115. You resemble our older deceased sister
11 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You know nothing!" Anne wailed loud in frustration as her salty tears fell onto Luz's face, who whipped them away shortly after.

Her eyes were blood red due to the exhaustion she faced till now, combined with a tinge of anger and frustration.

"Luke…" she whispered in a crackling voice as her trembling hands kept gripping his bone armor tightly as tears continued streaming down her red cheeks. "Do you know how it feels dragging two siblings with you, knowing full well that if an enemy finds you, you will be forced to abandon one of your loved ones?"

Even though the two siblings had this conversation earlier, as Anne dragged her older brother behind her, the talk only stalled since the latter succumbed to his exhaustion. And Luke wished to keep this discussion on halt as he still wasn't ready for it.

Tears continued falling onto Luke's face as Anne slowly loosened her tight grip over Luke's chest armor before letting him down slowly.

After getting no reply from her older brother Anne whispered to him with a quivering voice: "Why did you try to die a meaningless death?"

Silence fell, and even though it was for a few seconds, for Luke, it felt s if hours were passing, till it got broken. Seeing how the latter didn't even try to reply to her question, furry filled her heart as she tried to repeat the question. In the end, she couldn't muster to say anything else other than, "Why…?"

While asking him the question, Anne's teary red eyes crying streams of water, remained fixed on Luke's eyes.

With great difficulty, Anne stammered, "You're my brother, aren't you?" To which Luke nodded slightly.

"SO WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE AN EGOIST WHO DOESN'T HAVE ANY SIBLINGS?" she shouted in anger before asking her next question: "Don't you feel any sense of shame? Your younger sibling cares more about you than you ever cared about them? Is it… Is it too much… to expect an older brother to care as much for one as one cares for them?"

After asking the last question, Anne pressed her forehead against Luke's one. By now, it was clear that even her throat couldn't take her tirades, but that didn't stop her from continuing.

"When you were still sleeping, your younger sister wandered for hours in a paranoid state, thinking that any sound she heard came from an enemy. Do you have the slightest idea how much I care for you?" Anne asked in a trembling voice, and a tear ran down Luke's cheek.

"I cared for my brother so much that I wasn't willing to leave him to his own demise… I could never leave a sibling behind under any circumstances. I would rather let myself be eaten by wolves than leave any of them behind," Anne chuckled painfully.

"You, my dear brother,  would give up your siblings just to get revenge on the wolves. In the end, the wolves matter more to you than your siblings," Anne sobbed, and with each word, her suppressed anger and rage became more noticeable.

Luke wanted to deny her statement, but he couldn't since the truth was cutting deep wounds into his consciousness. He just couldn't deny that his mind was fogged by revenge when he was engrossed in the fight.

Seeing how her brother couldn't muster anything, Anne resumed with her rant: "Brother… I hoped that your attitude would have changed for the better after finding out how our older sister died here."

She chuckled painfully before continuing with it: "Maybe it was naive of me to think that our sister's death could humble you. But it seems like you are eager to join her as soon as possible."

Hearing her words, Luke could no longer hold back his tears and began to weep in torrents, as he was filled with regrets.

'If I at least killed him, I could have used it as an argument. But in the end, I failed, and instead of protecting my siblings, which was initially my plan, I  got clouded by revenge. Even Evie would have wanted that I choose to protect the living rather than dying as I try miserably to take revenge for the dead.' thought Luke.

He could no longer look into Anne's eyes without feeling a sense of shame for his mistakes, which is why he moved his gaze. Luke wanted to tell her that he won't repeat this stupid mistake again, but Anne wouldn't believe his words. In the end, he couldn't say anything, and Anne merely pressed her forehead against his.

Only after that did he muster to reply to her even if it was in a quiet whisper: "I know, and I'm sorry for letting myself be blinded by my rage. Next time I will try to act more rational."

"You better promise me that, or your siblings will grow up without their older brother. You don't want us to remember you as the one brother who died due to being clouded by his thoughts of revenge, don't you?" chuckled Anne painfully.

Luke smiled at her remarks before commenting: "Well, I at least want to achieve the same status as our other deceased sister."

Anne shook her head at his comment before replying with a sigh: "Stop thinking of sacrificing yourself. You should rather try to leave this place with us."

Lowering his head, Luke apologized for his comment. While he did that, Anne dozed off in mere seconds.

With a smile, Luke petted the back of her head before giving her forehead a kiss.

'You are becoming more and more like our older deceased sister,' thought Luke as he closed his eyes.

Luke knew he owed Rados an explanation for what had happened earlier. But at the moment, he was just tired and wanted to continue sleeping.

An hour later, a young child woke up while groaning loudly. Seeing the gaze of two nonfamiliar people, Maurice was in shock as he immediately searched for his siblings. But when he saw how Anne fell asleep on Luke's chest, he had to smile as it reminded him of their childhood. However, his smile didn't last for that long as he soon discovered Luke's badly amputated leg.

In mere seconds a tinge of shame-filled his heart.

'If I was useful… I could have prevented such a thing from happening.'

But before the young lad could further delve into his despair, Rados called: "Young lad, you must be hungry, come hear and eat. We expect to hear a story from you about what happened earlier."

Leo, the man next to him, laughed at his comment.

To be honest, I didn't plan on rushing the chapter out as I planned on letting a fellow author friend of mine edit the chapter, since I wanted to put more focus onto it. Well, unfortunately a few things came in between and in the end I opted to upload it now, instead of waiting for like a few more days till he finds time to edit it, sigh.

Anyway here is another chapter and I must admit that writing emotional stuff is not my strength, well writing isn't really my strength but well… some peeps seems to enjoy reading it and I enjoy telling my story. 

Spoiler

I hope you like it and well I shall continue with my nap.^^

[collapse]
0