37. Do you three want to serve me?
27 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the group left the old lady's house with Az, whose broken bones had healed, they went back into the forest. Meanwhile, Az could not wait to win against a bull. "But why do you want to fight a bull so badly," sighed Ogron, the strongest of Az's skeletons. "It's a matter of pride," Az replied with a bright smile. "But shouldn't you recover first? I mean that way, you would be more likely to win against such a beast," Otaz asked Az.

"You're right, but I want to fight it now," Az replied firmly. "Alright. But if you lose, you will train until I am satisfied with you," Ogron replied coldly while his glowing eyes shone under the helmet.

"I agree with that. But if I win, then I want to. Hmm, then I want... well, I'll think about that later," Az commented, and it didn't take long for him to arrive back at the pasture.

But this time, Az didn't choose to play fair because he smeared paralyzing agents on his arrows right from the start.  Sure, it will take a while for them to be effective on a bull, but it's better than nothing.

His target was a black bull with horns bigger than Az's head.

From a distance, he pulled the string of his bow as far as it would go, just like last time, and fired several arrows at rapid speed.  Before the bull could cry out in pain, several arrows pierced his body. Az shot another 10 arrows before the bull came near him. One of his arrows penetrated the bull's eye, which partially obstructed his vision. The bull, however, did not let any pain affect him and continued to run toward Az.

Compared to last time, Az did not run away from the bull. He rather decided to stand still.

"What the hell is he doing. If he gets hit by such an animal once, he will die," muttered a mage standing on a branch and Az. "Well, hopefully, he dies. If he gets hit by such an animal once, he will die," muttered a mage standing on a branch and Az. "Then it should be easier to get control over his three loyal warriors," he muttered with a smile.

Az, who clutched his spear tightly in his hand, only dodged at the last moment when the bull ran at him. At the same time, he pressed the tip of the spear against the bull's body. This action resulted in a gash due to the bull running past Az. Blood splattered on Az, and he just smiled.

"If I had used my spell from last time, this beast would have died long ago," Az muttered and prepared for the next attack. The bull roared again and ran towards Az again. However, the latter only repeated his action. It didn't take long for the bull to attack slower and slower due to bleeding and the effect of the paralyzing substance.

"Heheheh, what do you say now, Ogron," Az replied while standing with his foot on the bull's skull. "Not bad, but you forgot something," Ogron just sighed. "And that would be," Az asked. "The guild mission was a dead bull with little to no body injuries. The one who requested that mission wanted to use their hide for suede. Yours is littered with injuries. They won't take yours.," Ogron questioned with a sigh.

"But, But I've put a lot of effort into slaying such a beast," Az sighed. "Yes, but putting effort into something is only half the battle. Sometimes you need some luck to succeed," Ogron replied, stroking Az's hair. "You still did well. We were afraid we'd have to jump in to help you," Otaz whispered in Az's ear. "Hehehe, I can handle everything by myself," Az replied and made himself comfortable.

The mage who watched the group of three from a tree trunk crept closer and closer to the group.

"If I understood it correctly, then these skeletons possess a certain degree of intelligence. They are the rarest type of skeletons. Every necromancer can awaken a dead person as a skeleton. But there is one problem. Does the soul want to serve the necromancer? If you are strong enough, you can force them to obey you. But such skeletons usually do not serve weaker ones. They do their own thing. But why do the three of them act like this boy is their master? Is he perhaps a noble? Anyway, don't let that distract you. Moreover, they are masters in some fields. The thought of how I make them mine and how they serve me until the end of my life excites me," the mage murmured and stroked his beard with a wide smile.

Sadly, his daydreams were interrupted with several arrows bouncing off his mana shell. "Such simple spells won't work on me," he replied with a smile and summoned a bone amour.

"I, Satoshi, offer you three the chance to serve a much better lord. I hope you take the chance," Satoshi replied with a smile. "Not interested," the three replied in chorus, and Ogron ran towards him with his spear in hand. "Well, I'll just kill the young one and be done with it," he muttered, summoning water around Az's head. Before Az could call for help, his head was underwater.

Ogron, noticing what just happened, just gritted his teeth and threw his spear in Satoshis direction.

You could hear how his throw broke the sound barrier, and although Satoshi was wearing bone armor, he still got nailed to the ground by the spear.

Furious, he created several spears out of water and fired them towards Az. Unfortunately, Simaev shot the spears down with her arrows and made sure they didn't fly towards Az.

"Well, well, well, what have we here?" asked Ogron, who saw a bleeding mage lying on the ground.

"A simple, intermediate mage dares to attack our master," Otaz commented with a sneer, brandishing his scythe. In the end, you could only hear the cawing of the birds and saw from afar a flock of birds leaving the trees.

1