75. Where is he?
10 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After their conversation, Liv left Luz alone.

To help Luz fight against the urges of his new memories, Liv left a plate filled with food on the ground that awoke Luz's suppressed hunger.

"It's funny how I can have the appetite for food, even though I almost died like 10 minutes ago after opposing Simon." Luz sighed before sitting cross-legged on the ground.

The smell distracted him and made it hard for Luz to focus on what he should put on the contract. In annoyance, Luz bit his thumb in hopes of it distracting him from his hunger for a time.

'Time to think about the clauses for the contract. Hmm…

Let's say:

1. Master Simon can collect test data from everyone regularly, as long as he doesn't harm anyone that can't be cured within a few days.

2. Master Simon must give everyone a chance at a meaningful life and protect us as best he can.

3. What else could I add? Oh yes, I shall get pocket money, hehehe.

4. The cooperation between the two goes until Master Simon has enough data and finishes his research.

5. Changes to the contract can be made if both parties are in agreement.

Yeah, that should be enough. …'

***********************************************************************************************

Somewhere else, Simon landed alone in Brian's office, who was awaiting him angrily. Seeing the atmosphere in the room, Simon hastily stated: "Luz seems to be fine, and anyway, I'm leaving…-" as he tried to use the teleportation spell, it unfortunately failed.

'Why did it fail? Wait, don't tell me he blocked the space around the room!?'

After failing a few times, Simon gave up and took the seat in front of him.

"You met with Luz, right?" asked Master Brian with a stern expression as he folded his arms, and Simon merely nodded.

A smile began to form on Master Brian's face before asking what happened to Luz.

Gulping, Simon felt anxiety from the person in front of him, even though the two of them were on the same level.

As sweats rolled down his brow, Simon forced himself to say: "Luz seems to be doing well. Unfortunately, his situation is quite tricky, and it may take a few weeks before he'll be back."

Master Brian wasn't amused with Simon's answer, and the latter statted stuttering: "I can promise you that I'll be bringing him back in one piece."

Coldly, Brian Simon asked the question, "Do you think I'm retarded? You seem to avoid my question."

After the words left his mouth, the room darkened as silence fell. With each passing second, the room grew darker and quieter. In the end, Simon couldn't see anything resulting in him panicking. Dreadful, he looked around in the darkness without seeing anything. It seemed like all of his senses were cut off. He even lost his sense of time and his whereabouts.

'Shit, Shit, Shit,' shot through Simon's head as he looked scared around. 'How? Brian and I are on the same level. How the hell did he do something like that?''

The silence lasted for eternity, and the worst thing for Master Simon was that he couldn't do anything about it...

The fact that he couldn't use a spell frightened him the most since, without magic, there was no possible escape from it.

"So. Tell me. I'm not letting you leave till either Luz comes back or you tell me the whole story," echoed through all directions while Simon tried to find the place of the voice.

The silence continued to reign, and as for Simon, it felt as if eones had passed before he gave up in the end.

***********************************************************************************************

Somewhere else, a parrot was cursing in the mage tower. "Shit, where is Simon? He should already be back, or did he maybe forget about me and went back to Luz without me?"

And so, Jodoc made his way towards Luz's direction as he continued to curse for not knowing the teleportation spell. Time passed, and the night came. A certain boy was sitting in a cell waiting in silence for his master to come.

'Didn't he promise me to come back at night?' went through his head, as his stomach ached from seeing the food that laid on the other side of his cell.

"I can't eat again until tomorrow," Luz muttered while he wiped his salvia away.

'These parasites should better stop complaining about me not eating anything,' thought Luz while hearing his stomach grumble.

'Shit. The impact of these thoughts is greater than expected,' went through Luz's head.

After a few hours, Luz couldn't take it anymore and gave up as he jumped towards the plate with the cold food. However, the chains were far too short and prevented him from reaching the plate. And so, a depressed boy laid on the ground while laughing at his own misery.

'It's ridiculous... I almost resemble a dog. Anyway, Simon should come soon, then the waiting should be over.'

But to his misfortune, Simon never came, and so Luz ended up falling asleep after waiting for a few hours. Instead, however, a bird finally reached the place and was greeted by Liv, who coldly asked where the master was.

"Simon will come in a few minutes," Jodoc lied before flying with full speed towards Luz's cell.

Arriving in front of Luz, he whispered: "wake up, wake up." But seeing no reactions from him. Jodoc decided to hit Luz with his legs while repeating the sentence louder. Luz, however, didn't react to it and even changed his sleeping positing.

"Fine. You don't leave me any choice, Luz," Jodoc muttered as he summoned water, which he shot through Luz's nostrils.

With a loud sneeze, Luz woke up. His eyes were red since he was sleep-deprived. "Who was that," he muttered as he searched for the one responsible for waking him up in the darkness.

"Me," a familiar voice uttered.

Luz merely commented: "I see…" before immediately asking: "Have you seen Master Simon? I've been waiting for that bastard for a few hours."

"Ehm, as for Master Simon… I haven't seen him yet after he left the mage tower to visit Master Brian," Jodoc admitted.

Hearing such a statement, he began to smile before stating: "that's great, heh hehe. So what's your plan? You can forget on using anyone here as a guinea pig since Liv is also another intermediate mage." 

I only got like 3 stockpiled chapters, argghh

1