Chapter 20
142 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Leon’s PoV-

Nothing went wrong so far.

Nobody minds the fact that I play the role of a leader. They also acknowledged me as one. The pointers I give are well-received…Though it’s not like I can help them a lot. Agnes and Marissa are both better than me in terms of magic. I gave Timmy small advice on Aura use. He looked at me with “Really?” written on his face but followed it regardless. Naty is… a healer. I have no idea how to help her advance as one… The only thing I could say to her is to be careful of where she stands and prioritise her own safety. Lance is the one who benefited the most from what I taught him. It wasn’t that hard persuading him to listen. What I showed him, was the move he would learn way later… The sooner he awakens his Aura, the better.

My own training did not progress much. The only thing I can train at this point is magic.

I spent a lot of time with Master Theo. He taught me how to be a battlemage in practice… Even though I couldn’t understand his teachings on theory at all… 

Fortunately, Mixen left his books behind. I could advance a bit further ahead with them.

It took me a lot of time to master the fifth circle. But I’m stagnant now. There was no book for the sixth circle.

Sure, I can learn from ordinary books. But as someone who tasted Master Theo’s way of using Wind Magic… I can’t even look at those books. Not only are they inferior in terms of theory, but even when applied in practice.

I can cast my spells with less risk and much faster than others. Even the mana consumtion is different…Why did Mixen have to disappear?

He was a great person… a good friend… His smile was wider than any other… Even though he struggled quite a bit in life… He has talent in magic. At least in theory. I’m sure if he was given time and enough mana… He could even go with us.

I saw him training my Sword Style. He was by no means a genius, as he only passed the easy parts of it… But he was decent… Hmm… Now that I think about it… How the hell did he even learn it? I created that Style after I got the hang of Aura. An Aura user’s body grows stronger with his Aura. The more you use it, the tougher you get… 

How could he train it for so long?

I guess his physique was on a whole another level…

.

.

He wouldn’t die, right?

I’m worried.

Not only me.

Though Master Theo didn’t show it, I’m sure he was.

And Naty… She too tried to hide it… But I know her all too well… I grasped the feelings she had for Mixen very quickly… And though I get a bit jealous from time to time… I will not get in their way.

After confirming who Mixen was with the use of Truth-Seeking Ball, I came to a conclusion… This world is not the same as the previous one. Some people did not appear in my previous world but live normally here. 

I call them “variables”. 

Mixen is one of them… As there was no Mixen in my previous life.

So I decided to truly accept my new name, Leon… and the new self that comes with it.

I changed the way I live.

Leonhart’s memories were full of regrets… So I will live in a way where I have no regrets. Leonhart died in that world. I will use his memories and experience to save everyone… and find my own happiness.

The people he knew and loved… are not the same people I know now…

.

.

Was I as dense as Mixen is?

.

.

.

Walking through a forest on a mountain Leon was indulged into thought.

‘Not many things happened after the start… Except for him… Jack.

He is a “variable”.

Jack was strong. So strong that I couldn’t see through his Stealth… Certainly a Titled… 

There are only three titled who specialise in Stealth in the Golden Kingdom.

One of them is a woman.

Another one is an old man already.

And the third one is a crazy person who would never take in disciples.

… I need to find out more about him.’

“Do we really need to walk through a forest? Can’t we just take a carriage?”

Agness was born and raised in a noble household.

She was not used to travelling on foot.

“This is faster, besides, there are a lot of places we need to visit. A bunch of them has worse terrain than this. Consider this as training.”

“Hmpf!”

“Ah! Ness! You’re so cute when you pout!”

Melissa jumped on Agnes and rubbed her cheeks.

“S-Stop that!.. Mel!

“Hehe, if you’ll call me like that I won’t be able to stop!”

*Thump*

“...Again?”

“Leon? It’s not even funny anymore, are you okay?”

Leon tripped for the fifth time today.

‘Am I out of luck or something?’

“Yeah, I’m fine… Probably just an unlucky day.”

“...How far do we need to go?”

