. And if you have a black lining on it, you are a commoner. Nobles have a red lining. The directors and vice-directors have either full black or full red suits, depending on if they are overseeing the commoner part or the noble part of the University. And also there is a white uniform, with a lining of your colour. Those wear the members of the Student Council. They don’t care if you are a noble or a commoner, all they care about is your strength and marks… But… I don’t think nobles would treat a commoner as an equal…

“... So… I will now start to call people to the podium. So I’ll ask the adults to separate from their children.”

Oh, it’s starting.

.

.

I’m glad he added that last part. It would take too much time to go through so many people.

“Arthur, 12th of December 812” 

Yeah, that makes sense, commoners don’t have last names, so to get the right person you need to call out their date of birth too…

.

1th of September 822… That is today’s date… There is no Christianity in this world, so the numbering has a different start… I think it was some sort of Calamity that killed a lot of people… I might read about it later.

“Naty, 16th of March 812”

Naty! That’s her!

.

I would want to call out to her, but that is a bad idea… 

.

.

Now that I look around, quite a few people were already checked… Oh, and I can see Mary and Natan.

.

.

Dad isn’t here…

.

Suddenly, there was a bright flash of light that blinded almost everyone on the perimeter.

“It’s..! S rank with a Light affinity!”

S rank!?

.

.

I thought it was an A rank… I need to practise more…

.

But, isn’t she great?

.

.

.

“Mixen 31th of June 812”

Finally!

.

.

I quickly went on to the podium and placed my hand on the Magic Sphere.

.

.

A dim yellow light came out…

“D rank with a Wind affinity.”

.

.

Well… I knew that already, so…

I headed to Wind group.

.

.

Naty is quite far from here, I can’t see her through so many people… She probably is quite disappointed in my rank… 

.

.

But we’ll talk about it after the end of the Exam.

.

.

.

There were 2 other S ranks apart from Naty and a few A ranks. But it finally ended.

“Now that we’re done with sorting… You will need to follow your assigned teachers to proceed with the Exam… I wish you all Good Luck.”

After he said that, teachers one by one started moving.

Our teacher is a grumpy old man with a long silver beard.

.

.

If compared to him, Master will look like a youngster…

.

Without a word, he started moving, we followed.

.

.

.

He led us all to a big classroom with many desks.

“Sit”

.

.

Are we dogs?

Why are you giving us commands?

Nevertheless, there were no complaints, and everyone sat down.

.

Then he used some sort of spell to give each of us a paper and a pen for our written Exam.

.

.

This precision and control… And how on Earth can he change the movement of the spell when it has already been cast?

.

.

I’ll ask Master some other time…

“Start”

Then let’s see…

.

.

.

It was easy…

I think I got everything right. But there was a lot of questions, so I was the last one to hand over my sheet.

.

.

I think some are looking at me with an annoyed look.

.

I’ll ignore them.

“Follow me.”

As the teacher said that, he lead us outside to what looked like a training field.

.

.

Or more of a shooting range, I guess…

.

It even has a stone dummy at the end.

“Make a line and yell out your and spell names when casting it. Those who can not cast a spell go behind me.”

Some students then went to his back.

.

.

Quite a few actually… Almost half of us…

.

We quickly made a line.

.

.

.

My turn is soon. 

At first, I wanted to go all out and cast a third circle spell, but… There were only a few people who cast a second circle spell, and those were S-ranked students and a couple of A-ranked ones. So… If a D rank cast a third circle spell, what would happen? I would probably get a lot of attention… Too much attention… And I don’t like attention… Moreover, some might start digging up my past… Father doesn’t want my identity to be leaked, so I can’t let that happen.

.

.

“Next.”

.

.

I’ll just cast a simple first circle spell.

“Mixen 31th of June 812. Wind Cut!”

As I yelled that I cast a sluggish spell.

*Shiek*

Does anyone have a better word for the sound of wind splitting? 

.

.

There appeared a small cut on the dummy, near it was a bit dent from the spell that the S-ranked student produced.

“Next.”

.

.

Every kid before me just left after casting a spell… I’ll do the same.

.

.

Let’s find Naty.

.

.

.

I can’t seem to find her… But I did find her parents. 

.

I’ll go and say hi.

.

.

“Hey, Mary, long time no see! Where is Naty?”

We still had a bit of distance between us, but I yelled a bit anyway.

“... Who might you be?”

I stopped.

