38. you should not have messed with us
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, Az fell to the ground and breathed loudly. The water bubble that was around his head disappeared.

"Please don't kill me," Satoshi cried in desperation as Otaz swung his scythe. Ogron raised his hand only slightly, and Otaz abruptly stopped his scythe. Still, the blade of his scythe leaned against the mage's throat.

"Tell us how you found out about us. A mage like you has no business in such a forest where there are no real monsters with a mana core," Ogron asked coldly.

"A man told me information of a boy who had three above-average skeletons at his side. These skeletons were said to wield weapons better than normal mortals," Satoshi stuttered.

"So one of the rats escaped. Too bad I thought we killed all the rats that stalked us on that day," Otaz sighed. "Well, what areas did you specialize in," Ogron asked coldly. "I'm proficient in all elements of Beginner Magic, but when it comes to Intermediate Mage rank, I'm only proficient in necromancer and water magic," he explained.

"Then you should know what we are about to do to you," Ogron replied before calling Az over. Ogron ordered, "Please use your spell [rot] on this mage." Satoshi looked up, startled, and conjured a mana membrane around his entire body.

Az just placed his hand on Satoshi's head and conjured a light mana membrane around his hand. He whispered,"[rot]," and a black mass began to form around his hand. This mass slowly left his hand and tried to bore into Satoshi's body. With each passing second, Satoshi's mana membrane became thinner and thinner. 

He just looked desperately at Az, who just smiled. "Please be forgiven," Satoshi whispered. "Give up. We will be summoned you again after your death," Ogron replied coldly. "No, no, no, I don't want to die. I don't want to…," he began to scream, and Ogron gave him a strong blow against his skull with the handle of his spear. The hit caused Satoshi to faint and his mana membrane to dissipate. Az's spell ate through Satoshi's biological matter like fire burns paper. In the end, only the clean bones and a mana core remained.

"That smelled disgusting," Az whispered and threw up. Simaev couldn't help but smile at Az's action. "He's still a cute little boy," she muttered.

Az bit his thumb in an attempt to regain his senses and afterward placed his hand on Satoshi's skull. "[Awaken my warrior]," Az only whispered, and Satoshi's bones began to rattle. With each passing second, the bones moved more and more into position until suddenly a skeleton stood up.

But instead of challenging Az, the skeleton only roared out loud. Despite the lack of vocal cords, its roar was strong enough to sweep Az off his feet. Otaz had to grab Az and put him behind him. Leaves were torn from the trees, and Ogron watched the whole spectacle with a smile.

"That's a wonderful warrior. They say the more a soul regrets being revived, the more it retains its powers," Ogron murmured, stroking his chin as he muttered. "I think Az has managed to summon a cursed skeleton mage. I can only hope because then we would have someone to help Az with his magic training," Ogron continued muttering to himself and stood up.

"I'll kill you all," Satoshi roared, summoning black spears and skeletons from the ground. Ogron just smiled and sprinted towards Satoshi. "No, you won't. You will serve your new master for all eternity. This is your punishment for your action. May your poor soul never be allowed to rest again until your master permits you," Ogron replied coldly, destroying all the skeletons with one swing of his spear.

Satoshi, enraged, threw all the black spears at Ogron, who only dodged them. Shortly after, Ogron stood in front of Satoshi and shattered Satoshi's chest into a thousand pieces with one blow. Satoshi's skull fell to the ground, and before he could cast another spell, Ogron just planted his foot on top of his skull.

"If you don't swear loyalty right now, I will shatter your soul. That way you'll never find peace again," Ogron whispered while increasing the pressure he exerted with his foot with each word.

"I, I swear my loyalty to my new master Az," Satoshi stuttered.

At that moment, a light blue mana bond was seen manifesting between Satoshi and Az. Az just nodded with a smile.

"Now recover your upper body and find us after that," Ogron replied, and the four continued on their way. Unfortunately, Az still had to kill a bull with as few injuries as possible. "Perhaps the scythe is better for such actions," Az sighed, continuing to wield his spear. "Yes, maybe, but if I'm honest, two weapons are enough for you. You better concentrate on the bow and the spear before you try to learn a third weapon," Otaz replied, running his bone hand through Az's hair.

"Yeah, you're right," Az sighed, reaching out and holding Otaz's bone hand. The group moved on, and Az hunted a few more bulls.

He decided to summon two of the dead bulls as skeletons while he was at it. These two should carry the dead bulls. The two resisted, but only after the promise of the redemption of their souls the next day did they agree.

It took him several times before he managed to kill one of them with as few blows as possible. Az focused only on the skull and neck area of the bull.

By now, Az thought he was good at hunting such animals, which is unusual for kids his age. But compared to him, most children who have awakened their talent have mastered more elements. 

Az now stood panting before a bull that was missing its head. He clung tightly to his spear that was embedded in the ground, and he gasped loudly. His body was soaked from head to toe with either dried or fresh bull blood.  In front of him lay the skull of a bull that had been stabbed and beaten all over.

"Finally, we are done here," Ogron sighed and ordered the two skeleton bulls to drag the dead bulls along. 

"Time for Az to sell his loot and finally get some rest," Otaz remarked as he watched Az fall over. He hurriedly picked him up and carried him piggyback as the sunset.

1