89. discussion at the fire pit
13 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following night, a group of the strongest people under Gab gathered around a burning fire pit.

There, the atmosphere was pleasant, and people chatted loudly amongst themselves as they enjoyed their time. A man sat there silently as he listened to the various topics the group talked about, cherishing the peaceful moments he had.

As one might expect, some chatted about degenerate stuff such as whom they banged last night. On the other hand, some preferred to talk about what they planned on doing after leaving the dungeon. Some of them planned on joining their families because they missed them more than they thought they would. Others intended to start a new life somewhere else in the kingdom or even leave it altogether. But some people had no idea what they should do after leaving this dungeon, and Rados was one of them.

"So, what do you plan on doing after leaving this hell hole for good?" Gab asked a silent man called Rados, who had no one to talk to at the fireplace.

His hair was white with black ends. The rumor was that these changes were the consequences of his light mage talent, which he gained inside the dungeon.

Unfortunally, as of the time speaking, Rados only knew how to illuminate spaces, which earned him the nickname "lamp" from the other group members.

But even if his magic talent he got here was kind of worthless/useless for the time being, he wasn't that dependent on magic, to begin with. Rados was even as a fighter well above average compared to his peers. Most people feared the two short swords he carried with him all the time.

There was also a rumor that Rados was a gladiator before escaping here. Surprisingly, Rados wandered alone in the second dungeon before getting found and immediately taken by Gab.

"I'm not sure what I should do. I've lost my friends long ago and neither have I any friends. I hope it's ok if I join you till I find my path." Rados chuckled before continuing with: "If I'm being honest, I've enjoyed accompanying you till now, Boss. I don't know how long I've been wandering alone here with no one to talk to."

The latter merely patted Rados's back out of pity. Gab smiled at his words before telling him: "I'll always welcome you with open arms if you want to journey with me through the kingdom. But unfortunally, I don't have any grand plans."

Rados was surprised by the latter, who sighed after telling him that.

"Wait, really? Most of us would bet on you if they ever were asked who will accomplish the most after leaving the dungeon." Rados admitted with a laugh before immediately asking out of curiosity: "What even is your goal? Finding a wife? Making a lot of money? Becoming a mage?"

Hearing that, Gab laughed loudly before admitting: " Well, none of them if I'm being honest."

"Wait, really?" commented someone else who was listening too.

"Yes, of course. My only goal is to reunite with my brothers. Hehe. I've missed them since our ways parted, and till now, I've been anxious to find out what happened to them. For me, it feels as if their screams were haunting me to this day, asking me why I couldn't protect my younger brother from getting caught and sold by slave traders."

A painful chuckle could be heard before Gab continued talking: "I need to find them. Only after seeing them alive and well with my own eyes can my soul rest."

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked that. But I never thought that you were caring that much about your siblings," commented Rados, who picked a grilled meat stick from the fire.

Not all the monsters they've killed were mutants. Some of them were normal monsters whose flesh could be eaten.

Gab laughed before asking him: "Did you think I was just a cold man? I've done so much for all of you, my stupid comrade."

"Well, yeah, but I've always thought you ran from home and ended up getting sold by slave traders later on. Why else should one get caught by these bastards?" admitted Rados.

Seeing how the discussion turned awkward, Rados changed the subject immediately by saying: "I envy your new armor. My armor is still broken and won't be useful for much longer."

Gab laughed before telling him: "Well, I've good news for you. You all will get the same armor later."

"Wait, really?" commented a different person, who was listening to the two.

"Of course!" stated Gab proudly before calling Luke, who gained the nickname "bone smith."

If there were any person on whose bad side you never wanted to end up after Gab, then it was Luke.

Out of all the people here, Luke was the busiest one. Even after the floor gained some piece, he still chose to work. It wasn't like he was forced to do it. But as the only person capable of crafting anything that can give the rest of your teammates some kind of protection, laid heavy on his mind.

Luke ended up creating hundreds of new armor pieces with the bones that made up the small hill of corpses. By now, nothing remained of the small hill.

As of now, Luke's understanding of bones increased, and also the raw materials he used were far better than the ones before. The new armor was made up of a combination of black and pale white bones that were combined and intertwined. These combinations resulted in a more flexible and durable armor compared to before. But the armor wasn't tailormade for each member, resulting in not fitting everyone perfectly. But even then,  it was better than nothing.

Hearing his words, Luke came with his fellow siblings, carrying a few sets of armor pieces. The small group grew noisy and happy in a matter of seconds as Luke distributed new armors to each of them, which they gratefully accepted. Who would say no to a gift of armor? No one.

But the mood didn't remain cheerful for long after.

 

Yo, I've got another reader who caught up. Interesting.

1