59. writing a letter
11 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luz stood shocked, and the receptionist asked him several times, "Do you know him?! Do you know him?!"

The first tears began rolling down his cheeks, and with difficulty, he managed to say, "Yes... he's my brother. Do you happen to know him?"

Luz stepped closer, and the receptionist recoiled.

"No, no, of course not. But he asked the guild network to send a message to anyone with the same last name and the first name: "Luz," "Ralph," "Gab," or "Michael."

Luz's heart went to his throat, and trembling, he tensely asked if he could read the message.

"Of course, you may, but it will cost you something for the printout," said the receptionist smiling again.

"The guy next to me will cover the cost," Luz replied without batting an eye and reached for the letter. Francis was taken aback and wanted to say something, but he kept silent reading the text on the paper with Luz.

Unfortunately, it was not a handwritten letter, but only a piece of paper with text in block letters.

While Luz was holding the letter, a tear fell on it, and he began to read it aloud, trembling.

"Dear siblings,

I miss you all. I pray that you are well and safe. I also wish that we can all see each other again soon.

I am fine, but I'm feeling lonely since we parted ways. I have three followers who protect me from all dangers, so don't worry.

I know that I am a child and that I should consider myself lucky to have survived. But I want to see you all again soon. Please write me back after receiving this message, because I'm still anxious to find out if my brothers are still alive...

By the way, I expect gifts or souvenirs from all of you from the places where you are. Please let me know where you all are. I want to reunite with you all as fast as possible.

Sincerely, your little brother Az."

Luz sobbed softly with a smile and murmured: "At least I know now that one of my siblings is still alive".

Out of joy, he hugged Francis who was trying to push him away.

"I'm glad that one of your siblings is okay. But please don't hug me when your face is covered in tears. My uniform is getting dirty because of you," Francis cursed with a laugh.

The receptionist who heard everything asked with a smile, "I understand that you are happy, but maybe you should write him back because your brother is probably waiting anxiously for a response."

"I would like to send him a letter and not a simple text message," Luz answered with a smile while wiping away his tears.

The receptionist was shocked and bent over the counter to tell him, "It'll cost just to let you know."

Luz didn't even blink an eye, and Francis whispered in his ear, "You know it can get expensive. I can't pay for something like that."

Luz nodded quietly and took the yellow mana crystal out of his pants before calmly placing it on the counter. Francis and the receptionist were both shocked. The only thought they shared was, 'How the hell did you get your hands on something like that? A simple servant shouldn't be able to afford something like that.'

"Luz, you didn't steal that from Master Brian, right?" asked Francis quietly, and Luz shook his head.

"No, Master Simon gave it to me," Luz said before continuing, "That should be enough, shouldn't it?"

The receptionist just gulped and replied, "That's more than enough for several letters."

"Well then, please change the mana crystal into several small ones," Luz said patiently.

She handed Luz nine bright orange mana crystals, which Luz gratefully accepted.

" The two of you follow me. I think it would be better if you finish your letter in a quiet side room," said the receptionist with a wink before leading them both behind the counter.

The corridors through which they passed were much cleaner and quieter. Sometimes they encountered the occasionally confused guild employee who was puzzled by the view of two workers.

"They must be thinking what two simple workers like us are doing here," Francis commented, and Luz had to chuckle slightly.

"We're here," the receptionist announced as she opened the door.

The walls of the room were made of black oak and a sofa, as well as a wooden table, was in front of them. Symbols and beautiful runic patterns were carved into the wooden table, and the two sat down.

"I will come back in half an hour. I hope that will be enough for you to finish writing your letter," the receptionist announced before leaving the room.

Luz dropped down on the soft sofa and stroked his hand over it as well as over the carved pattern of the wooden table. The sun shone from a window onto the table. A pile of blank pages as well as several quills and a small inkwell were lying in front of him.

Slowly he took a sheet and dipped the tip of the nib into the ink. Luz wasn't well versed when it came to writing with a feather. That's why he covered the tip of his feather with mana to increase his fine-tune.

Trembling, he began to write:

"Dear Az,

Your eldest brother is doing well. He is in the care of a master mage and now has a job. Meanwhile, I have caught up with you and am now a beginner mage like you. You don't have to worry about me.

I just want to tell you that I am proud of you. You survived until now and came up with the idea of using the guild network to contact all of us.

I am looking forward to our future reunion, and your mail calms my heart since now I know that at least one of us is doing well.

I would love to pack all my things and leave to find you, but I don't have enough money for the trip yet. I am here in the city [which I have not yet chosen] on Master Brian's estate.

Visit me there. Tell the butlers that you are the younger brother of Luz, and they will welcome you.

I look forward to your response, and hopefully, you can read your older brother's writing. ;)

By any chance, have our remaining siblings responded to you?

I'm still worried about them.

Sincerely, your eldest brother Luz."

After Luz finished the letter, he had to sigh loudly. "Sorry Francis, that it took me so long."

"Oh, that's okay. Now that we know you are lacking money, you will have to go hunting with us regularly," Francis replied, rubbing his hands together.

"Yes, I will be your fourth group member," Luz sighed before adding, "Just until I find one of my siblings again. Then I'll have other things to do."

"No, my dear friend, he will join us then," Francis replied with a laugh.

1