.

Do they not remember me? No… They probably just don’t recognize me! I do indeed look a lot different. I grew a few inches, wear a proper outfit and not some rags for training, I also got a new haircut… 

.

Even though I call it a haircut, it’s just that my hair was too long so I put it together with a hairband…

“It’s me, Mixen! I was looking for Naty but instead found you, so I thought… Ah…”

I remembered…

As I got quiet Mary started approaching aggressively.

“I don’t know who you are, or how you know my name! But, if you have impure intentions..! I Swear to God, I will not…”

“Honey, stop.”

Natan placed his hand on her shoulder.

“Why!? The Exam just ended! So how can he know my name already!? He can’t be a regul…”

“Long time no see Darling.”

“D-Darling?!”

I bowed that instant.

“I’m sorry! I was keeping my name a secret so that Father wouldn’t find out about it! And after… I just forgot!”

I looked up.

Natan had a warm smile. While Mary still had a frown.

“I see… So you lied back then…”

“I’m very sorry Aunty… I got so used to my nickname that I forgot to tell you my real name…”

“It isn’t that big of a deal. Mary just didn’t recognize you in this attire. Right, Mary?”

Natan shook Mary a little.

She then suddenly smiled.

“I’m sorry for screaming at you D-... Mixen… You just looked too handsome to me.”

“Hehe. Thanks, Aunty…”

“Darling, I have something to ask of you.”

She suddenly had a serious expression.

“Naty really hates lies. So please, try not to lie to her. Okay?”

“O-Okay! I’ll keep that in mind.”

.

.

I don’t think I can do that though?

I can’t even promise that to my Master.

“I’m glad. So… Is your Father somewhere nearby?”

“Ah… Now, that you reminded me…”

Let’s check…

.

.

.

“Yes, he is!”

The moment I said that…

“How did you sense me?”

“Hehe… I have my ways to find Father.”

As I said that I went for a hug.

“Guh… I-I saw you performing at the last part of the Exam. You did good, but we’ll talk about it later.”

It seems that even the guards couldn’t find Father.

.

.

I really need that skill.

“Papa! Can you teach me how to do that?”

He visibly became red.

“D-Don’t… We’ll talk about it later… Now.”

He gently put me down and looked at Aunty and Uncle.

“You must be Mary and Natan…”

“Y-Yes?”

Father lightly bowed his head.

“I am thankful that you took care of my son. My name is Michael.”

“M-Michael, you say?”

They look… scared? No… confused?

“You don’t need to worry Aunty! Although Father looks a bit scary… He is actually very kind!”

“S-Stop s-saying those things.”

With this, their expression loosened up a bit.

“*Cough* I-It’s a pleasure to finally meet you… Mixen used to tell a lot about you…”

I-I did… But he doesn’t need to know that!

“He did?”

“Mom, Dad!”

Oh. Naty finally came out!

“Naty! Are you okay? Did anyone approach you?”

Naty hugged her parents.

“Well… Yes, but… Who are they?”

.

.

.

Ouch, that hurt.

“*Siiigh* I understand that Aunty didn’t recognize me. But… You too, Naty?”

“D-Darling?!”

As she said that she leapt to hug me.

.

I could evade it, but that would be rude. So I gently caught her.

“Hi, Naty.”

“And this is…?”

*Cough*

Aunty Mary just coughed and looked at me weirdly.

.

.

I get it.

“B-Before that… Naty… About my name…”

Her smile became even wider suddenly.

.

Why is she so excited?

“The first time I introduced, I used a nickname so that Father wouldn’t find out I sneaked out… My real name is Mixen! Sorry for not telling you sooner…”

She suddenly hung her head and looked down.

.

.

Did I say something wrong?

.

.

Ah! It’s probably that!

“Naty… I know that you must be disappointed. I indeed don’t possess much talent… But! Even with a D-ranked mana amount, I will do my best!”

“What are you talking about?”

She looks confused and… still seems to be under the weather.

“D rank!? Mix! Did you drink an elixir?!”

Father suddenly started yelling.

“You know what happened the previous time you had one!”

Father is worrying as always.

“Father. You don’t have to worry, I did it under supervision.”

“Ah, I see.”

He relaxed and nodded understandingly.

.

.

You won’t even ask who was it?

.

.

“Mixen… 31th of June… D rank… Weren’t you… Named at the Entrance Exam?”

Ah, I forgot that I haven’t really told them that yet!

