71. Devouring trillions of souls part 1
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lying on the ground, Luz began using the method Liv taught him. It was quite an easy method, as long as one didn't use it on more developed souls.

With closed eyes, he fell deep into his mental plane, finding himself as a whisp, in nothingness. His white soul illuminated in the dark, and Luz tried to move that mass while having slight problems since he was moving a body with no limbs or legs.

After getting the hangout, how to move, his soul slowly left its place to move in a random direction. During his movement, it felt like eons till he reached the end.

'Shit, I moved in the wrong direction and reached the back of my brain. I should have moved down, instead of up,' were the only thoughts that went through the white soul before moving back.

And so, it took a few eons for Luz to reach his original place and take another direction. But after going down, he soon was blinded by a colorful light that was everywhere.

'Argh. That must be the souls of my different cells. Ok, how do I eat them now?' went through Luz's head as he continued to move into the directions of the light.

Luz grew slowly frustrated after trying like an hour to open the mouth of his soul. But it didn't seem to be possible, which is why he decided to continue moving to the glowing stars ahead of him.

As he went through the rainbow Milkyway, made out of trillions of souls, he realized that he was leaving a pure white star trail behind him. As for him, some insignificant colorful impurities seemed to appear on his soul body.

'I see. that must be the souls and their wills of these parasites. But weird, I seem to be unable to see any glimpses of their memories. Anyway, let's continue my life as the ultimate devourer, hehe…' and so Luz continued moving through the starry Milkyway. 

It didn't take long before big colorful spots appeared on his former pure white bodies. But unlike before, he now saw some glimpses of the thoughts that went through the minds of the parasite.

As one might expect, these thoughts were pretty primitive.

"Hunger… devour… conquer…procreate… give food… take food," were the only memories that coursed through him as he tried to see what these creatures inside him thought.

But what he didn't realize was that the desire for consumption and unending hunger slowly overtook him, and so he continued to move on, devouring everything inside his way.

That went so far, till his soul felt hurt, by all the souls he devoured, as their combined will began to fight him.

'weird… I haven't yet devoured all of the parasites. Why are they already resisting?'

His body was by now colorful.

On the material plane, however, Luz began to cry and howl. Liv glancing through the small window was shooked.

"Wait… that shouldn't be happening yet," she muttered with fright, being ready to halter Luz's advancement if he were to leave the cell.

Through the floor, Luz's body twitched, resulting in echoes of chains rattling.

Let's go back to the mental plane. Luz's soul body was in the process of halving into two, and it felt unbearable.

'It shouldn't be happening that early??? Why is it happening yet?? Could it be that they contain more memories or have stronger wills, making it, therefore, easier to form a crystallized soul??'

Slowly, the colorful souls accumulated on the right side of his soul body, which slowly tried to separate from his body.

'It hurts. It hurts. It hurts,' Luz screeched as his soul got split into two via cell division.

'Arrghh…' were the words echoing through the room before Luz stopped twitching.

In front of Luz's soul was a small colorful ball, moving toward him, as the thoughts: 'devour, devour, devour,' were heard.

His body was now pure white again, and the only thought going through his head was: 'Wait, what the hell should I do?'

The ball rushed toward Luz and hit his body before wrapping his body slowly around one of Luz's ends. Luz allowed it to happen since he was busy finding out which method he should use against it.

The ball slowly moved away with the wrapped peace and, Luz began to scream loudly since a piece of his soul was taken.

Realizing that some of his memorize were gone, Luz decided to attack it the same way, out of revenge.

'YOU THINK YOU CAN DEVOUR ME? DON'T FORGET THAT I'M THE HOST, AND YOU'RE ONLY A MERE INSIGNIFICANT PARASITE WHOSE EXISTENCE I'VE TOLERATED TILL NOW. I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT IT MEANS TO DEVOUR'  roared Luz out of anger before moving towards the ball.

For the first time, the colorful soul orb felt fear. It feared for his life as the booming thoughts echoed through the room.

It began running for survival, as a gigantic white orb was flowing in his direction, with speed unfathomable for it. Instead of using the same gimmick like wrapping around the little soul orb, Luz decided to use a completely different method.

He flew at such a speed at him that it ended up inside his soul body.

Grinning, he applied pressure on the soul orb as it began pleading for mercy.

'No,' uttered Luz as cracks were slowly forming on the orb as it screamed: 'Arghhh, no...no...no.'

The pressure grew with every passing second, and in the end, the former soul orb broke into thousand pieces as Luz devoured it.

After devouring all of the shattered soul pieces inside him, he just muttered, "Such a fight should be easier than if I fight all the souls combined.''

By now, his body grew larger while remaining pure white. But suddenly, memories not belonging to him began to influence him.

'Shit, that shouldn't be good,' cursed Luz before waking up.

He began panting loud and clearly as he saw everything blurred out.

"Thank god, that you still seem to be fine. Tell me immediately what happened to you?" demanded Liv as she opened the door.

With eyes closed, Luz replied: "Nothing… I just had my first fight against souls. It seems like I'll be fighting many times against crystalized wills. I'm hungry… Could you maybe bring me something to eat?"

Nodding, Liv left for a moment while Sarah walked past the door. At the sight of the panting Luz, she commented: "Weird. I don't know what the hell is going on, but you look like a weird chimera since only the parasites on your chest area seem to be part of your body."

"Just wait and see. Soon I'll be just like your," Luz sighed as sweats dropped down his brow.

Meanwhile, the five princes were in chaos. Any communication between them and the parasites in the upper body stopped.

I've edited chapter 1 and made it into two chapters. Chapter 1.5 still remains the unedited second part of my novel. However, I've edited the first part and I would be grateful if you would tell me your opinion on it.^^

1