74. Are you really trying to negotiate with me?
18 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sighing, Master Simon stated, " Well, I expect a detailed explanation of what happened here and why the hell you're in chains."

Nodding, Luz began his narrative, starting from where he and Francis were hunting and ending the narration with him getting kidnapped.

What happened in between, like the duo getting betrayed by their comrades, before that dying tragically, was also stated.

Jodoc and Master Simon listened in silence, and the latter merely sighed, "It seems like I cannot simply take them back to the tower without any commotion."

"But we could confine them in cells in your Magic tower. That way, Master Brian would never notice that these people are living with us unless he explored your tower," Jodoc commented while cleaning his feathers.

"Yeah, you're right. That would be a wise decision. There we could analyze and take samples from them, while we're also not forced to treat them like human beings," Simon admitted.

Listening to the two talking about how they should use them as guinea pigs send shivers down his spine.

Normally he would do his best not to oppose his Master. But that's not the way how one should treat another human being.

Forcing himself, Luz bluntly stated: "No. If you do that… I'll make sure Master Brian or the Institute finds out about that. Good luck continuing your experiments then."

Hearing his threat, Simon merely laughed loudly for a moment before stopping to ask Luz, "Are you serious?"

Luz simply nodded before continuing with, "I've only known them for a short time, and I admit that some of them are not the best human beings."

He stopped for a moment. By now, he was angry about the thoughts of the two people whom he trusted had. His voice grew louder and louder as he told them: "I won't let you treat everyone here as a guinea pig with no respect and dignity."

Simon's carefree attitude changed. "Luz… Hasn't anyone ever taught you how to treat a higher-ranking magician?"

The ground of the cell began trembling as an angry Man stood up, and Luz felt a pressure that forced him to lie on the dirty floor of the cell as Simon questioned his stupidity.

With a booming voice, Luz was asked the following questions: "Tell me, student, what are you going to do about it? You're merely a beginner magician. I could easily kill you here and go home with all these new ones. The people here are far more useful than you, whom I have to treat with care. So explain to me why should I listen to you?"

Luz merely smiled, having expected that.

Simon only grew angrier and slowly stated: "Tell me, Why should I listen to you? If you can't provide me with a satisfying answer, I'll continue with my plan."

Luz's heart was beating to his throat as he was filled with despair. 'The future of everyone around here now lies on my shoulder.'

Thinking for a second, Luz answered: "My parasites are different compared to those. Every one of them has survived and finished their transformation. I, on the other hand, am still transforming my parasites. My data is ten times more valuable than the data you can take from them combined, or am I wrong, hehehe?"

Simon, who was listening to Luz, merely chuckled: "You are right. But I already have you, and I could easily buy slaves."

"You don't seem to get it?" answered Luz shaking his head, before continuing with: "If I want, I can remain in this state till the parasite takes over my body. Try getting any new useful pieces of information as I slowly get eaten from the inside."

The pressure increased, and by now, Luz had problems speaking.

'If the pressure increases…I'll die out of suffocation.'

By now, Luz found it hard to speak, and wearily he finished his sentence. "As I stated earlier, I can offer you the chance to observe and analyze me as I become one with my parasites. That... should be far more useful than analyzing successful products... hehehe."

"You're only repeating yourself at that point," Simon commented before looking at Jodoc for a moment.

One moment was more than enough to answer the question "how to proceed" via thoughts.

Behind the door, a certain girl listened as she prepared to blow herself up if anything went wrong.

Simon, who suspected her plan, ignored her since he already knew that such a method wouldn't do any significant damage to him.

Seeing that Luz didn't budge on his statements, he admitted grudgingly, "Luz, you're right. I will temporarily return to Master Brian's and will return tonight. That should be more than enough time for you to formulate a soul contract between us two."

Luz was amazed that his threat worked. But, before Luz could ask any further questions, Master Simon disappeared with Jodoc on his shoulder, and Liv silently entered.

Silence reigned in the room until Luz could bear it no longer.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know I was being tracked..." before Luz could finish his sentence, he was interrupted by Liv.

"It's okay. It was my mistake not to look for any tracker...Sooner or later, we would have been found here anyway," Liv stated before stopping for a moment.

Silence formed again but was soon interrupted by a sob.

"Why are you sobbing?" asked Luz while Liv wiped away her tears.

"Thank you...thank you for sticking up for me and the rest," she stated before asking the question: "But why did you stand up for us?"

With a sigh, Luz explained his reasoning: "Out of pity. I still hate you to a degree for putting me through such a horror trip and killing everyone around me. But I can't bring myself to let the rest like Sarah, for example, be used as a guinea pig against her will."

After answering her question, an awkward silence came back, and Luz asked: "Do you regret bringing me here, trying to help me?"

"No, not at all. You have a good heart, and I don't regret bringing you here. I still have hopes that…. maybe you could help us. To be honest, I don't want to stay hidden here till they catch us," Liv answered with a chuckle.

1