.

.

Natan seems to have a good memory.

“Yes! I got too excited so I forgot! I also will be attending the Magic University with Naty.”

“Really!?”

Naty is smiling again.

.

I’m glad… She looks much cuter when she smiles.

“Yes. But, unfortunately, we aren’t in the same group… But we still can see each other in the dormitory or the cafeteria!”

“I’m sorry to interrupt. But… Naty, we need to take your luggage to the dorms.”

“And I also need to have a talk with Mix.”

Both our dads suddenly decided to step in.

“O-Okay…”

She lost her smile again…

“Don’t worry Naty! I already am living in the dorms so I will find you soon after!”

“Huh? How can you already live there if today was the Entrance Exam?”

Oops.

.

.

My tongue is my greatest enemy…

“Mmm… I had some circumstances, but I need to go, bye!”

Bribing is a crime after all…

I quickly took Father by the hand and lead him away.

.

Soon after he said that I follow him.

.

.

.

We left the city.

“Father, where are we going?”

“Didn’t you want to learn my Stealth Technique?”

I did!

“Yes!”

.

.

.

After a few minutes of running in the forest, he stopped.

“Here should do… But, before that… Answer me this. You can use second circle spells, so why didn’t you use it back then.”

I hoped he wouldn’t ask me that…

“I… I thought if I catch too much attention, Father would be endangered…”

He crossed his arms.

“I can take care of myself. So stop doing that.”

I shook my head a couple of times.

“Can’t do that!”

.

.

.

“You… Guh… Just do what you want.”

“Yes!”

“Now. Let me teach you the basics of Susen’s Stealth Technique. It isn’t really suited for people with my constitution, so it should be easier for you… I learned it myself only to teach it to you one day, as it is the only thing your mother left to you. So learn it well…”

Father’s expression looked grim when he said the last parts.

.

.

Is Susen - the name of my mother?

“Look carefully.”

Father picked up a stick from the ground and pushed it back into it.

.

Then… He stood on the stick… On one leg… It doesn’t even budge…

.

.

From what does that stick made of!?

.

.

Is that the branch of the World Tree?!

“The basics of this Technique are all about properly managing the weight and balance of your body. You won’t be able to do this soon. So start with rocks. Stand on them while keeping your balance. Make them smaller as you progress. Then do it on one leg. After you can freely stand on a pebble, start using branches of trees.”

.

.

.

Is that even possible?

.

That wouldn’t be possible in my previous world.

.

I don’t think physics work any different in this world… So… How…

“Oh, right. What I did is just an imitation of the actual technique with the use of Aura… You on the other hand… You have her blood flowing through you… I have no idea how to use it, but she said she first felt it herself when doing this training.”

Blood?

.

.

Like a Blood Technique?

.

No, wait… Master has the same thing, but with his eyes! I should ask him about it in detail…

.

.

But I also heard something I was interested in since a long time ago…

“Father.”

“Yes.”

“Can you tell me more about that Aura you mentioned?”

.

.

.

“I was sure you’d ask something different… But, sure… Aura, or Sword Aura, some people think it’s a gift from God for your effort, and that if you train hard enough you can awaken it… That is not true… The actual way to awaken it is through… experiencing a strong emotion…”

Emotion?

.

.

Like love or hate?

“It can be any emotion… But, you shouldn’t force it. You have a long way to go in swordsmanship. It’s early for you to think about Aura.”

It seems that Father doesn’t want to talk about it, so I won’t push it.

“You can start your training, but I need to go.”

“Already!?”

“Yes. I will be back in a month… And I’ll try to stay longer then…”

.

.

I don’t really have a say in this.

.

.

“Promise?”

“Yes. I promise.”

I came closer to hug him.

“Be safe…”

.

.

“You too.”

Just like that, he left again…

And I started my new training.

.

.

.

Ah… I forgot to ask about that acquaintance.

.

.

.

It’s already evening, so I should head back.

.

.

.

Oh, right, I should visit Naty!

With my “hood” it won’t pose any problem. 

.

.

But I need to find her first.

.

.

.

Last room on the second floor…

It seems that she also has a one-person room.

.

.

That’s really convenient actually, I won’t have to deal with any roommates and just go into the room.

.

.

She didn’t lock the window, great!

I can easily climb there… After all, do I do that hellish training for nothing?

.

.

.