“I think we will see the city from there.”

He pointed at a cliff.

Soon they came to it and saw it…

Underneath was a deadly fall, and a bit further was a city.

A magnificent city with tall buildings. It was different from the capital or city of Ganesh.

This was a paradise for inventors.

The Lake City.

As the name suggests, near it was a huge lake. The lake was bigger than the city itself.

The Glowing Lake.

It is a unique lake. Not only does it provide a great tourist spot… Deep, deep down, it has a massive amount of Mana Crystals(Stones) growing. 

There is so many of them, that the fish living in it has some too.

Even though mining the crystals from water is not possible. Fishing and extracting them is feasible.

That is how this city thrives.

Because it is the number one exporter of mana stones, many inventors come here in search of cheap prices.

Be it new technology or artificial artefacts. It requires a vast amount of mana stones to produce.

After carefully coming down the mountain, the Hero and his party bought a few rooms in a hotel.

Leon warned Lance that it would be a bad idea to go around screaming “I am the Hero!” in such a big city. Hero’s face isn’t publicly known, so only the Holy Sword is recognizable. It is illustrated in a lot of books after all.

There was a potential teammate here. As per Leon’s advice, only Lance, Naty and Melissa went to recruit him. 

Everyone knew that Leon was a much better talker than Lance, so they asked why won’t go with them, but Leon simply shrugged it off.

‘I know they will fail regardless…He’s such a douche… And is useless without his artefacts.’

Leon remembered an arrogant person who thought only about living in riches. 

Born with a golden spoon, he never had struggles in his life.

He got on Oracle’s list purely because of his fake feats.

He literally bought the achievements of others.

Calling him weak would be wrong, however.

But his strength did not come from rigorous training, nor from immense talent… It was artefacts.

Without them, he was no different from an ordinary person.

By no means can he be called an evil person. Some will think that he is an angel in comparison to corrupt nobles… But he did not fit the Hero’s team.

Timmy disappeared without a trace.

Only Leon and Agness would be left after Lance and co. leave.

Girl with brown hair saw this as a great opportunity… And another girl looked from the side, she wore a smile as usual… but this time, it was different.

‘Gosh… I get chills when I look at her… Your act is much more dangerous than mine, girl.’ 

Now, Leon was in the busiest part of the city.

Countless people tried to show and sell their inventions.

But he was looking for someone specific.

*Thump*

“Look where you step, idiot!”

“You! How dare you trip Leon!?”

Agness shouted, but the person in question already disappeared in the crowd.

“It’s okay Agness, today is just not my day… Or not?”

Not far away, Leon noticed a little girl with red hair and brown skin.

She was sitting with a frown in front of her stall with many weird looking things.

There is no need to be a detective to know why… 

She hasn’t sold anything.

When Leon made his way through the countless people, he somehow managed to come to her.

He looked at her and her wares closely…

When the girl noticed a potential buyer, she smiled.

“Oh! Dear client, please, you can not only look but touch things too! And only today, I offer a special deal! Buy one, and get a 50% discount for another! It’s one in a-”

“We are not interested, Leon, let’s go.”

Leon never told Agness where they are going, but she thought it wasn’t here for sure.

“Agness, It’s rude to interrupt someone. I’ll apologize in her stead”

Wind mage got surprised, crossed her arms and started pouting.

“Hmpf!”

“Can I ask you for your name, miss vendor?”

Facing Leon’s smile, a little girl had no way to resist his charm.

“*Cough* It’s Rose… So, will you be buying?”

Hearing her answer, Leon’s smile became even bigger.

‘It’s her!’

In Leon’s memory, Rose or Roseline was a person who could create artificial artefacts, that had better functions than some actual artefacts.

It was a long time from now that she started having enough materials for producing a good tool… The reason for her struggle was not because the artefacts she made now were bad, no they were fairly decent and very cheap… It was because of her origin.

Rosa is a dwarf and a former slave.

