60. leaving the guild.
17 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The receptionist came back in after a short while and took the letter. "The letter will find its way into Az's hands in a few days. Be prepared to receive Az's reply within a week," she said, and Luz nodded.

The three left the room, and on the way, Francis asked, "Is it enough if Luz shows he can use spells to get his rank?"

"Yes, of course, if he only wants to have a temporary rank that expires within 2 months, it will be enough," the receptionist answered. Luz used the spell [Spatial Disorder] without blinking.

"Is that enough?" Luz asked while holding his hand in front of his mouth and yawning.

"Yes, that should do it," she replied in shock, adding, "You are now Adventure rank E, which is the equivalent of a new beginner mage. For a higher mage rank, you would have to complete missions and a test battle."

The receptionist accompanied the two to the counter before disappearing briefly. It wasn't long before she reappeared with a guild card and a bronze rune emblem. On the emblem, the letter E appeared in red when stroked with a finger.

Francis paid the fees for Luz, and they both left the guild. But on the way out, someone tripped Luz, and he toppled to the ground.

"Eyy, what the hell are you doing," Francis cried out angrily, already holding his knife.

Two men stood in front of him who also both had knives.

Another man pressed his foot against Luz's head.

"Because I don't want to see people like you two here. Simple servants who are most likely slaves have no business here," replied the voice whose foot pressed against Luz's head.

The dirt of his soles fell on Luz's hair, and you could see how Luz's mood was already in the toilet. He was slowly running out of patience.

"Give me the mana crystals. I saw that you have 9 orange ones. If you don't give them to me right now, I'll tell the authorities that you stole them from me," the person threatened mockingly.

Two people, however, held Francis back. A loud voice shouted, "Get the hell away from the entrance. I don't want to see any ruckus in front of the guild."

"We'll be gone in a minute," the person replied.

Luz, on the other hand, replied coldly with his eyes closed:

"If you don't hand me 10 gold coins right now as compensation, it will cost you your foot."

The person just laughed out loud, and Luz muttered the spell [spatial disorder] while grabbing the ankle of the person that was pressing against his head.

A loud cracking of bones resounded through the room before it was surpassed by the ugly screech of a person falling over.

The person shrieked loudly. People from the guild looked in horror at the prone person. Blood and flesh dripped onto Luz's head, and a severed leg from the ankle fell off Luz's head.

Luz, on the other hand, slowly stood up and his throbbing veins, which were almost bursting from anger, were clearly visible on his face.

In front of him laid a boy who was around 3 years younger than him and wore expensive clothes. His clothes were torn on one leg and smeared with blood and dirt.

The boy howled for a minute while using fire magic to scar the wound. He stared at Luz with bloodshot eyes. Several emotions could be seen on him ranging from anger to horror.

His inferiority as a fire mage to the space magicians was obvious.

"What have you done, you idiot," he stuttered fearfully, holding his wound.

You could see a splintered bone with pieces of flesh missing and a large blood pool forming under him that mixed with the dirt.

Luz, however, ignored his question and announced with an outstretched hand, "That'll be 30 gold coins."

"But that was 10 gold coins just now," stammered the boy who had clean brown hair and a slender body.

"That was 10 gold coins before I used the spell," Luz replied coldly with an outstretched hand.

The other two men looked fearfully at Luz before deciding to run toward him.

Luz only muttered "[Water]." and created two water bubbles around the heads of his two followers.

'I should learn space magic too. That shit seems OP. Since when has Luz's mana control gotten so good???' wondered Francis, who just had to gulp at the view.

' Eat them...' Luz heard the parasites whispering in his mana core and just shook his head.

In front of Luz in the air were two men whose heads were in a ball of water, desperately trying to remove it. None of the two could perform a spell in such a situation, leaving them to Luz's mercy.

"Thirty gold coins?" Commented Luz coldly while poking holes in the young nobleman with his stares.

"Here...," he said, tossing a bag. When Luz saw that it contained more than just 30 gold coins, he commented, "That's enough to save the lives of your two comrades."

The two men fell to the ground, soaking wet and gasping for air.

"I will have my revenge," the boy shouted, but Luz only replied with a smile, "By limping after a servant like a cripple for the rest of your life?"

Before Francis followed Luz, he coldly stated, "If your family wants to resolve the situation, then they can arrange an appointment with Master Brian."

The young one's look was only more filled with horror, considering that Master Brian was known in this city. The degree of power he truly held was unknown to most. But no one wanted to become the victim for the answer to that.

As Luz continued to walk with Francis, more pieces of flesh fell from his head, and blood dripped down.

People looked at Luz in disgust, and Francis summoned water to clean Luz's head.

"Thank you," Luz said, and the two walked home in silence.

"There will very definitely be trouble," Francis sighed as the two were immediately taken to Master Brian.

While standing at the door to Master Brian's office, the two felt the tension in the air.

Slowly they entered, and the two fell to their knees. The pressure that acted on the two was too strong to resist.

"Tell me, what happened this time," a cold voice commanded, and the pressure on the two only increased.

"Luz has become...," but before Francis could continue, he was interrupted by Luz. "Let me tell it. Master Simon gave me a yellow mana crystal, which I used at the guild to send a letter to one of my siblings. Outside the guild, someone tried to rob me, and I fought back after a warning."

"Francis is what Luz just told me true," Master Brian's voice boomed.

Master Brian knew from the beginning if Luz was telling the truth or not. However, he wanted to hear Francis answer to that.

"Yes... They were going to attack us with knives, and Luz saved my life and his own... I, myself, told him that his family should find you...," Francis gasped.

"At least that," sighed Master Brian and dropped down on the couch. " Nothing but chaos is brought to me by you two. Why can't you bring me any luck," Master Brian cursed before continuing with, "Luz, go take a shower. I'll talk to Francis. Don't worry about what happened today."

"Master Luz...," Francis started before getting interrupted by Brian's laughter.

"I'm not called by that name, and I think it's a little too early to call him that," Master Brian replied, amused.

"True. I just wanted to say that it would be better if Luz had to work in the city. He seems to have little to no experience there," Francis shared, and Master Brian just stroked his chin.

"I understand. Thank you for passing it on to me. Oh, and also, thank you for doing anything at all with Luz," Master Brian commented.

"Even without your request, I would have done things with him," Francis admitted before leaving the room.

 

the last chapter I'll be uploading today. I've also edited chapter 13, improving the readability of the chapter a bit. Tomorrow I'll be focussing on editing chapter 14 and 15.

1