113. Tell me, young one, who did that to your brother?
23 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Deep underground, in a dungeon, there was a girl who carried the burdens of her two siblings as both of them lost consciousness.

It was a funny sight for the narrator, seeing a frail girl carry her younger brother via piggyback while dragging a more muscular man in armor behind her. One thing was clear, the physical burden was quite taxing, and only determination kept her moving forwards.

And so hours passed, and even if her determination was great, it was only a matter of time till she would succumb to the exhaustion.

'So… tiresome. How long?… how long has it been now since I've been carrying these two?' Anne thought as she leaned her exhausted body against the cold stone wall while closing her eyes.

She stayed like that for ten minutes and would have even fallen asleep if it wasn't for the voices coming from the other end of the tunnel, which immediately woke her up.

'Shit, there is more than one person there," she thought as she placed Maurice's body over the sleeping Luke before immediately taking out her sword and shield.

As she slowly crept forward, she heard the voices of two people who seemed to be laughing over something.

'I don't care who they are. I need to find out if these people were former friends of my older brother or not. Maybe they are a few friends introduced by brother Gab,' went through her head.

"So Leo… How did you end up here? You don't seem to belong to our camp?" Anne heard a familiar voice say as she slowly and quietly moved forward.

A burst of loud laughter was heard before a rough alien voice replied: "I had my own group. Well, it wasn't so big compared to yours or what you told me, but we were like a five-man team."

As Anne came closer and closer to the beginning of the tunnel, she wondered:

'why is it so bright, and from where the hell does all the light come from? Wait! Is it… Well, I forgot his name… Is it that lamp guy?'

Slowly she peeked from the corner and saw two men having a calm discussion as they both hugged their weapons, sitting on the ground with their back against the wall.

"That explains a lot," replied a man who sat cross-legged on the ground.

His skin was light brown, and the bone armor he wore was pitch black. When Anne glanced at his face, she immediately knew who he was. It was lamp guy.

Lamp guy made his first appearance in chapter 89, but his background isn't really that important.

She didn't know much about that guy, but she knew that brother Gab trusted him, and also anyone wearing black armor was someone that both Gab and Luke trusted.

She immediately entered the cave and shouted: "lamp guy follow me."

The laughter stopped, and the unknown man glanced at the girl standing at the edge before moving his gaze towards Rados, who just got called lamp guy.

"So that's what the rest of your groups think of you," he laughed loudly before asking him: "do you know that kid?"

In embarrassment, the man put on his pitch-black bone helmet and said: "You know I have a name."

After sighing, he asked Anne: "Anyway, how can I help you shorty, and where is your brother?"

Nevertheless, he listened to her words and reached for the two bone daggers embedded in the ground directly in front of him.

"Sorry, it's something serious, and I don't want to tell it in front of a stranger," Anne replied as she shook her head.

Rados nodded and apologized to the stranger before following behind Anne.

"Don't worry, I'll wait here for you, so take your time," answered the stranger, who seemed to be having a good time.

As the two moved further into the tunnel, Rados silently asked: "So for what do you need me?"

"My brother is seriously wounded, and I need your help carrying my two brothers to Gab," Anne said.

The latter's cheerful mood immediately faded away, and he asked in worry: "How bad is his condition?"

To that, Anne replied: "Bad. When he was still conscious, Luke jokingly told me that he wasn't even sure if he could survive for another week."

Shocked, Rados silently cursed, and after a minute, the two reached the unconscious siblings.

Rados had a grim look on his face as he saw how mangled up Luke's leg was, and he asked quietly with suppressed anger: "That wound is not from a monster but from a mage. Tell me, young one, who did that to your brother, and what happened to the younger one?"

Fury was clearly visible in his eyes, as Rados hasn't yet forgotten the deeds for which Luke was responsible. He admired the latter, as Luke chose to use his skills to help others rather than use them for himself. The armors and weapons Luke supplied them with saved most of their lives, and he felt pity for Luke, who got the nickname bone smith, for his deeds.

"Long story. But we need to find Gab as fast as possible. If my brother is right, only that man or the princess are both the only ones who have a chance in killing that creature," Anne replied in hesitation.

Rados merely nodded before assuring her: "We will immediately move ahead and find them as fast as possible."

Thinking about what must have happened for Luke to end up in such a miserable state, a shiver immediately ran down Rados's back.

'Luke was way stronger than I. That girl must be right since whoever survives fighting Luke must be a monster on par with Gab or even the princess. Bone Smith was not only good at close combat but also quite troublesome. He could change the shape of his weapon during the fight or throw javelins at one while also being a tank in his armor at the same time.

His ability was one of the more deadlier ones I've seen till now. But we gotta take care of that wound as fast as possible,' Rados thought before immediately grabbing Luke and carrying him via piggyback.

"Thanks," replied Anne hesitantly, before asking him: "What was your name again?"

"Well, my name is Rados, but as you know, most people tend to call me lamp guy as I can illuminate rooms with my magic talent as for now. What was your name again," replied the man.

"Just call me Anne," she replied.

 

guess which moron lost his character sheet… yeah I'm prob screwed. Time to add a few characters into the glossary, here on scribblehub or whatever it's called. It seems like a cool feature to have. As for Rados, his appearance was in chapter 89 discussion at the fire pit. Well, I hope you liked it and good night. I'm gonna sleep now

1