Dwarves are known for their talent as craftsmen. But that didn’t matter to the people of the city. Those who bought from Rose were merely passersby and would never return to buy more or recommend her to someone… 

‘But it will be different now.’

“Yes, I will buy… that thing over th-”

*Splat*

“...Is that… Bird poo?”

“*Cough* Haha, it happens.”

Leon used a simple spell to clean his shoulder.

‘Why does it has to happen when I’m trying to make a good impression?’

“...It will be one silver.”

“Here, oh and does your special offer stand?”

Rosa never thought she was a good merchant, as her “offers” never worked.

So now, she was truly surprised to hear such words.

“Yes!”

“How much for this?”

“3 silver… It will be 1 and 5 bronze for you!”

“Here, a pleasure to make business with you.”

Counting her money, she suddenly looked at Leon.

“...No refunds.”

“Haha, I wouldn’t dream of it.”

‘...She is different from what I heard about her.’

The Rose he knew was arrogant.

She went as far as to make only one artefact per month and auction it among famous nobles. Everyone knew that it took her less than an hour to make a masterpiece.

It was impossible to make a specific request to her. Moreover, she never met anyone personally. 

Even Leon, as a Hero who beat Demon King, managed to get only one artefact from her… And even that was through her assistant…

But Leon knew just how powerful her artefacts can be… If she would make him artefacts with specific characteristics… He would have a lot more chances even against god himself.

.

.

.

I went to Rose and bought a few artefacts every day to build some sort of relationship.

I plan to invest in her, but I don’t want it to seem as weird and suspicious, so I will do it slowly…

And it’s not like I wasted my money. The artefacts I bought might come in handy one day… Some even now, like that comb-heater. Girls love it. I didn’t believe Rose when she said that it will make a girl’s hair smoother and more pleasant to the touch… but it did.

She is truly a talented inventor.

.

.

.

*Rumble-rumble*

How the hell do you describe a sound that an earthquake makes?

The ground suddenly shook.

It wasn’t a strong earthquake, no, it was rather weak and ended after only one shake(?).

Leon and others were eating at a bar at that moment.

Everybody in the team was curious… except for Leon.

‘It started.’

Finding Rose was not the only reason for coming to this city.

“What was that?”

“Probably a little earthquake, it happened before, you were dead drunk at the time.”

The dialogue of the two customers nearby cleared some of the mystery… 

But someone else knew that earthquakes don’t work like that.

She stood up and tapped the one who said it on his shoulder.

“I’m sorry, but why do you think that was an earthquake?”

Naty knew a little about seismic activity… Mixen had a book on natural disasters in his room, so she read it.

“Huh? What else can it be? Even nobles say that’s it.”

“Does this happen often?”

“...Is this some kind of interrogation? Why would I answer your question? But…”

The man checked Naty from head to toe with a perverted gaze.

“... If you’re willing to-”

*Slam!*

The idiot was pushed right into his bowl of hot soup.

“What is wrong with you!?”

The man yelled at the person behind him, but there was no one there.

“Are you okay?”

Naty showed genuine concern for the man. She did not care for his previous gaze or his attitude.

But this brute had to relieve his anger on someone.

“Do I seem like I’m okay?! Who did it? You should’ve seen it!”

“No one did it.”

“You’re telling me I did it to myself?!”

“...Yes?”

“You bit-!”

At this moment he noticed someone standing up.

Someone who was clearly big and strong.

Her brother.

He cracked his knuckles.

“Do we have some sort of trouble here?”

The man got a bit intimidated, but the person in front of him was young, so he thought he can handle him.

“W-What!? Do you think I’m scared!? What can you even do to us!?”

He turned to his buddy, but the latter had “I don’t know this guy” written on his face.

“Ha!”

The big guy took a step forward.

“Lance. Stop it. You know that violence is not always an option.”

Leon placed his hand on Lance’s shoulder.

It haltered Lance for a second.

“... But it is sometimes.”

“Kekeke, your friend is worrying for you! How cute!”

Leon took his hand away.

“... Yeah, sometimes it is.”