I slowly opened her window… I can see that Naty is reading a book, so she didn’t notice it.

I’ll quietly call out to her.

“Naty”

“AACK…”

I placed my hand on her mouth to silence her.

.

.

That was a mistake on my side, sorry.

Then I took off my hood.

“Shhhh, it’s me.”

“D-Dar… I mean… Mixen!”

“You can still call me Darling if you want… But not in public please.”

*Thump*

.

.

Ouch.

She just karate-chopped me…

.

Why am I always getting struck on the head?

“I-Idiot! You scared me to death!”

“Shhh, sorry, sorry. But, don’t scream… I don’t want to be expelled before my first day.”

Boys can’t go into the girls’ dormitory after all.

“Right… Anyway, why are you here?”

“Didn’t I tell you that I will find you?”

“Um… Yeah, you did… But you didn’t say you’d do it like that!”

“Shh, I already apologized, so keep your tone down.”

.

.

.

She became very red and quiet all of a sudden.

“B-But… W-What did you want to do a-at this hour?”

That’s a weird way to phrase it.

“I wanted to ask you about how your Exam went.”

“Ah… It… went okay, I guess?”

Why is she sulky?

“Did something happen?”

“Well… Mother said that I have had a big mana capacity a lot in the past, so I wasn’t surprised, but…Others reacted in a big way… I also got a lot of strange gazes… And my people in my group started introducing to me one by one…”

That isn’t strange. Who wouldn’t want to be friends with a person that will surely become someone big in the future?

“Mother warned me that I should ignore people like that, and just proceed with the Exam… The written part was the hardest for me, There were so many questions, and all of them were pretty hard so I managed to answer only about half of them…”

Half? There was indeed many of them, but… I thought they were easy…

“And I managed to cast a second circle spell on the third part of the Exam! So I’m sure They will let me pass.”

They would let you pass even after the first part though…

“And… Darling how about you? How did it go on your side?”

.

.

Should I tell her the truth?

.

It’s too bothersome to answer all questions that she’ll start asking after.

“It was okay… I’m sure I got some of the questions on the written part right. And all I could cast was a first circle spell… But I’m sure I’ll get in.”

.

.

Why does she have this expression?

.

As if she’s looking at an ant that she wants to squash…

“Say, Darling.”

“Y-Yea?”

“Was the Exam hard or easy for you?”

What kind of question is this?

Couldn’t you understand that from my previous answer?

“I-I would say it was moderately-hard.”

“Moderately?”

What’s with this pressure?

Are you interrogating me or something?

“Y-Yes?”

.

.

.

“*Sigh* I heard you already took some elixirs, why not drink D-ranked one.”

She’s back to her usual self. 

That’s good.

.

.

She resembles Aunt Mary in many ways.

“I want to, but… I was warned not to use without a proper healer beside me…”

“What? Why?”

What should I tell her?

.

.

“Well, you see… Due to some reason, I can absorb almost all of the mana from an elixir… But it’s very painful and I can die in the process…”

“That’s… I see… You said you already drank some elixirs before… Was it painful?”

“Very, so I can’t carelessly drink an elixir.”

Although I am the one that creates that risk… 

.

I can’t just miss a once in a lifetime opportunity…

“How many did you drink?”

She has a sad face…

.

.

No need to worry, I didn’t die after all.

“Just two. E-ranked and F-ranked elixirs.”

“Wait… How much mana did you have at birth?”

“I had… Very little mana…”

“Very little?”

“... Some might say I had none at all…”

She then looked at me with a deep frown…

.

.

Am I frowning too?

“But… Weren’t you born with a great gift!? You can even get an S-ranked capacity! Isn’t that great?!”

.

.

Born huh?

If only I was so lucky…

I got that gift with my own effort.

“Yea… It’s great… I was born real lucky…”

.

.

.

Is she…? Tearing up?

Why?

.

Ah… I didn’t manage my expression…

I probably looked awful…

.

.

I need to fix this.

I quickly smiled.

“I re~ally want to drink a D-ranked elixir soon. So… Naty! Become my healer!”

She became confused.

.

.

But also stopped crying.

“Huh?”

“I know that you are a bit weak for that right now, but… You will become much stronger than me in the future! But… Don’t slack off! I don’t want to wait for too long!”

She lightly smiled.

.

Finally.

“I’ll try my best!”

“Great!”

.

.

Hmm now that I think about it…

.

Isn’t Aunt Mary a healer too?

