106. a benevolent lord.
26 6 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two argued further, and hours passed before Alex continued marching onwards to kill as many creatures as possible to vent his anger.

It didn't take long for him to find the next nest of mutant animals, which he slaughtered mercilessly with his sword. Each of his swings cleaved one mutant goblin in two after the other, but the group didn't seem to have an end since a living one got replaced before its body could hit the ground.

Unfortunally for them, strength by numbers meant nothing to Alex, who had a fire talent. Whenever he wasn't fighting against dungeon creatures, Odebus taught him how to use his fire talent. Since his training began on the second floor, his fire mage talent was probably the greatest on the entire floor, even though nobody knew of it.

Alex didn't even bat an eye as he immediately set the goblins running towards him ablaze, whose bone-chilling painful screams filled the air. Since these creatures were close together, his flames were especially effective. But Alex ignored one crucial thing, and that was flames consume oxygen. That fact immediately turned into a double-edged sword since he had to leave as fast as possible as even he faced struggles with breathing oxygen.

One could hear his coughs as he jumped out from the black smoke that filled the cave.

"The smoke will probably kill them all," coughed Alex as black smoke left his mouth.

But he was wrong since one goblin followed him and survived it. His anger was clearly visible on his face, and compared to the rest, he seemed to be way smarter since he immediately attacked him with his club without even shouting.

'We've got a smart fella here.' Alex thought as he immediately dodged the attack with ease, laughed loudly before sending the goblin flying against the wall with a kick against his chin.

After the hit, he immediately swung his sword and cut off the hand holding the club. The goblin fell to its knees and screamed loudly in pain as it held its bleeding arm with its remaining hand.

"You are a brave one…," Alex commented in amusement as the sharp end of his swords pointed against the chin of the goblin, who was groaning loudly in pain.

"…and for that, I'll kill you with one clear swing," he stated, and the goblin felt a chill running down his spine. The fear on his face was clearly visible as he stared onto Alex's face, which resembled the one of a grinning devil.

As Alex raised his sword, the goblin shrieked loudly in despair as he watched the former's blade getting swung towards his neck. It was a clean-cut, and the goblin got decapitated a single swing.

The head flew a few meters before hitting the ground a couple of times. Emotions of fear were still visible on the decapitated head, and one heard the sounds of bones breaking as Alex pressed his shoe against it.

"Why are you even killing that many goblins? Isn't it boring? You have nothing to gain from it. Why won't you just sit back and enjoy the show?" echoed Odebus scornful voice through his head.

Alex merely chuckled at the latter's words before giving him an answer.

"I know that you will kill any human who crosses our view, which is why I try to make up for it to the best of my abilities. The more creatures I kill, the more people I save since they will never face the horde. I know it's just wishful thinking that I can make up for the killings. But, but that's the least I can do."

But as Alex intended to continue moving, the two heard voices from afar.

"Shit. Here we go again," stated Alex as he gritted his teeth while he heard Odebus giggle in joy.

The group seemed to be walking towards him, and one could hear their conversation clearly, which was regularly followed by laughter echoing through the walls.

"Strange… wich moron would be enjoying their time so loudly. They seem to enjoy their stay here a bit too much. Well, at least we will end it soon," commented Odebus before immediately taking control of Alex's body.

'These voices… some of them are quite familiar,' thought Alex, deeply entrenched in his thoughts.

Odebus merely shrugged Alex's shoulder while remarking: "Well, I don't care. They'll still be dying," which made Alex angry.

Slowly Odebus began approaching the group, quietly step by step, with his sword outside its sheet to attack immediately if necessary.

Alex, who sat quietly in the back of his mind watched the scene in melancholy since he knew he couldn't save anyone.

But the closer they got to them, the bigger in anxiety grew since he realized to whom these familiar voices belonged.

'Please don't let it be them. Please don't it be them,' Alex prayed, but when he saw their faces, his heart fell into the depths of Tartarus.

Two familiar people were standing like twenty meters away from him. These two were former comrades of him.

'No… that cannot be… please… run… run as fast as possible,' he prayed as tears slowly came up as he didn't dare think what will happen soon.

Odebus merely listened to his prayers in amusement and stated: "Well, your power-ups are visiting you. One should be looking forward to it rather than falling into madness, Alex."

These words merely fueled Alex's anger, and it took him a lot of strength to answer Odebus's provocations.

"Could I… could I say a few last words before you kill them," shouted Alex back at Odebus before immediately adding, "think of it how more emotional that scene would be. A former friend, giving his last warning before they get slaughtered."

His words astonished Odebus, and the latter immediately stopped in his steps to think about the latter's brilliant idea since Odebus seemed to love seeing such heartbreaking moments.

Merely killing people where there aren't that many emotions in the play was boring. But if one could craft a tragedy out of it, then it would be something worth watching.

A creepy smile formed on Alex's face, and Odebus answered his pleas.

"Be grateful that I'm a benevolent lord since I will give you the right to say three words."

Odebust immediately added: "Wait… we can make this scene even better, heheheh. You will be the one walking towards them, and you will also be the one warning them."

 

A chapter a day keeps your worries away. anyway time for some tragedies, hehehe

1