Both heroes had a slight trace of Killing Intent in their eyes. And their haze fell straight at a poor little drunkard.

“Eek!”

Even though it was an amount of Killing Intent that wouldn’t even scare a mouse, the man ran away in fear.

“... I wanted to find out more about that “earthquake”, you know?”

Naty did not stop her friends from doing what they did, as the man was annoying even to her. 

Now she crossed her arms and started sulking.

“Why though? It’s just an earthquake.”

“...It’s not.”

It was Leon who answered.

“Leon? You know something?”

“Not any more than you do… But this is definitely not an ordinary earthquake. We need to find out more.”

Naty’s face hardened for a second, but it was soon back to her normal smile.

“...Yeah. Do you know where to start?”

“We should just ask Timmy, he’s good at it.”

Timmy was finishing his meal when he heard it.

“...Ha~, give me a minute.”

Soon after Timothy finished his plate, he left.

Lance and others took a bit longer to finish, so Timmy was back by the time they did.

“So soon?”

“It wasn’t that hard… This is indeed not an earthquake. The governor is covering something up. It’s coming from the lake, but I didn’t manage to find what it was exactly.”

“...Is it dangerous?”

“...Most likely.”

“We need to find out more than… Let’s go to the governor, he wouldn’t lie to the Hero.”

Lance was still eating but decided to complain anyway.

“He wud! Ad er z no wai am goig! A doht ant to see at gai!”

(He would! And there is no way I’m going! I don’t want to see that guy!)

Bits of food were flying everywhere, if Lance’s teacher saw it, he would have a heart attack.

“...Don’t talk with food in your mouth. We need to go there, you included.”

Even though Naty is younger than Lance, she behaved like an older sister.

*Gulp*

“Humf!”

Similarly to his sister, he started sulking.

‘Their faces are so different… but they are brother and sister indeed.’

Melissa wanted to look around the city more, so she made Agness her guide. 

Timmy went to do something shady as always.

Without having much choice, Lance followed Leon and Naty to the biggest building in the city, Governor’s estate. 

Just like before, they were forced to wait in the waiting room before the governor would actually allow an audience.

“Sir Hero, Madam Saint.”

He greeted them with a bow, but it did not seem genuine.

Leon didn’t mind being ignored, on the contrary, he enjoyed being able to show his face in public and not give out autographs.

“What brings you here today? Is it about my son again?”

“No, we came to ask about the recent earthquakes… And you know that lying won’t work, right?”

Lance had a grin.

Now, the governor looked a bit nervous.

“W-Why are you curious? Those are just small earthquakes.”

“Lies.”

“That won't wo~rk. Hahaha.”

Who knows why Lance despises this man so much.

Leon certainly doesn’t… Though the man in front of them certainly smells fishy.

“E-Even so! That isn’t your concern!”

“It is. If it can harm anyone that is… Can it?”

“N-No!”

“Lies.”

The governor never was in a situation where he couldn’t lie.

This was a new experience for him… a bad one.

“How about you just tell us… Or do I make you speak?”

*Crack*

Lance’s smile looked sinister.

“A-Are you threatening me?! What kind of a Hero are you?!”

“I show no mercy to fiends!”

“I am no demon!”

“There are humans worse than demons!”

Just imagining what a Hero could do to him made him shiver. There was only one thing he could do.

“Gua-!”

Leon walked in between them.

“Lance, you’re too aggressive, we didn’t come here to fight… Please, just tell us what is going on here. We want to help.”

The governor didn’t know who this man was, but he looked more like a Hero to him than Lance was.

‘Oh~ Playing good cop, bad cop? Good plan!’

“... We found something… underneath the lake.”

This information could lead to the closing of all working places near the lake. If that were to happen… The city would lose its most reliable source of income.

“What is it?”

“We aren’t sure, but…”

“But?”

“...It’s alive.”

“...Alive?”

“Yes. Something big enough to cause those tremors now and then… But it is still sleeping! There is no way of knowing when that will happen! It could be ten years or even a hundred!”

