73. Searching for Luz part 2
16 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Simon, the spell is useless against me,"  a familiar voice stated from the opened portal before a hand from the portal grabbed him by the collar.

"No...no...let me enjoy my time here," Simon cursed as he was pulled into the forest with Jodoc on his shoulder.

Simon ended up standing half-naked in the air over a forest while sighing, "Why did you call me?"

"It's about Luz's situation, of course," Brian replied, laughing before telling him the situation.

Simon merely nodded before saying, "Brian, Jodoc, and I need a moment of privacy to decide how to proceed. I hope you'll forgive us for that."

Before Brian could say anything, the human parrot duo disappeared before reappearing over the bathhouse.

"So, what's your plan? Should we help Brian find Luz? Should we look for him alone, or should we leave him to the Magic Medicine Institute and continue our vacation here?" asked Simon as he slowly put on his clothes.

"Let's look for Luz alone," replied the parrot laughing.

"I agree with you, but why are you laughing?" asked Simon in surprise.

"You're serious? I should be the master magician, and you should be my pet," Jodoc cursed before continuing with, "Never mind, let's pay Luz a visit, then maybe you'll figure it out."

And so, the two teleported to Luz instead of telling Brian about their decision. While the two made their way to Luz's position, Master Simon made sure he stopped sharing his location with Brian.

***********************************************************************************************

Brian waiting in the air with Francis for 10 minutes, grew impatient and began to curse: "If he doesn't return after 15 minutes, then we'll visit him."

But as another 15 minutes passed, Master Brian realized that Simon had stopped sharing his location with him.

As he gritted his teeth out of frustration, Francis felt the air around him trembling as he prayed that it wouldn't end too badly for him.

"Simon, why didn't you just tell me that you're going to him alone?" stated an annoyed Brian before teleporting Francis and himself back to his mansion.

***********************************************************************************************

"It's here, right?" asked Simon as the two appeared near a mountain 300 km away from their city. The place was beautiful but abnormally quiet.

"Strange," muttered Simon after being unable to sense any animal in the range of 500 Meters.

Jodoc nodded before stating: "Better make your presence known, and they will come out of their nests like rats."

As Master Simon spread his aura, the whole underground structure began to tremble, helping the two find the entrance.

As they walked towards the entrance, a woman appeared in front of them, with glowing purple eyes.

"Why are you here?" the girl asked with a trembling voice as a black mass began to shroud her body.

"Interesting, I never knew that some parasites were able to do that?" muttered Jodoc to Simon as the two continued to analyze Liv.

"So these are the people whom the magical medicine institute is searching after, hmm. Maybe we should take some of them as test subjects," muttered Simon as he continued analyzing the girl.

Hearing the discussion between the duo, the girl grew enranged before shouting furiously: "Answer me,"  before shooting a black spear made out of decay at the two.

However, the spear seemed to hit an invisible wall in front of Simon as he stated while shaking his head: "such petty magic tricks don't work against me," as clouds began appearing in the sky.

A few seconds ago, the sun was shining brightly. But now, the clouds shielded any sunshine from passing through. As she stared at the sky, the thunders roared. Simon's stated: "Bring us to Luz. This is not a request but rather an order," as the ground began to tremble.

While Simon stated his order, The wind got stronger and stronger, forming the tornado eye around the duo and the purple-haired girl.

Gulping, Liv realized that the duo was in a different league compared to her and that two could kill her without even batting an eye.

Seeing the despair in her eyes, Simon grinned from ear to ear, knowing that Liv, will lead the way to Luz.

To Simon's surprise, Liv asked a question instead of giving in.

"What do you want from him?" she asked as she gritted her teeth, trying to suppress the fear she felt from the Man in the sky.

"Me? I want my student back. I'm his Master, and if you don't let me see him peacefully, I'll destroy everything as I make my way toward him," Simon calmly replied as Jodoc set the tornado ablaze.

"That should be enough scaring her," he stated to Jodoc telepathically while the parrot laughed loudly.

Liv, being scared shitless in fear of all her siblings, began to kneel as she pleaded: "Can you promise me not to hurt anyone under there? If you can promise me that, I will gladly lead the way. Otherwise, I'll be fighting to the bitter end."

Jodoc replied: "We will promise you that. However, you'll cooperate with us even after we're finished."

Liv let the two in, and the two stopped in front of each person they saw and analyzed them.

A shiver ran down her spine, as she thought about the consequences this may have on their survival.

But one thing was clear to Liv. There was still the chance of maybe making that powerful entity their patron.

It didn't take long for the three to visit Luz. The latter was sitting on the ground, staring at a plate filled with food.

Before Liv could say anything, Simon summoned a barrier between the duo and Luz, who hadn't realized their arrival.

Simon snapped his fingers, resulting in Luz landing back in reality. As Luz whipped his drool away in embarrassment Simon, sat across him.

"It's been a long time since we saw each other," Luz whispered with a smile.

Instead of replying, Master Simon hit him with a stick appearing out of nowhere above Luz.

"Argh," yelped Luz as he held the place where he got hit.

"I just wanted one week of vacation, but you even have to go so far and end it prematurely," Simon sighed before complaining: "God, what have I done to deserve such a fate."

1