57. space theory lesson part 2
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jodoc started the theory lesson with the following sentence: "There are two methods of getting better with space magic. The first method is by specializing in new areas of sub-disciplines. The latter method, on the other hand, is upgrading your old spells to your new magic level."

"If you want to improve your spells, there are three ways. With the first method, you simply use the spell more often," Jodoc told Luz while rapidly casting the spell [Spatial Disorder] ten times in a row within two seconds without blinking.

Luz was amazed at his speed, and Jodoc continued with, "In the second method, you control the mana input into the spell. Most of the time, factors such as the size, duration, shape, and the like are also changed. This way, you can increase the intensity of your spell."

Jodoc used the spell again, but this time it lasted ten seconds.

It was ten times the size of the previous one, and Luz was thrilled by it.

'To be honest, I might have a slight chance at contact with the first spell, but with the second spell, I definitely have no chance of surviving.'

The spell was quite transparent, but it was a lot more blurry than the previous spell. The blurriness one saw when looking at it was enough to give the spell away. 

"In the third method, you combine sub-disciplines of space control into your spell. Space magic is hard to master, but being well versed in at least one sub-discipline in space control will make you feared," Jodoc mentioned while handing Luz a nut, which he accepted with a nod.

'Why did he give me a nut???'

While Luz was trying to break it open, he interrupted Jodoc with the question: "What do you mean by sub-disciplines?

"Ice and vapor, for example, are sub-disciplines of water.

When it comes to spatial control, spatial disorder and spatial order both belong to the sub-discipline of spatial manipulation. Other sub-disciplines are gravitational magic or spatial teleportation." Jodoc continued while watching Luz with amusement, trying to open the nut he gave him.

"But I thought space teleportation was part of space manipulation?" asked Luz, confused.

"Yes, you're right. But by space manipulation, I was referring to the manipulation within a certain space volume itself. You can stretch and shrink space. But with space teleportation, you are manipulating two different spaces," Jodoc replied calmly.

Jodoc used the same spell again, but this time it was different. Instead of a spatial disorder, there was complete chaos. Parts of the environment were sucked into the destabilized place, and Luz was already afraid of it.

"This is one way you can change the spell," Jodoc replied with a smile.

'I can't wait to see what I'll be able to do later,' went through Luz's head as he rubbed his hands together.

Next, Jodoc visualized the other sub-disciplines. Though his visualizations were junk compared to Master Simon, they were sufficient, nonetheless.

One could see a group of a hundred stick figures appear.

The first spell caused each of them to be crushed due to the gravitational force at work.

The second spell decreased the space in which they were till all of the stick figures were crushed.

For the third spell, two scenes were shown. In the first scene, the heads of all the stick figures were teleported away, and in the second scene, the stick figures were teleported into lava.

"I would love to help you decide how best to proceed, but that decision is up to you. However, I have something for you that can be of assistance," Jodoc remarked with a smile as he pulled out three books from his inventory.

He handed them to Luz and said only: "I think it would be better if you focus on the sub-discipline of gravity control. Sure it's not as strong at your level as compared to Space Manipulation but it's easier to learn."

Luz accepted the three books with a grin that went from ear to ear and replied with a bow, "Thank you."

The three books were quite old and not in the best condition. Even their covers were covered with notes. Smiling, Luz read one of the notes aloud, "Get your hands off it if you want to remain happy."

The three books had the following titles: "Introduction to Space Control for Beginner Mages," "Introduction to Space Control for Apprentice Mages," and the last one was called "Introduction to Gravity Magic."

The first book was three times as thick as the second one. But neither of them could hold a candle to the latter book, which was about five times as thick as the first one.

'By the time I read through the third book, I'll be an adult... hahaha.'

Jodoc went with his claws around his beak before saying, " I think the first two books are the most important. I know that most of the book is just some boring theory stuff. However, it would still be of great help to you if you read the book called [Introduction to Space Magic for Apprentice Mages]. Sure, you kind of taught yourself space magic with a book for master mages, but it's better if you try to fill in all the gaps.

Oh, by the way, you don't need to read the whole book when it comes to the latter one. The book was meant for master mages because no one really tries to understand the discipline as a beginner."

Jodoc flew off after telling Luz that. Slowly Luz opened the second book out of curiosity.

The book was bound in leather, and the pages already had a soft yellow color.

"Interesting... All the books I have received from Master Simon so far were mass printed. This is the first book that someone has written by hand," Luz murmured, looking at the notes in the margins of the book.

After thirty minutes of reading under a tree, Luz closed the book and his eyes.

Most of the things align with my understanding. But the notes in the page margins are more useful than the texts itself.'

All at once, the beating of wings was heard, and Jodoc landed on a branch above Luz.

"Hmm?" emitted Luz.

"I forgot to tell you something. Master Simon and I are away for the next few weeks. It would be nice if you read the first two books by then," Jodoc stated before flying off.

1