26. From fat to thin to fat again
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took them three hours for the group made of three overweight teenagers to find their first mutant victims.

Within the three hours, the group of three lost weight and now looked like three ordinary overweight teenagers. At the same time, you could see the first changes.

Luke was now able to control the bones he had absorbed earlier. Even though his control was primitive, he was still capable of growing a pointed stable bone through his hand. At the same time, he was able to encase his body in bones.  Evie, on the other hand, was only getting physically stronger. Gab, on the other hand, only became a bit more agile.

The mutants no longer looked like humans. Their former white skin was now slightly yellow, with several blue and red swellings all over the body.

They seemed to have a small amount of fat on their bodies because their muscles and pulsating veins could be seen very clearly from a distance.

Most of them possessed a third eye on their forehead, which was closed.

On some of them, you could see mutations, like the development of another arm or two, which were still in primitive stages. Others had a strange tail that dragged on the ground while they ran. Others of them had large pieces of skin hanging off their arms.

In any case, it was not a pretty sight.

"How should we continue," whispered Gab to the rest as he looked at the group of twenty mutants. "Maybe we should attack them immediately," replied Luke. "No, we don't even know how much our strength has grown," replied Gab, before stating: "Let's use the same tactics Alex would have used in such a situation." "And they are," asked Luke, annoyed. "First, we will attack with our crossbows. After they start to run at us, we will disperse. After that, you can try to fight them directly. But remember, they aren't the brightest. If we don't allow them to overrun any of us, we should be able to beat them." Evie nodded, and all of them reloaded their crossbows.

All of them aimed at the mutants who were minding their own business, and only after Gab whispered: "Fire," did the group shot. Two of the mutants fell down after the arrows bored through their heads.

The mutants started screaming out loud before immediately looking at the group. "Reload," commanded Gab before shouting fire again.

The mutants started running, and Gab just shouted, "Disperse." Everyone listened to his command. Gab, himself ran to the right side and continued to load his crossbow. "I should be able to shoot another time till they reach me," went through Gab's head. A group of four mutants was already running with loud screeches after Gab. He fired and hit one of them in the chest. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to stop the mutant from running. " Screw it. My ax should be enough," Gab thought and packed it up in a hurry while running.

Luke, on the other hand, ran directly at the group of skeletons. He stabbed a bone through the neck of one of the mutants. His bone armor protected him from these filthy animals, who couldn't even touch him.

He simply ignored the mutants while slowly reaching out for one mutant at the time before stabbing them with his bones. Sure, the mutants tore off a few bones of his armor, but Luke cut off their head one at a time since he was only fighting a lot of mutants at once.

Evie, on the other hand, killed two more mutants while running with her crossbow. When only three more mutants remained at the end, she switched to her sword and shield. The first thing she did was throw one of the mutants away after blocking his attempt while at the same time swinging her sword. Each of her strokes was strong enough to chop a limb at a time. While fighting, she slowly grew fond of her new powers and enjoyed slowly torturing the mutants, cutting all of their limbs before ending their misery.

Only Gab seemed to struggle a bit since he was the one whose buff was negligible at worst. Of course, he became faster, but he has now reached the level where he can keep up with the mutants who appear to be inexhaustible.

After pulling out his ax and shield, Gab swung the ax backward, regularly hitting some mutants. Luke, sitting on a pile of dead mutants, aimed at one of the mutants running behind Gab. "Gab, hurry up," Luke shouted, yawning, as he hit one in the neck, which toppled over even though he, unfortunately, didn't stab it. "I'll do my best, and thanks, Luke," Gab called back, swinging his ax full force at one of the mutants. His blow was strong enough to separate his skull from his torso.

"Finally. Only three left," Gab muttered as he blocked the next mutant's attack with his shield. After blocking, he struck again, but his blow only drilled deep into his shoulder. Gab forgot that he was up against three and not in a one versus one fight. "Shit," went through Gab's head as he felt hands grabbing his body. The nails of these monsters were digging into Gab's flesh, and he began to desperately strike with his ax to no avail. He managed to kill another one. Unfortunately, he fell to the ground as he tried to run away. Evie and Luke, fortunately, shot down the two other mutants that pounced on him.

"Thank you," Gab breathed out loud while his body was covered in scratches. Evie ran up to Gab to check on him immediately. "I thought for a moment we were going to lose you," Evie muttered. "I'm not going to die that quickly," Gab replied with a smile. "Boy, you almost died right in front of us," Luke interjected aloud. "Whatever. Let's take care of the dead mutants," Evie interjected and the two just nodded. It only took a little while for the three to absorb either blood, bones, or their flesh. After doing that, three fat people could be seen.

"This is so gross," Evie cursed before interjecting: "It just tastes like rotten meat." Gab just nodded in response. "Well, it doesn't taste like anything to me," Luke replied while scratching his skull with one of the bones. "That's because you only ingest bones," Gab and Evie interjected in chorus.

"Yes, you're right. By the way, Gab, I hope you're on our level soon. It won't be possible for us to look after you the whole time. You're not only putting yourself at risk but also us," Luke commented coldly.

Gab just looked to the side out of shame before muttering, "Don't worry. I don't plan on staying weak for long." Evie, on the other hand, gently grabbed Gab's hand while whispering in his ear, "I'll gladly protect you." "Thank you. I appreciate it a lot that you are willing to go so far," Gab replied softly, as he smiled at her.

Evie just giggled before saying, "We should take care of your wounds for a minute so they don't get infected." In the end, all you could hear was Gab's loud shrieking and the giggles of the others as they rubbed alcohol on his wounds.

 

Dear readers or although hey to the one person who has read up to this chapter.^^

First of all, I'm sorry that the quality of the chapters is a bit low. The quality will improve over time. I also hope you can forgive me for that for the time being.  As of uploading this chapter, I have edited up to chapter 11. It will probably take some time till I catch up with the latest chapter. Normally whenever I edit I add between 300–600 words to the initial chapter while also correcting as many spelling mistakes as possible. 

 

1