82. Devouring trillions of souls part 3
10 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thousands, millions, billions of thoughts shot through Luz's head at that moment. He, himself, felt nothing except a stabbing pain that washed over him as he slowly lost control of his desires and goal.

Deep inside Luz's memories, where his innermost desires were stored, several mountains could be seen that depicted his desires. The height of the mountains portrayed how much he desired them.

As many of you would expect, the generic desires of every man were there. Wealth, power, might, a sexy woman, and a family occupied different mountain tops. But one peak was different. Compared to the rest, it was nearly impossible to see because it was in a different league than his other desires.

This mountain had three peaks and was still stemming from the time when Luz got separated from his siblings. On the lowest peak, one saw a village, where adults were doing their daily activities such as talking, trading, and working, while the young ones were playing. Everyone had a great time and enjoyed their time as if they didn't die all tragically.

The other two peaks were almost equally high. On the second mountain top, there was a slain dragon with its head falling. In front of the dying dragon stood a man bathed in blood and other fleshly remains as he laughed. As everyone may have expected, four siblings stood trembling on the tallest mountain peak, reaching their hand out for Luz. One of them whispered: "We are waiting for you."

But these representations were almost obliterated, when a gigantic tsunami out of the desires of trillions of souls swept over the mountains, blurring all his previous desires.

As of now, it got harder for Luz as his former desires got blurred, filled with short-term desires such as consumption.

On the plane of reality:

Jodoc saw Luz drooling as if his mental faculties got reduced to those of a plant.

"Fuck that shit. I'm slowly getting worried. I've got no idea what is going on, but that's definitely not the way it was supposed to go," muttered Jodoc as he noted Luz's behavior changes down.

But Luz's drooling face swiftly changed. In a matter of seconds, his face tensed up as his breath grew shorter and irregular with each passing second.

"Yeah. I better call that girl. That moron will probably sooner or later die," muttered Jodoc before immediately leaving the cell.

Back to the mental plane:

'Luz, you can't lose control yet, you can't lose… control… yet. At least not yet,' a soul tried to calm itself down.

Somewhere else in the mental plane:

"What the hell did you do? Why did you kill another one of us??" shouted the soul of one prince to the traitor.

Two souls circulated the latter as they prepared to attack.

"I've told you two that I didn't do anything. I didn't kill another prince. As I stated earlier, now it's not the time for fighting. We should rather unite to fight against the host…" but before the traitor could finish his sentence, one of the two cut him short.

"Host these, Host that. You're only trying to save your soul at that point. If you were so concerned about fighting in a group, you wouldn't have killed one of our own, you fucking traitor."

The two immediately attacked the traitor's soul, and it came to a bloody fight as they tore each other to shreds. Screams and pleas echoed through the realm of Luz's soul plane as the three fought each other. But in the end, only two remained. By now, the traitor's soul got torn into hundreds of pieces.

However, the other two didn't get uninjured either. Each of the two lost at least half of their soul size.

"Finally… we did it," told the smaller one to the bigger as it tried to recapture as much as possible.

To the former's misfortune, the latter asked only the question: "We?" before jumping on the prince to consume him.

"Wait… no…" were the last words the smaller one could scream before getting obliterated by the bigger one.

"HAHAHHAHAHAHAH… Finally. Now I only need to consume the souls of the rest before fighting the host, and I'll win this fight, heheheh."

Back to Luz.

The screams he heard from the distance woke him up from the mental battle he had been struggling with.

"They seem to be fighting. I need to move," Luz thought to himself before deciding to move further, even though he still didn't consolidate the trillions of souls.

As he moved, the cries grew louder, and Luz's happiness reached different levels, calming his mad mind a bit.

"Two are down. If my predictions are right the latter will be too injured and slowly recouping from its mental wounds. That's the phase in which one is the weakest. I'll never get another perfect attack window such as that."

"Shit, consuming all souls at once may break me, but fighting the latter in his peak strength will probably also break me, so better now than later," thought Luz as he saw a slow glowing star.

"Perfect," he laughed as Luz shot like a net against the latter before wrapping around the prince and the other soul pieces that were floating in the air.

The prince was too focused on recouping from his injuries to react to Luz and died without resisting.

It took a while before Luz consumed even the last soul. Thus marked the end of the long, never-ending struggle for the autonomy of his body. Luz may have won the battle, but the war wasn't over since those who fight with monsters should always be careful not to become one of them.

By now, Luz got mentally fried because of the memory overload he experienced. The memories that filled his puny brain at that moment were around 70% of all the parasite memories he ever got.

All those bloat memories from the parasites merely blurred his desires. The blurriness reached such a degree that they became the dominant ones and one last scream echoed through the mental and physical ream as Luz became a monster, losing any sense of humanity in that moment.

That scream was so piercing that Jodoc got forced to employ sound barriers in front of him to protect everyone around here.

"What the hell is happening?" screamed Liv running into the cell where a man was bound to chains. These chains were of pure iron that also got imprinted with magic runes.

Luz's eyes were pure red, and he broke those chains with only his physical strength, making Liv shudder.

These two intermediate masters could easily do that, but seeing Luz's strength boost shooked them still.

Jodoc summoned a barrier in front of the roaring Luz that unfortunally got obliterated by merely a fist.

"Fuck, why must he lose his mind," cursed the parrot as he summoned a few barriers around Luz, who jumped towards him.

Out of the barriers, chains shot out, binding Luz's limbs. But what shooked those two was Luz's action, who bit these chains, breaking them.

"Shit… Shit… Shit! It's better if your group leaves immediately. I'll be calling Master Brian," stated Jodoc as he summoned more chains made of mana.

A ring around his left foot began glowing, notifying Simon, who immediately shouted for Master Brian in the emptiness of the dark space,

that something went wrong.

Seeing Luz state, Liv stated as she gritted her teeth: "I will be leaving then. You can find the book on the nightstand."

The group couldn't even pack their things, nor could Jasper and Sophie say goodbye to Luz before they were forced to take their other siblings, who were still chained out.

Thus the adventure of the parasite group began, as Jodoc fought a war of attribution with Luz, who showed no sign of weakness.

We'll be soon ending Luz arc. Hopefully it isn't too rushed. But it kinda feels like that for me. I think I did a few stupid mistakes/parts that could have been avoided, sigh. Also Luz suffering since the beginning also makes it kinda lame I think for some readers, like common why can't that stupid moron get a power boost, we are like 80 chapters in already XD.

1