88. Conversation with a princess part 2.
15 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two continued to talk nonchalantly for like 5 minutes before Gab decided to address some of the issues why he even came here.

"Enota." sighed Gab as he folded his arms.

"Yeah, what is?" asked the lady sitting on the table with a smile.

"I admit, I enjoy some basic chitchat, especially with a beauty like you. But that isn't really the reason why I came here.

I merely came here to inform you that my side is running short on some goods such as cleaning alcohol. And let me tell you one thing, if we can't get them, I'll be leaving the dungeon with all of them. I can't let them die just because of some infected wounds."

With each word he uttered, his voice grew a bit louder, and the latter felt the rage from Gab.

But the princess wasn't even fazed at his words. On the other hand, she merely smiled before stating: "I'm happy that you care so much about your soldiers. That assures me of having chosen the right person for that job. As for your request, you'll get them later from my team before we enter the third floor."

A smile grew on Gab's face, and he stated: "Then we settled the issue, great."

After that, Gab said goodbye to her. It didn't take long for him to come back with a few of his men to get some alcohol since disinfection should happen as quickly as possible.

As expected, a commotion happened within minutes of them reaching the camp.

"Princess!! Are you sure that we can give them more alcohol? Shouldn't we prioritize us over them?" asked a loud soldier, and a commotion happened in their camp.

Seeing what was happening, Gab merely shook his head before telling the few mages following him to prepare an attack just in case the situation went south.

All of them nodded, and none of them issued any comment on it.

'I don't know how many of my men are willing to sell me to the princess. But choosing people who hate the nobility is probably my safest bet since those are even less likely to betray me, hehehe.'

The commotion grew a bit since the soldier convinced others.

"The resources here aren't enough for everyone here. Sooner or later, even we will run out of resources, so why should we share what we have with them??" one soldier shouted.

Gab listened with folded arms before commenting with a grin: "It seems like we gotta step in."

But before he could do that, a head flew from the man's shoulder who uttered those words. Blood splattered everywhere, and a loud, cold voice stated: "I'm not satisfied with any one of you. It seems like I've grown too soft on my own subjects since they even begin to question me."

The princess stood there surrounded by all her subjects while holding a sword made of thunder. She moved her cold and arrogant gaze slowly to each of those soldiers, sending shivers down their spine. But soon, her gaze remained on one person for longer than a second.

A creepy smile grew on her face, and she muttered: "I see… I see…" and she swiped her sword. The soldier tried to block her attack, but the thunder that made out her sword immediately got conducted by the latter one's sword. 

A loud and shrill scream filled the air, and it didn't take long before the smell of cooked flesh filled the air.

Gab didn't even bat an eye on what just had happened and rather thought: 'Yeah, I was lucky earlier for not getting incinerated at the spot. She is still stronger than me, even if the gap isn't as large as before.'

Everyone was silent and stared at the burnt man on the ground.

"We had a spy under us that escaped my eyes earlier," she commented nonchalantly, before continuing with: "This is a reminder to all of of you who doesn't respect my verdicts."

Slowly her gaze moved towards a man who watched the spectacle from 15 meters away. Gab felt a tinge of fear for a moment.

"Gab, come here and pick all the things you need," she told him, and the latter gulped before making his way towards her with his men.

She continued her speech.

"Since none of you can enjoy a week of peace here, I've decided that we will be moving in two days, so rest till then since it might be your last. Also, I originally planned on being lenient towards all my subjects, but I've changed my mind. Everyone who lost a limb and isn't a mage can leave this dungeon. Everyone else that leaves the dungeon prematurely will be hunted."

Gab could only grit his teeth at those words.

'Just because your men couldn't act doesn't give you the right to punish even my men.'

Unfortunally his former braveness or stupidity, depending on the reader, was already miles away from Gab, who didn't dare to voice out his opinion.

The princess merely smiled at Gab as she handed him the goods he wanted.

"Is that enough?" she asked, and stuttering Gab, replied: "Ye-Yes, it's more than enough," before bowing quickly.

The princess merely chuckled at the scared Gab and bent to him before silently whispering: "Someone seems to be scared by me. Where is the strong general with his demand? Anyway, don't disappoint me, my dear general.~"

Gab felt her warm breath against his ear and replied with a forced smile: "I won't disappoint you, princess."

She merely chuckled again before sending the group away with the promised goods.

They moved as fast as they could back to their own camp, where Gab had to break down the new changes to the plan. Most of them didn't really like the changes to their initial plan and voiced their thoughts loudly.

Seeing how the resentment was building against the princess, Gab stated loudly: "I'm not the one who decided upon these changes. But if the other group suffers heavier losses than us on the next floor, then we can tip the scale of balance. If that happens, we will have a voice in the matter concerning our future, so please continue to support me."

Gab stopped talking for a moment and glanced at the wounded before continuing his speech.

"Anyway, time for some good news. I've negotiated with the princess, and now we got some more goods for cleaning your wounds. I promise you, we will take care of all your wounds before we enter the next dungeon."

1