83. an enraged beast gets loose.
24 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An enraged monster in a human body roared at Jodoc as the former broke more and more chains binding him into the cell. By now, Luz's cell walls were full of cracks that only grew bigger and more the longer the fight took.

His gestures were powerful enough to snap the chains made of mana that chained him. But unfortunately for him,  the number of chains binding him made any escape or any attack hard to almost impossible, as Luz slowly got overwhelmed.

"Luz, get yourself under control," shouted the parrot flying, using any spell in his arsenal against the feral man in front of him, whom he considered by now as his annoying baby whom he regularly has to babysit.

But Luz didn't react to his pleas and merely roared as drool dripped around his mouth. His body was glowing red, and the veins all around his body were visible and thick that one might think they would soon burst.

'Shit, I'm slowly running out of mana. I can't take care of Luz that much longer. Hopefully, Master Brian comes, so I don't get forced to use any spell that might injure Luz to ensure my survival,' went through Jodoc's head as sweat almost dripped down from his feathers.

Fortunately, it didn't take long for a portal to appear behind Jodoc, making him immediately happy, since his mana reserves were by now at around 20%.

"Thank god, you came," shouted Jodoc, summoning more chains in the process.

A man with a serious expression left the portal and saw a parrot flying in midair while a human bounded by hundreds of chains, whose body was bent in unnatural ways, stood in front of them in midair.

The latter still roared, not showing any signs of control.

"Yeah, I can see why you were calling for my help," muttered Brian as he shook his head. He slowly pointed a finger gun at Luz before continuing with: "but don't worry. I'll be ending this theatre now."

A black-light shot out of his pointing finger towards Luz,  going straight through him.

Jodoc was so shocked that he stopped all his spells, and the chains made out of mana slowly faded away, but Luz stood in midair with a hole in his chest. His body immediately slumped as if a man who had fallen asleep or died hung before them. Another interesting thing was that no blood drop left the hole in his body. Instead, a thick black fluid crawled out of his wound before enveloping his body.

Seeing Jodoc's shocked expression, Master Brian laughed. "Don't worry, Jodoc. I didn't kill him. I've just neutralized him, cutting off the control his overwhelmed spirit had over his body. You know, the longer Luz remained in such a state, the worse his injuries will be," explained Master Brian with ease.

Jodoc sighed loudly out in peace before jumping at Master Brian's shoulder.

Knowing that Luz couldn't even attack in the state he was, Master Brian closed his eyes for a short moment before asking: "Did she leave such a book for you?"

While asking the question, a small portal appeared above his hands before a small dirty journal fell from it down to his right hand.

"Yeah. Liv left it as a present for Luz, but the stuff written in it is of utmost importance," stated Jodoc, as his gaze was still at Luv's slumped body floating infant of them.

"Hmm, if you mean so. Let me take a look," muttered Brian with a yawn, before opening the journal to skim over the details.

But after skimming through a few chapters, Brian closed the journal immediately before packing it into his inventory.

"Wait, what are you doing?" asked Jodoc surprised, seeing how the latter took it.

"Well, the situation is more complicated than you can imagine. Do you have any idea what you two have been reading or what even these numbers mean?" asked Master Bian, who sighed loudly.

"I mean, it's from the magical institute for medicine that probably got sponsored by other private firms," commented Jodoc.

Hearing it, Brian laughed loudly before the mood turned solemn.

"I wish. But these numbers stand for local research facilities that cooperate with the royal guard. The royal guard personally entrusted such research to these institutions," Master Brian told Jodoc before stopping for a moment.

"Let me tell you one thing, knowing even the subject of the research is more than enough reasons for the royal guard to pay you two a visit. If you are lucky, both of you will be assassinated without even knowing why. However, if you are unlucky, expect a few days of torture before getting executed," Brian continued, and Jodoc slowly grew fearful.

"So are you still interested in reading this journal?" asked Brian with a grin while taking the book out of his inventory.

"Well, no. I don't even know which book you were talking about," answered Jodoc, also with a grin.

"Perfect. That's exactly the answer I wanted to hear from you," replied Brian nodding before continuing: "I'll be reading this book with Simon before you two can throw another glimpse at it if you want, of course."

By now, Luz's body was completely enveloped by the black mass, and after Brian touched Luz's shoulder, he merely disappeared before reappearing next to Simon in the darkness.

"Time to leave this place. We will be taking care of Luz later," stated Brian as he summoned another portal through which the two stepped.

***********************************************************************************************

Somewhere else:

"Luz, are you that?" asked Simon in excitement, who was genuinely excited not being alone in this void.

But to his surprise, Luz merely roared out loudly. The echoes from his roars came from all sides before Luz began sprinting in Simon's direction.

"Yeah… Fuck you, Brian, for putting an enraged kid with me in this stupid cage," cursed Simon out loudly before trying to use a spell.

Seeing how he couldn't even use magic, Simon realized that he was way too dependent on magic.

"Fuck, Fuck, Fuck," cursed the latter before sprinting in a different direction.

And so the cat and mouse game between a master and a Disciple began, as his master cursed Master Brian for the entire day.

"When that kid gets himself under control, I'll be milking out any research data I can get," cursed Simon as a humanoid drooling monster jumped at him, whom he immediately punched back into the deep distance of the void.

 

With that, we've finally finished Luz, small arc, and will now switch to one of the other Mc's. It was a small arc around 30 chapters, so probably 45k words but I hope you liked it XD

1