24. You damn idiot
39 7 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the edge of the forest, which bordered a forest meadow, Az stood in the armor of bones. He held his bow with his left hand while slowly pulling an arrow out of his quiver with his right hand. A group of cattle was grazing at a distance of fewer than 50 meters from him, and Az target was one of them. He pulled the string of his bow slowly to the end while taking a deep breath of fresh air.  His heart was beating in his throat from the excitement he was about to experience. Not even a moment later, the arrow shot from his bow and hit one of the muscular bovines grazing in peace on the chest. He mooed loudly and slowly ran in Az's direction, who calmly drew the next arrow from the quiver and fired it. Az was aiming for the head, but this time he hit one of the thighs.

"Well, it looks like I have to practice aiming," Az commented and shot a third arrow, but it missed the bull. The bull was now less than 20 meters away, and Az put his bow quickly away and reached for his spear. "Shit, I better not get hit. He's quite fast," went through Az's head before he decided to run.

Az could be seen running through the forest while being followed by a bull running after him.

Three skeletons watched the action amused on the trees. Each of them held a weapon in their hands, ready to jump in if Az ended up in mortal danger.

"I hope our young lord realizes he can't outrun a bull," Otaz commented while a scythe leaned against his shoulder. Simaev, holding a tense bow and aiming at the bull, only replied, "I bet you 100 gold coins we have to jump in." "Well then, I'll bet you 100 gold coins that we don't have to," Otaz replied. "You both know we don't have 100 gold coins," the two heard Ogron reply.

"Didn't we forbid him to use magic spells of any kind," Ogron commented? "If I remember correctly, yes. Well, it's only a defensive spell anyway. Maybe he wanted to get closer to us with such a funny outfit," Simaev replied. "Now that I think about it, the armor only hinders his running," Otaz interjected.

"Shit, shit," screeched Az, who could almost feel the breath of the angry bull on his neck. Unfortunately for him, he was hit by the bull and thrown into the air. In mid-air, he landed crashing on a tree two meters above the ground. "Urgh, that hurts. I certainly broke a few bones with it," Az muttered as he laid on a branch.  The bull ran into the tree and the tree shook at regular intervals.

Az positioned himself and just whispered the spell [rot] {verrote} and the tip of his spear lit up black.

After casting the spell, Az jumped down and stabbed the bull's back with his spear. The bull cried out in pain and threw him off his back.  Az, holding on to the spear, heard the breaking of the spear before the bull's horns bore against his chest. His armor absorbed the blow, but you could see how his armor was breaking more and more. Az was thrown into the air by the bull one more time.  But this time Az heard a shot whistle that pierced the bull's skull.

"Eyy I almost killed him," he cursed loudly in the direction. "The only thing you almost killed was yourself," Az heard Ogron comment behind him. "Az, my lord next time you will surely defeat it. For now, we should take care of your injuries," Otaz said to comfort him.

"I'm fine," Az interjected. "I'm sure you are," Otaz replied, poking Az, who immediately cried out in pain. "See? And now take off your fancy armor," Otaz commented, already holding a first aid kit in his hand.

From a distance, three men could be heard talking to each other. "Is a damn skeleton just using a first aid kit on a simple mage apprentice? How the hell did a mage's apprentice get such a high-ranking skeleton," commented one of the men whom we will call number 1.

"Maybe he's the son of a noble household that specialized in necromancer magic for generations," number 2 interjected.

"Guys, I think we can sell such information for a great price to a mage who focuses in the field of necromancer magic," replied number 3 excitedly.  "Yeah, you're right. You better go ahead and notify our employer, who is also a mage or something. Me and number 2 will keep watching the group," replied man number 1.

 

The two continued to watch the group of skeletons. "Let's kidnap their master. Maybe then they will listen to us," whispered number 2. Man number 1 nodded and the two crept closer to the group.

Not ten meters from the group, the two heard arrows flying at them, which nailed them to trees. The two cried out in pain. "Well, well, well who do we have here," Ogron commented as he pressed his spear against the neck of one of the men. "Please don't do this to us," number 1 replied, weeping as blood gushed from the wound in his shoulder. "We are innocent," Number 2 interjected. "I will decide your innocence, not you," Ogron commented, stabbing Number 1 in the upper arm.

"Why did you approach us secretly," interjected Simaev who was ready to fire another arrow at any time.

"Out of fear," replied number 1. Ogron, who was getting impatient, stated: "last chance, or you die."

"What's happening," asked Az, who was lying on the ground. "Nothing, nothing," replied Otaz in a hurry.

Number 1 didn't seem to answer, and Ogron said: "If that's the way you want it, I'll do it." Within a second, Ogron's spear could be seen piercing Number 1's upper body several times. Number 1 couldn't even cry out in pain before he died. The only thing you saw was a man with more holes than a Swiss cheese and blood slowly pouring out of his holes.

"Let's move on to you," Ogron replied with a grin as he turned to number 2, who was so scared that he peed his pants. "God please protect me," number 2 stuttered.

"God will definitely not be on your side. Talk or you'll end up like your dead comrade," Ogron interjected. "All right. We wanted to kidnap the boy so we could control you," Number 2 replied. "So that's how it is. Any last words?" commented Ogron while resting his spear against his shoulder. "Can you let me live?" asked number 2. "No," replied Ogron coldly while piercing his heart. Number 2 spat out blood and reached for the spear. "I can't die, I have children," he whispered softly as the power left his body. "And I must protect my master," Ogron commented before pulling out his spear.

"We're leaving right now. We can't stay here anymore. Pack up the meat," shouted Ogron to Az. "Ehm, as for the meat," muttered Az pointing at the rotting bull. "I'm sorry. I think the spell was the wrong decision," said Az, who was getting quieter and quieter as he spoke.

"You damned idiot. Well, no meat for you," commented Ogron. "Use its bones for your armor if you want," Ogron added quickly.

1