“Naty, say. Where is Aunty right now?”

“She left with Father for the capital.”

“What?! She left already!?”

“They said that they are worried about Lance… They also said that Lance is all alone there… But I can count on you with your Father if I’ll need something.”

Well…

I certainly won’t say no but…

“Mmm… About that… You see… Father has left too…”

“What?!”

Oh, don’t react like that. I lived alone for two months! Nothing bad happened.

“You don’t have to worry! I already lived here for two months by myself! Even without Father, I’ll take care of you!”

That sounded a bit…

.

.

I can understand why she is red right now.

“Y-You will take care of me…? *Cough* You said you live here already that time too… But how if today was the first day you could…”

I need to change topics!

I can’t confess to a crime!

“Naty! Are you busy this weekend?”

“Huh? No. Why?”

“How about I will make you a tour of the city?”

“J-Just, Y-You and m-me?”

Yes! It worked!

“Yes. I think you’ll need to become familiar with the city.”

What the hell?

I think I can see steam coming out of her.

“I-Is it… L-Like a d-date?”

She said it in a very low tone.

.

.

But I guess it is kind of similar.

“Well, you could say that. But it’s more of a way to kill time together. Like in the good old times. Remember?”

.

.

“It was very boring without you for these past two months…”

“Wasn’t like that for me. I spent so much time training that time flew by quickly.”

Although weekends were a bit slow… Master said that I need to relax for two days a week, or I’ll become an idiot.

.

.

I don’t really understand why though.

*Thump*

“Ouch! What did I do!?”

“Y-You are…! An Idiot!”

Don’t hit me just because of that!

.

.

.

Did I say something wrong?

.

.

.

A few days passed. Today is the first day of school.

We were given our uniforms yesterday. All of our lessons are being held in one class, so I don’t need to bother with searching for the right room every time.

.

.

*Riiiing*

As the bell rang teacher entered the classroom. The same grumpy old man who led the Exam.

He wrote on board “Henry Moris”. I guess that’s his name.

With that, he proceeded to explain basic rules and our schedule.

.

.

But I already know that all. I did my research after all. So let’s look at my classmates.

.

.

.

There are far fewer than what I remember on the Entrance Exam. There was more than a hundred then. And now it’s about forty.

.

I sit in the last row opposite the window…

.

Would you look at that? Another protagonist wannabe. Our S-ranked genius is sitting in the last row near the window while looking all mysterious. 

.

.

I’m not jealous or anything…

.

.

Hey! Are you serious?! Why am I the only D ranked here!? Everyone else is at least C rank! 

.

It can’t be that I am the weakest here… Right?

.

.

“... You, start.”

Ah, it seems that people are starting to introduce themselves.

“Mark. A-ranked storage. My only hobby is spending time with my friends. And I’m trying to become an excellent battlemage!”

For some reason, some students started clapping.

.

.

Ah… I know him… He is quite popular among shady people. He is a son of a wealthy merchant. But… His father never paid any attention to him. All he did was send money… A lot of money. And, well… He is quite stupid. All his friends and so-called connections are just leaches. They want nothing but his money. He is also easily scammed… Nevertheless, he is not a bad person. He truly wants to become someone big… To impress his father, I’m guessing… And I get that feeling…

.

.

Poor guy…

.

.

Anyway… It looks like he has quite a few “underlings”. And all of them are ready to do anything to gain his favour.

.

.

“Johny. A-ranked storage. Don’t stick your nose into my business. I will become a stronger battlemage than you all so don’t get in my way.”

Yup. Speaks like a thug and looks like one too.

He is probably second best in the rankings of our class right now.

And he has a lot of actual underlings under him.

.

.

I think I saw him somewhere… Yeah! He is the son of one of this city’s gang bosses. 

.

Like father like son huh?

.

.

I probably need to keep my distance from him.

.

.

My turn.

“Mixen. D-ranked storage. Currently searching for a future career.”

“Pfft. Good luck with that!”

Some then started laughing. It was Johny who said that who else could.

.

.

I’ll just ignore them.

.

.

Oh, it’s the turn of our prodigy. Let’s hear it.

“Leon. S-ranked storage.”

Just like that, he sat down.

.

.

I think all girls are looking at him with hearts in their eyes.

.

.

.

After that, we had 7 hours of regular lectures.

.

It was boring as hell. Not only did I knew the information they presented, I think I could do it better. I am a disciple of Theodore Miler after all!

