Chapter 1: Alice, The Neighbor.
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: Alice, The Neighbor

I sighed as I looked out the window, watching as trees passed by. It’s been a five hour drive and it’s already getting annoying being in this car. Usually, I enjoy car rides since it gave my thoughts to run free. Daydreaming. However, the situation currently isn't enjoyable at all. 

I heaved another sigh causing my dad to glance at me with a raised eyebrow. “Tired already?” He smirked knowing exactly how I was feeling. For the last 17 years, he’s been able to figure out how I would feel just by noticing my behavior. 

“Kinda,” I replied nonchalantly. 

My dad chuckled. “We’re almost there. To our new home,” he said as his lips curled upwards. 

“Hm.” I knew that already, I had looked into Google Maps and checked the time we would get there before I even entered this car. 

New house and new town…I wonder if mom would’ve liked it here. It’s already been two years since her death happened. 

I turned up the volume from the radio station that was playing a classical song. As I did this, I closed my eyes and drifted into sleep. 

“Wake up, we’re here.” 

I felt a nudge on my arm which caused me to stir awake. My eyes fluttered open. It took a second for me to gain awareness, and the first thing I saw was my dad getting out of the car. I unbuckled my belt and got out of the car as well. 

The next thing I saw were trees, lots of trees. I also saw the darkened sky. Though I couldn’t see any stars, I did see the crescent moon. Turning my head to the side, I saw a one story house. There I saw my dad taking out his keys and opening the door.

“Grab your stuff from the back door, it should be unlocked,” my dad said as he got the front door opened and went inside the house. I turned back around and walked towards the hatch, propping it open, I grabbed my two bags. There I saw my dad’s bags too, which I tried grabbing. However, I only managed to grab one of his bags. 

“You must be the new neighbor!” A hearty voice caught me off guard causing one of the bags to fall on the ground. I inwardly sigh. I looked at the person who came out of nowhere. From the tone of her voice, I knew it was a girl. My conclusion came out to be correct as my eyes immediately traced over her platinum blond hair. 

Beautiful…this was my first thought as I felt my eyes glued on her hair. Though I’ve seen many blond girls before, none of them were as alluring as her hair. 

“Umm…sorry I made you drop your bag. Here let me help you,” she said as I got out of my trance and finally took notice of her face. She is definitely pretty, her blue eyes, healthy pale skin, and defined jawline. She wore a gray sweater with black leggings. 

“It’s alright, you don’t have-“ As I was about to tell her that I didn’t need help, she already picked up the bag that had fallen on the floor. I caught her scent, smelled like shampoo. She must’ve gotten a shower just a few minutes ago. 

“I’ll get those bags too,” she said as she reached out for another bag from the car. I was about to open my mouth however I closed it. I’ll let her this time, it’ll save me from coming back to the car. 

“Alright,” I said as I placed my bags down and closed the latch. I then picked up the bags and walked towards the house with the blond girl following behind.

“You know it’s not a good idea to enter into a stranger’s house.” I said. If this is how she normally treats new people then she would most likely be put into danger. Being a victim in society.

“It’s okay, I had already informed my parents that I was going to help the new neighbors. So if I don’t contact them in the next thirty minutes, they will immediately call the police.” 

Smart. Though she doesn’t know what many things could happen to her in those thirty minutes. She’s very cautious, that’s good. At least she isn’t stupid.

“Hm.” As I entered the house, I saw my dad about to get out of the house until he saw me and the blond girl behind me. I saw as his eyebrows raised and looked at me curiously.

“Making friends already, I see. Hello young girl, my name is Reed Drewitt. Son, have you introduced yourself?”

How many times am I going to sigh today? 

“I umm, I’m Aldo.” I said as I turned my head to look at her. 

She smiled. “I’m Alice, my name isn’t as good as yours or your dad’s.” 

Huh. I thought so much, but her name fits her. I gave a slight nod acknowledging her. 

“Thank you Alice for helping us, those bags must be heavy, let me take them from you.” My dad said as she felt sorry for the girl. Though from what I can see, she looks strong enough to carry them. She probably plays sports.

“This is nothing Mr.Drewitt, I can handle this. Where should I put these?” 

“If that’s the case, why don’t you put them behind the door of my room. Aldo, your room is right across from my room so unpack your bags once you enter. I’m going to go to the store, want something from there?”

“No, I don’t think I need anything right now.” I said as I couldn’t really think of anything I needed. I have everything I need in my bags.

“Okay then. I’ll be back in thirty minutes.” My dad said before he left the house.

“Your dad is really nice,” Alice said as we both started walking towards the rooms.

“I guess,” I replied. He’s always been this way. After all he’s a doctor, he's used to talking to people. Alice just giggled and place the bags behind my dad’s door.

I opened the door of my room and it was dark. For some reason, I felt comfortable as I stepped inside. Placing my two bags on the floor, I walked towards the window. Peaking through the blinds, I saw my dad driving away. The headlights from his car made me see other houses that were similar to ours. 

“Woah, you look really creepy in the dark.” Alice said as she turned on the lights. I wasn’t bothered by her remark, I was already used to it. However, what really irked me was her turning on the lights.

I stopped peaking through the blinds and turned around to see Alice on my bed. I released a sigh which only made her giggle. 

“You’re pretty funny, you know?” She said, causing me to rub the bridge of my nose. How am I funny? I don’t understand, I didn’t do anything worth calling funny. 

“You can go home now.” I said as I took off my hoodie. She was about to say something which I just glared at her, causing her to look defeated.

“Fine…” She got off my bed and looked at me with a pout. I lightly shook my head. 

“Are you planning on going to school tomorrow?” 

“Why do you want to know?” I asked.

'Just cause’, there’s one thing you should know about this town. A lot of bad things happen here, especially at school.” She said with a serious face. 

“Why are you telling me this?” Again I asked, my curiosity peaked.

“I’m just helping you, don’t worry, not everything about this town is bad. Anyways, you should try smiling more. Bye!” Alice said as she walked out of my room. I didn’t trust her at all and continued to stare until she left the house.

Finally, peace, quiet, alone time. I walked towards the bathroom and turned on the lights, as I did, I saw myself in the mirror. ‘You should try smiling more.’ I tried smiling, however it only looked weird so I went back to my passive face. 

I had daunting black eyes that looked like it could pierce through anything. Pale skin and black unkempt hair. I was far from being called handsome, but I was also not on the ugly spectrum. 

I should probably prepare myself for tomorrow. There could be a chance that the teachers might ask me to introduce myself. What should I say? 

0