49. Be patient, my child.
13 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a while, Az got bored because he slowly lost his patience holding water in the air. He, therefore, decided to move the mass with his thoughts and experiment around.

"Honestly. I wish I had listened to Luz, my older brother, and trained mana control with him. But instead of that, I tried learning as many beginner magic spells of my element as possible," Az muttered to himself while trying to reshape the mass of water in the air.

It didn't work perfectly, but he managed to keep some of the shapes up from time to time. But in the end, the mass of water fell to the ground causing Az to get wet and further demotivating him. In the end, he let himself fall against a tree trunk to think about the element.

'Ok, where is the fault with the way I use the spell?' were the only thoughts that went through Az's head while he closed his eyes.

' I can only keep my spell in the air for a short time because I am overwhelmed to maintain my spells. But Satoshi's water balls were different from mine. The water used by him was constantly in motion. Maybe...' but before Az could finish his thoughts, he was woken up by a mass of water flying against his face.

"Eyy, little one. I barely leave you alone for a moment, and you're already napping. Tell me, what makes you depressed? Isn't it enough for you to know one more element?" asked Satoshi while spinning a small ball of water on his index finger.

"I just have too many expectations, and I'm already failing at forming things with water," Az told him dejectedly.

"I think it's more because you don't know much about magic. You just saw how an intermediate mage controls water and immediately compared yourself. You probably need people around your age to realize that beginner mages all have problems with magic control," Satoshi explained while shaking his head before continuing,

"Mana/magic control is the most important thing for a mage.  Most at your age are too impatient and give up quickly on magic control and tend to focus more on learning the spell for whichever form."

By now, Az was a little less bummed compared to a few minutes ago and asked Satoshi the following question: "Could you please at least tell me how you manage to control your Mana, Element?"

"Sure, always, but I'd rather suggest you experiment on your own because the proof of the pudding is in the eating," replied Satoshi, who directed Az to read the next few chapters.

"After reading it, I'll be happy with helping you out," he commented with yawning before moving on to his stuff.

"Hmm, I'm going to focus on Necromancer magic for the time being," Satoshi mumbled while turning the dead wolves all into his undead minions.

Well, I think it's about time I talk more about necromancer magic. How long one's soul remains in the body after their death depends on a few things.

First, how strong was the person/animal, and second, how big was the person's desire to continue living while dying.

The fact that almost anything can be reawakened into a skeleton or revived is the reason why assassins always destroy the souls of their victims in order to prevent such a thing from happening.

There are two ways to summon an Undead Minion. The first option is with a soul, while the second option would be without a soul.

If one uses the first option, one question remains.  How much control does the caster have over the soul of his minion?

With the latter, you raise a puppet, which only acts when you control its body. Mages rarely, if ever, use such minions, as they are just a puppet. Some of these minions are controlled with machines to create self-sustaining beings. But that's a story for another time.

However, when it comes to Minions that still have a soul, there are only three possibilities:

If the summoner is weak and has no control over the minion's soul, then the minion will gain complete control over itself. This method uses the least amount of mana, however, such a minion has free will and can decide what he wants to do and whether he wants to live.

If the summoner is marginally stronger or weaker than the summoned minion, he can make a soul contract that both parties must abide by.

Most soul contract only has a few clauses, such as how long the minion will serve and how far it's willing to go. For example, I'll serve under you for one year, but I won't kill innocent civilians.

If the summoner is much stronger than his minion, then it can force the minion to a soul contract which is similar to slavery. Such minions are the most mana intensive, as mana must be used regularly to prevent them from destroying their souls.

The wolves that Satoshi awoke as undead Minions were not the brightest and only understood through telepathy what they were supposed to do. He entered into a short contract with them that read as follows: "You serve me for a month as sniffer and watchdogs. I'll bury all of you after that."

Satoshi noticed one thing in the process. Necromancer magic seemed to use much less mana than before. "Ok, that's weird," he muttered while testing more spells. After a few minutes of testing, he was about one thing certain. He got a second talent, the Necromancer talent.

"Another talent is quite a nice thing. Now I have both the Water and Necromancer talents," Satoshi muttered while creating an armor out of bones around his bones.

Once the armor completely encased his body, he continued, "Anyway, I noticed two problems. My mana regeneration is lower compared to before and mana will no longer contribute positively to the further development of my body. Well, I'll probably be more sensitive to the light and life element too, but we'll see about that."

1