“...Or just a week…”

Leon remembered what happened the last time he came here.

Only a few days after he and his team came to this city, a huge monster appeared in the lake.

A huge Kraken, a beast is second only to the King of the Sea Leviathan.

However, this one wasn’t ordinary. His whole body was covered in mana stones.

Because of this, his attacks were stronger, bigger and deadlier.

At the time, Leon had no chances against it. All he could do was watch people get buried under the city’s ruins and help others escape.

“But what can we do?! There is no way to dive that deep even with magic!”

“You could’ve evacuated the citizens and informed the King.”

“But then-!”

The governor stopped mid-sentence.

“...You would lose a lot of money. Yes… But what about people? All those who could’ve lost their lives?”

Leon would punish the governor from his old world if he could… But this person is not him. He did cause thousands of people to die… yet.

“We will inform the King of your actions… If you don’t want to be executed, help with the evacuation… We will try to kill the monster in the lake.”

“That… Yes, I understand.”

There was not much he could do, so he conceded.

Leon went back and explained the situation to others.

He came up with a plan.

It was simple.

No matter how strong the beast is, if attacked when it sleeps, it will die.

“Leon, how in the world do you plan to attack it?”

Agness didn’t have a clue on how it can be done.

“We will explode it.”

“Explode? Underwater?”

“Yeah.”

“... I see a flaw in your plan.”

“Haha, it will be okay if the explosives are strong enough.”

“And where do you plan to get them?”

“We’ll make them.”

Agness was puzzled. She knew that Leon was well-versed in all spheres… But even that? She didn’t doubt Leon for even a second.

“...Are you also an alchemist?”

“Who said only alchemists can make bombs?”

“Common sense?”

‘Well… She was the first to implement them, so it’s a given.’

“Anyway… I know someone who can, so… let’s visit her.”

“A new rival?!”

Melissa said that as a joke, but her concern was real.

.

.

.

We visited Rosa after that.

She was surprised to find out who I and others were.

When I asked her to make us a specific artefact, she had no problems with it, as long as we provide her with the money for it.

Rosa looked excited when he handed her the money.

Agness still had some suspicions, but everybody else was okay with it.

I wanted to look over the creation process, but Rosa said she can’t concentrate under someone’s gaze.

But, as expected, she made everything quickly.

I tested one of the dozen little red bombs she’d given us.  

It probably held as much power as a fifth circled spell.

They can be detonated simultaneously, so it is something dangerous if handled wrongly.

I warned her not to sell it to just anyone… She got discouraged for some reason.

Another thing she made was breathing apparatus. I can’t understand people who just ignored her on the streets. She has more talent than any other inventor there is, I’m sure.

Moreover, she is a cheerful little girl, it’s pleasant to work with her… Though as I found she is actually older than me… What changed her so much?

Meh, it doesn’t matter. Now that she has enough money to create proper artefacts, she will become successful in no time, so her character won’t change drastically like that… 

And I will visit her from time to time too.

Now, however, it’s time to kill the beast.

.

.

.

-Rosa’s PoV-

The Hero successfully slew a huge Kraken. 

I saw its body floating on the lake with my own eyes.

It’s fortunate that nobody was hurt.

…Especially Leon…

He is so kind…

And so handsome…

Lance, The Hero, is good too, but in another way… less hero looking.

I would never tell it to his face, but…that is just what I think.

Every action Leon makes is graceful and noble.

I can feel my heartbeat rising when he is near.

After they announced what happened, I got some credit too.

I was already plenty grateful to Leon… but now… I don’t think I can repay him.

He is too perfect.

I have nothing to give him… and a woman like me can’t even dream of standing beside him.

However, I believe he won’t ask for anything in return.

Who knows how long I would need to wait before collecting enough money to start a proper business if not for his help…

He’s my saviour.

I was very sad when he said that he will leave soon… however… He said he will visit.

I wanted to ask him to send me messages, but that would be too presumptuous of me… I don’t want Leon to see me in a bad light.

I personally came to see him off.

