90. choosing a mage talent.
12 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, if I got the rumor correctly, the next floor is supposed to be a more open area, right?" asked Gab as his eyes wandered from everyone sitting there.

Some of them nodded, and one commented he heard a rumor of it being an area filled with lots of green trees.

"Let's just hope for the best," muttered Gab before sending them all off.

On the next day, everyone wore their equipment and waited for Gabs comment to move into the next floor.

Hundreds of soldiers stood there quietly while everyone wore bone armors made out of white bones. Even then, their uniformity of everyone wearing almost the same armor send shivers down the enemies back. Also, some of their armors were a bit different. Every mage or bow/crossbow user wore armors that focussed more on flexibility at the cost of higher impact damage. On the other hand, physical fighters got armors that could absorb impact damage to a higher degree. But all these armors were trash compared to the ones the squad leaders wore. Their armors were a combination of both styles. Unfortunally, at the time of crafting these armors, Luke was running low on materials. That's also why these armors were only made for the squad leaders and others, who were worthy of wearing them.

By now, silence reigned, and only the silent breaths, as well as the wind, were heard.

Gab cleared his throat loudly before telling them their plan for the time.

"As I've stated earlier, everyone who lost a limb or either carries other serious injuries is allowed to leave. Everyone else will have to stay with us. They could also leave in theory. But if you aren't planning on moving to a different country, please don't do that, since the princess will later send people hunting you down.

As always, I'm proud of everyone who continues their journey with us. The next dungeon should be a jungle scenario if the rumors are to be believed, which is why we'll act in squads. And yeah, that's it."

After telling that the over a few hundred people army created their squads in which they acted in the second dungeon. After that, they followed Gab, who marched towards the princess camp.

By now, the princess has recovered from any injuries she carried, which caught Gab by surprise. But what caught Gab more in surprise was the faint smell of blood and seeing how her army grew smaller again.

She wore white leather armor, where not even a stain of blood or dirt could be seen. Also, the armor hid most of her body and was decorated by a few mana gems. But that wasn't all. Golden runic patterns could be seen every once in a while on the surface of her armor. There were also two weapons she carried. One of them was a thunder spear behind her back, while the other one was a short golden dagger, which she held at her hand at the moment.

His expression immediately grew serious as he narrowed his eyes. The princess immediately called Gab over after spotting him.

With a sigh, Gab walked towards the queen, waving at him.

After reaching her, Gab kneeled with one leg while the latter merely chuckled before telling him: "Relax, Gab. I only called you because I found the idea great of the two leaders entering the next floor first together. I mean, we are equal in status.~"

Gab only wanted to laugh loudly. This crazy girl was definitely playing with him. She tried to portray herself as a benevolent leader in front of his men. But Gab couldn't voice out his opinion loudly without becoming a head shorter, which is why he commented with his head down: "I'd love to, my princess."

Enota merely nodded before whispering: "then stand up. We've got a lot to do."

And so Gab stood up, walking with her as "equal" to the portal leading to the next floor. The portal was actually just a huge entrance through which you could only see through blurry.

"Are you frightened?" muttered Enota to him as she held her dagger tightly.

Gab merely shook his head before commenting: "No, not at all. I'm curious where Odebus, the lord who uses Alex's body as a vessel, is."

"By the way, I don't trust that guy. We should take some precautions when it comes to him," the princess told him bluntly, while Gab nodded before commenting: "Yeah, me neither. I just want to get the soul using Alex's body out of him."

"Understandable, but we should walk through it, now," the princess told him in a hurry before the two moved through the entrance.

But before they left the entrance, each of them appeared in a dark void where a few things could be seen of which one had to choose from.

The following choices were there for Gab:

「Leave the dungeon.」

「Heal your wounds. 」

「Awaken and choose a magic talent. 」

「Further integration of your blood core.」

「Choose a bloodline」

「Gain an armor/weapon piece」

「Gain knowledge to either one of the elements or to some specific magic discipline of your choice」

Gab found a few of them interesting, but he chose the third option. 'It almost feels as if centuries moved since the day I've been envious of my siblings' magic talent. Well, that will change from now.' After choosing the third option, a few other options got displayed.

「Fire」

「Water」

「Earth」

「Wind」

「Thunder」

「darkness」

「light」

「space」

'Argh, I want every one of them, but well, my siblings got already darkness, space, fire, and water talents. We don't need two of the same mage talents. Rados has light as his magic talent, and it's kind of useless.'

「Author note: these are the talents of the other two brothers: Michael and Raph. Pray for me that I won't forget them. And yeah, Michael hasn't appeared in the story after chapter one, and I'll leave it at that for the time being.」

After a few minutes passed, he made up his choice. 'Hmm. Well, let's just choose thunder. If the princess chose it, then it must be a strong talent.' 'I'm such a genius, hehehe,' went through Gab's head as he chose his talent. But in the next moment, a sharp pain shot through his body.

1