58. an interesting surprise
13 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hehehe. I'll definitely enjoy the time," Luz muttered, putting his book aside.

'I'll continue reading tonight before I go to bed.'

'Let's take care of the soul contract first. I signed it but haven't enforced my rights yet.'

He visualized the contract in his head and ordered the five princes to be silent for the next ten hours.

Luz entered Master Simon's tower and went to the second floor, where his guest room was. Luz was supposed to sleep in the room with the rest of his roommates every day, but Master Simon's guest room was like a dream.

There are two reasons why it is tolerated. First Luz was still on vacation and secondly, Master Simon wanted Luz to be close to him so he could intervene in case of an emergency.

His new room was as big as the old room he shared with his four siblings in the village. The walls were white, and his room had only a closet, a bookcase, and a bed.

Master Simon had thought of everything, and in the closet, there were three pairs of work uniforms and simple leather armor with a crossbow and a sword with a shield.

"Thank you, Master Simon, for your generosity," Luz replied with a grin. As he took out his work uniform, he saw something strange from the corner of his eye.

It looked like a mini freezer, and on it was a small letter. Curious, Luz opened the letter sealed by a wax stamp with a bird on it.

"That looks like Jodoc, hmm," Luz commented while looking at the stamp.

Luz was holding an A4 sheet that Jodoc himself had written.

'How did he even write it? Anyway, time to read the letter.'

"Dear Luz...

here's a fridge with 480 grams of meat. I haven't forgotten about it don't worry. You can eat chunks of it anytime. Oh, and I've set it so that you cannot take more than 20 grams at a time within 5 hours. Enjoy your meal.

Before I forget, you can put your stuff into the freezer as well,"

Luz readout and opened the freezer.

The meat was frozen, but he still threw a piece in his mouth and swallowed it.

"Urgh. Anyway, that should satisfy the five princes for the time being," Luz muttered while he coughed at irregular intervals.

Wait, didn't a certain person want to go hunting with me? What was his name again? Oh yes, it was Francis. He wanted to go hunting with me after I'm a beginner mage, right'?

From that moment, it was clear to Luz what his goal was for today, and he hurried in uniform to the canteen, hoping to meet Francis there.

Francis was sitting there with his two cronies. He couldn't help but gasp at the sight of Luz with his tray, which was just loaded with exotic dishes and meat.

"Long time no see," Francis said with a smile as he stood up. Nodding, Luz just put down his tray and hugged him.

"Wait a minute, our Luz is a beginner mage now." Francis remarked with a laugh, patting Luz on the shoulder with a smile before mentioning, "I have heard you are going hunting with us soon."

"Of course, my brother, but before that, I want to register with the guild," Luz replied, also patting Francis on the shoulder.

"You don't know the city anyway. Let me be your city guide. That way, we can stop on the way and buy something to eat," Francis commented with a smile.

"You're the best, but I think we should eat first. Otherwise, our meals will get cold," Luz replied, and the two sat down.

After Luz finished his plate, one of the two girls asked in surprise, "Are you sure one plate is enough? You're known to eat five plates at least here."

The other people at the table, as well as, Luz just had to laugh heartily. After Luz had cleaned his lips with a napkin, he replied with a smile, "Not today, because I've already had breakfast."

Francis and Luz got up, deciding to leave Master Brian's estate in their working clothes.

On the way, they said goodbye to the butler, and Luz saw the city for the first time how it looked in the afternoon.

The streets were big, and people in various outfits walked everywhere on the streets. Every now and then, a coachman appeared whose cart was pulled either by horses or other monsters. Along the sides were the stores, which had store windows. The atmosphere was noisy, and it was not long before someone bumped into Luz, who was standing still.

"Move over," cursed a voice.

Francis, seeing Luz overwhelmed with the situation, grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him to the side of the road.

'What's wrong with the boy?' Francis wondered before asking with a smile, "You seem overwhelmed. Could it be that this is your first time in a city?"

"Sort of, yes, Master Brian did show me around the city at night, but there weren't such large crowds outside at the time. There are truly a lot of people here," Luz replied, pressing his hands against a shop window.

"I feel like a mother instead of someone offering a city tour," sighed Francis pulling Luz from the shop window. "That's rude, my dear," said Jodoc only before continuing with, " You'd better hold my hand on a no homo base, so I don't lose you here yet."

"I think we'd better skip the city tour and go straight to the guild to complete your registration," said Francis, who held Luz by the hand and dragged him along with him like a child.

The two hurried and even walked through a city market where the number of people was much greater than before, it was also much louder, and one could hear the loud shouting of people.

"We can visit the market next week," Francis added.

I have to tell Master Brian about this. He should send Luz from now on to the city preferably with an escort so that he learns the urban life,' went through Francis's head while the two arrived at the guild building only after 10 minutes through the city center.

The building was three stories high and much larger than the rest of the buildings in the city.

Smiling, Francis announced, "We're here," and they both entered. Inside, the atmosphere was lively. People were sitting on benches all over the guild to eat and drink. The walls were made of dark oak and were decorated with the heads of different monsters.

Uncertainly Luz entered, and the waving of the guild receptionist from the other side gave him a sign where to go.

Hastily he hurried there to her as Francis slowly strolled after him.

"This is your first time here, isn't it?" the receptionist asked with a warm smile that would melt anyone's frozen heart. Her hair was a beautiful brunette, and she was around the same age as Luz.

"Yes, it is, and I wanted to register. I heard that you can make some money through guild missions," Luz replied.

"You can make good money here, but let's get to the sign-up. What is your name, young man?" asked the receptionist.

Luz gave her all the necessary information, but the last question she asked shocked him.

"Do you happen to know a person whose first name is Az?" the receptionist asked while wearing her reading glasses.

Hearing the name, a tear ran down Luz's cheek.

 

Sorry that it took so long before we saw any interaction between the siblings. Hopefully, that's an interesting and realistic way of finding out that one of your siblings is still alive.

1