He is the only one among the Hero’s teammates who I made friends with… They are all great people, we just didn’t spend enough time together.

…Though Melissa gave me this spine-chilling look a few times…Or maybe I just imagined it…

Ah… But now that he is out of the city… It’s time for me to deal with that.

I came to a building that I visit each month.

*Knock-Knock*

“Boss is waiting for you.”

It stinks in here, as usual.

Boss is on the last floor, so it takes some time to get there.

“Ho~ isn’t it our proud inventor. The speak of the town. Hero’s little helper.”

“... I brought the money.”

“Monthly amount… or?”

“...I came to break the contract.”

That’s right.

I signed a contract with a group of criminals.

Leon would hate me if he knew, so I hope he’ll never find out.

But that doesn’t really matter anymore.

As a former slave, I know some things about contracts.

I had no choice at the time, but I made sure they wouldn’t make me into a slave.

As long as I bring them money every month, they wouldn’t touch me.

And If I return everything I borrowed, the contract will break.

As for what happens if I won’t bring the money… It will never happen.

“Well… Let me check the amount.”

I handed over the pouch to his subordinate.

.

.

What is he doing?

Why is he just leaving?

“Well? Where is the money?”

“...What?”

“Where is the money? Rose.”

“...W-What?”

What is going on?

“Hmm? Did you come here without even the monthly payment? Tsk-tsk. How unprofessional of yours.”

“B-But, I gave the money to your subordinate just now!”

“What? Him?”

“Yes!”

“Are you my subordinate?”

“No, sir.”

“See? I don’t even know his name… How can you just give your money away to some stranger, Rose?”

“N-No… You said…”

He said to let him check…him…

“I said to give me the money for the contract… Even the contract we signed has it. Look here. ‘Only after the whole amount is delivered straight to the contractor, can the contract be broken.’. See? Or do I read it again?”

H-How… Could I be so blind…

No, nooo. Not again… I don’t want to go through that all over…

You… My money is still there.

“Give me my money back!”

“No.”

“You bastard! Give it back!”

“Hold her boys.”

“Aghrr! Don’t touch me!”

Stop it! Why is it happening to me!

“Are you trying to attack my subordinate now? How rude.”

“You! You said he wasn’t your-!”

“Hush.”

“Mpf, mpf!?Mmmm!”

My mouth… it won't open.

No… The contract… It came into effect already.

“Ho~ What a naughty girl. You deserve a punishment.”

Nonononono don’t touch me.

Don’t do it please no.

Just when I thought my life was becoming better.

Just when I had a chance to start my life properly.

Why did my parents sell me into slavery?

Why did I have to suffer in this shithole of a city for five years?

“She won’t disobey me anymore, you can let her go. Oh and leave the room, I wanted to have fun with her for quite some time… Her flower has finally bloomed.”

Whywhywhywhywhy.

I don’t want this. No, please stop. 

My hands won’t budge.

My legs won’t move.

My mouth won’t scream.

What do I do!?

.

.

What can I do?

.

.

I guess my life was like this from the beginning.

.

The hope I felt after meeting him felt great.

But that was just that.

Fleeting hope.

.

.

I still am grateful to him.

He is the only person who noticed me.

Who decided to help.

My saviour.

It would be better if we never met again.

The defiled me has no place near such a man.

.

.

But…

Maybe just once more…

I beg of you…

Please… Save me…

.

.

Leon…

“Boss! We have an intrud-!”

Did… That man’s head just flew?

“What?! Who!? Gagl-”

A-Again? Who?

“Eek!”

“You alright? Ah, here cover yourself.”

He appeared out of nowhere!?

And I’m naked!?

I need to…

Did he just save me?

“Was I… saved?”

“That’s why I’m here, yes.”

He… came for me?

Why?

Who is he? 

Does he know me?

Do I know him?

He has a mask, I can’t tell…

.

.

There is only one person I can think of…

“...Leon?”