.

.

Speaking of him… It’s time for me to have proper Magic lessons. 

“Mixen.”

Our classroom teacher Henry called out to me.

“Someone is searching for you. She is waiting in the classroom.”

Classes already ended so I was on my way to the exit. 

.

.

Who might that be?

.

Ah, how can I be so dumb? It’s obviously Naty.

I quickly ran to the classroom.

.

.

.

As I opened the door I saw a girl… With silver hair? And a white uniform with a blue lining?

That is definitely not Naty. She is clearly older, I think about 14? 

.

.

Wait… Part of the Student Council… Silver hair… I know who she is. Melissa Rockhard — right hand of the current head of the Council, and also his little sister… Well… Not actually… Although it’s publicly known that she is adopted… What is not known is that she is an elf. With the use of an artefact, she hid her pointy ears. I know quite a lot about her, as one of the clients in The All-Seeing Eye bought all of her information for a hefty sum recently.  

.

.

I knew all that time I spent listening to useless information in my free time would come in handy.

.

.

But what does she want from me?

“I’m sorry did you search for me?”

She looked at me.

.

.

Truly an elf… Her beauty can charm even a person of the same gender. It’s no exaggeration to say that most who meet her fall in love with her.

.

Me included.

No!

.

I need to be careful, this might be a trap… Honey-trap…

“Are you Mixen?”

Her voice is also that of an Angel.

.

.

I will not succumb to this!

Think of this as training Mixen! Yes! An endurance training!

“I am indeed called like that.”

I think I have an expression of a monk.

“Vice-director wanted to see you.”

“Oh, Okay.”

It’s all good, she isn’t trying to intentionally seduce me.

.

.

But I won’t let my guard down!

I followed her.

.

.

.

Vice-Director… He is a good person. He always tries to be lenient toward students. He is from a family of commoners himself after all. Director too actually, although currently, he is a noble. He got his last name for his achievements on the battlefield.

.

.

I don’t need to worry. Whatever they want I’m sure it’s nothing bad. I didn’t do anything wrong after all…

.

.

Or did I?

.

.

.

Wait where are we going? I am not really familiar with the layout of the University yet, but I do know that we are entering the noble part of it.

“Excuse me. But where are we going?”

She then looked at me as if I had some sort of head trauma.

“... As I said before, I am leading you to Vice-Director.”

I know that part!

“Then why are we going to the noble part of the University? Am I even allowed in here?”

.

.

“Ah, I didn’t specify… You are being called by the Vice-Director of noble part of the University.”

“... What?!”

“She didn’t give me any details.”

.

.

This is bad… Real bad!

Both Director and Vice-Director are far being called a good person…

Although Director is just being very strict. Vice-Director is a devilish woman. She is known to torture those who disobey or fail to complete her orders… She is using legal methods of course… She can cut your pay, make you work an extra shift or even force you to do hellish training while saying that you are too weak to work here. Her attitude toward students is even worse. She will make rude remarks about their etiquette, make them clean classrooms for bad grades and the part about hellish training is the same for both adults and children.

.

.

I can’t get on her bad side.

.

Whatever it is she wants I need to be careful with my words and manners.

.

.

I think we are close.

*Knock* *Knock*

“Miss Valeria, I brought him.”

Valeria Softflower is her full name.

.

.

Not a really fitting one…

“Come in.”

We entered.

She is sitting in her chair while facing the window, so I can’t see her face yet.

.

.

.

“Why are you still here Melissa? Leave.”

No! Don’t leave me alone!

“Then excuse me.”

She left quicker than I could turn my head.

.

.

Vice-Director rotated her chair to me. And looked at me as if inspecting.

“Are you… Mixen?”

Don’t show any sign of weakness, be strong.

“Y-Yes”

F*ck!

.

.

.

She stood up from her chair. She is truly tall, at least twice my size. She has a big bust and red hair… And with her red suit… She is worthy of being called a hot-blooded businesswoman.

.

.

She is slowly approaching me.

.

What do I do? Do I run? No… I have no choice here… All I can do is pray…

.

.

As she was right in front of me she bent to match my height.

.

At least I’ll get a nice view before my death…

.

.

She slowly raised her arms… And… Started stretching my cheeks.

“Ah! You are indeed her son! Even your cheeks are the same! So puffy and pleasant to play with!”

.

.

.

“...Hwat?”

6