65. maybe, it never was a normal hunt
19 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The human being walked towards the group while asking in amazement, "Brother?~ Brother~, why don't you answer me? You know very well that you can't hide from them forever?"

She periodically began to giggle slightly.

"What the hell is going on here?" cursed Francis, and Luz shouted, "I don't know who you are but don't come any closer, or we'll shoot."

"So this is how you treat your older sister?~" the creature gave out with a laugh.

"Luz, who the hell is that?" asked Anne, pointing her crossbow slowly at Luz.

A shiver went down Luz's spine, and he muttered, "I don't have a sister, I never had a sister," while slightly grabbing his hair out of nervousness.

Francis, on the other hand, reached out to grasp Anne's crossbow while swearing loudly, "Are you retarded, or do I still have to teach you how to treat comrades?"

On the other hand, Alice and the former group leader were on Anne's side.

The group fell into chaos. Was Luz a spy who belonged to these monsters? Is the woman simply trying to stir up trouble? Is this even a human being, or is it a monster that only had the shape and voice of a woman?

Luz threatened: "If one of you makes a stupid move, I will kill the person. While he threatened them, he let mana whirl through his hands at regular intervals.

"Hey, calm down and leave Luz alone. He's innocent," Francis shouted to calm the situation. 

Even though he failed at it.

While the group was in chaos, the female-only continued to walk towards them,  commenting, "Brother,~ don't you see how they treat you? Wouldn't it be better to return to people who value your existence, brother?~"

On the other hand, Alice aimed at Francis, whispering coldly, "He and innocent? Don't you see that his sister is responsible for all the chaos here?"

"I never had a sister," Luz cursed bitterly.

'Why? Why me, of all people? Why are they willing to sacrifice me so fast? I never did anything to them and I even helped Anne and Alice. I mean, I get it. We only went out hunting and aren't really friends. But damn, you all will all regret that choice.'

Rage and hatred slowly filled his head as his veins were almost popping out. His heart also started beating faster and faster since it was only a matter of time before he faced the girl or the wrath of his former comrades.

'At least Francis isn't willing to sacrifice me. You'll be the only one whom  I'll try to save no matter what,' were thoughts that went through his head as he and Francis were broth gradually forced out of the group.

"What are we going to do, Luz?" cursed Francis.

"I think if I kill them, they will believe me," Luz whispered and shot an arrow at the woman standing about 20 meters away from him.

A blue mana arrow shot at her, and she caught it with her hand, giggling.

"Why are you giggling anyway? I didn't even say anything funny!" cursed Luz with horror while looking towards her.

'I, definitely need to get out of here. I can't fight something like this,' Luz thought.

"Because I'm full of curiosity to meet my brother.~ But he seems to be one of the bad ones since he tries to attack his own sister. But don't worry, your sister will teach you some manners later." she replied with a smile.

"You only want the boy, don't you? If we give him to you, will you leave us alone?" Alice asked with a trembling voice while aiming her crossbow at the back of Luz's head.

"If you touch even one hair of his head, all of you will end up being eaten by mutants. Don't forget who should be begging for their lives here," she suddenly replied, and her giggling died away.

In the torchlight, the group members could only see her red eyes and her sharp teeth. Her left hand was bleeding slightly because of catching a mana arrow.

"Brother... Come to me. I will help you. I know exactly in what kind of situation you are, and you can't hide among people forever...," she spoke in the dark and stretched her white and pale hand towards Luz.

"Can you really help me with my problems?" Luz asked shakily before taking a step closer while holding Francis' hand.

"Why are you dragging me with you to an early grave?" the latter sighed.

"Trust me. We don't stand a chance of staying there. We have to rely on their mercy..." Luz whispered with a forced smile as he closed his eyes for a moment.

He inhaled and exhaled deeply before taking the next steps towards her. 

"Look, you brought a toy for me," she whispered with a smile on her face.

In front of him stood a girl who was a head shorter than Luz. She had purple hair and pale skin while wearing a torn white coat. Francis's facial expression changed immediately at the sight of it.

Luz played along, forcing a smile on his face. "Sister... Before we go home, could you please kill the rest for me? They were bad to your older brother," Luz asked with a smile while his heart was pounding at his throat.

He felt nothing more than fear at that moment.

'Who is that girl, and will I even be able to survive here? Will she fall for it?' were all the thoughts that shot through Luz's head.

"For my little brother, I'm happy to do it after all," she answered, smiling.

"Luz, no," Francis exclaimed in shock as the first screams were heard.

One could hear their pleas for mercy. Francis looked in shock at what was happening while Luz was smiling.

"Luz, I beg you," he heard Alice say in tears while a fox jumped on her face with rodents pouncing on her chest.

On the other hand, Luz shook his head before coldly answering: "That's what you deserve for trying to sacrifice one of your team members for your own survival."

The rodents and the other mutated monsters tore pieces of flesh from her face and body as their pleas filled the forest. A pool of blood was forming below Alice as her resistance against the monster grew weaker with each passing second.

But she wasn't the only one that got taken down. Slowly one person after another was knocked down by the storm of monsters.

Their screams grew weaker with each passing minute, and in the end, even Anne died while begging for mercy.

'Magic seems to be useless if you can't even utter a spell.'

Luz was satisfied after seeing them dead, but unfortunately, Francis wasn't happy with Luz's decision.

A single tear ran down Francis's face as he stuttered: "Luz... I understand your hatred for these two…, but how could you kill our two comrades?"

On the other hand, Luz just laughed at his answer before coldly replying, "You call them comrades? Comrades who were willing to sacrifice one at a moment's notice without batting an eye? I'm sorry, Francis, but from the moment they wanted to sacrifice me, they stopped being my comrades."

"Francis, remember telling Master Brian it wasn't I who killed them all. If you can promise me that, I'll ask my dear sister if she can let you go," Luz told Francis with a stoic face.

"I'll accept a soul contract," answered Francis coldly.

"Hihihi, he even recognizes me as his sister," giggled the girl while she slowly hugged Luz from behind, sending shivers down his body.

 

I accidentally deleted the chapter I was just about to finish (chapter 75 or so) and I'm still sad about it. After rereading this chapter, I regret writing the female character like that and it will be edited soon, but I'll be going to bed now. 

1