“Huh?... Ah! Of course, you would think I’m him! The almighty Leon! Who else but him can be as kind as to save a beautiful girl! No, I’m f*cking not! Would your lovely Leon kill all those people!? Is he a merciless killer like me?! Huh!?”

W-Why is he so angry?

Did I say something wrong?

.

.

But Leon isn’t like that… 

His height is different too…

“What!? Think I care that you went through a traumatic experience? Think twice! I don’t! Deal with it! I know at least 5 people who were through worse!”

.

.

Why is he so rude?

I didn’t even mean to offend him…

“...As if you know me…”

“Me? Know you? Oh no, no of course I don’t… Rosaline.”

“...”

How does he know my real name?

“What? Did your parents not teach you how to talk? Oh, right! They sold you into slavery before that!”

“How do you-!?”

“There are many ways to find something out. And let me tell you, your life wasn’t even that bad! You ate three times a day, you even studied! People die just to have such an opportunity. Parents give their lives away just so their children can live such life! Just like yours did!”

“...What?”

“Ho~? Are you so stupid that you didn’t even understand that? What would happen to a child like you in a forgotten dwarf village with almost no food or water? You would die! How lucky were you to be picked up by a kind master!”

“But… they…”

They… didn’t sell me for money?

… I hated them for my whole life…

And my old master… He never hit me… Why?

He wasn’t really kind to me but… 

No… He left me his everything…

His books on artefacts… His life-worth of experience as an inventor… He gave it to me… His slave…

How did I repay him for it… Didn’t even bury him properly…

Why am I so… stupid.

“Sniff. Sniff.”

“What now? Going to cry?”

“Whaaaa~!”

I can’t help it.

How much time did I waste hating someone I should love?

“...Really?”

“Whaaa~! I’m sowwy!”

I’m sorry mother!

I’m sorry father!

I’m sorry master!

“... F*ck! Why do I have to use a girl to relieve my stress! ***** pull yourself together! Aah, I even made her cry! Sh*t! Better to have no emotions at all than to end up like this! Moron! I don’t know how to calm people down…”

Sniff

…Is he crazy?

“That’s right! A compliment! Hey! Stop crying, why does a girl with such a face have to ruin it with tears!?”

…He’s crazy.

“Mmm… Not enough? Your body is great too! Any men would fall for you!”

…and a pervert too.

“S-Still no? Oh, here. Those people are good, they will help you with your inventions! I don’t think there are many people with such a good head on their shoulders!”

Is this… A VVIP card of “Comedy and Tragedy” company!?

They are the most fast-growing company in not only the underground world!

“Are you okay now? Please tell me you’re okay. I hate seeing kids cry.”

…Are you an old man or something?

.

.

But it did help…

I don’t feel like crying…

I feel like I can move forward.

…Only after I apologise… Even if it’s a grave.

“...I’m better.”

“Phew… Anyway, lend me your hand for a second.”

“...Sure?”

His hand is rough… But feels warm to touch…

Huh?! 

Are we… flying?

Whoa!?

“Tell me if you feel dizzy.”

I do now!

My god! H-How!? He isn’t even carrying me!

“Here we are.”

Even though the speed was rather slow… I feel like throwing up.

“...Couldn’t we have taken the stairs.”

“No, too many corpses. You would suffer.”

Corpses?

Did he… kill them all?

…They deserve it.

“...Thank you.”

“No need. Someone like me doesn’t deserve it… Thank your dear Leon when you meet him again.”

“N-No I…”

He’s gone.

And it seems that he still holds a grudge…

…I didn’t even get his name…

Or… Was it… *****?

What a strange name…

I want to find him. So that I won’t have any more regrets.

… But why did he help me?

I know that Leon did it so that I make him artefacts… Not like it’s a bad thing, but… What does that person get from it?

Does he work for “Comedy and Tragedy?”

I will ask them.

I want to repay him.

He is different from Leon, I can tell.

More flawed… more vulnerable… 

In pain…

I can help… I’ll think of a way to help.

.

.

…His voice is soothing…

.

.

I hope to hear it again.

 

3