93. Unlucky ones.
16 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing the creature, Enota wasn't really surprised. She kind of expected to sooner or later encounter Goblins. Unfortunally for them, the two seemed to be filled with misfortune. Imagine getting split apart from your army while entering another floor where your enemy is a social monster group that relies on numbers.

Good luck fighting a war of attrition against large groups while only being a group of two. It will definitely be fun.

Seeing how Gab was prepared to strike it down, she whispered to him as quietly as possible: "Wait! We should slowly move away from here."

Gab nodded after hearing her words, and the two slowly turned their back on such a creature. But unfortunally for them, one of two stepped on a hollow bone, which cracked loudly, revealing to these creatures that something or rather someone was in the passage with them.

'We fucked up,' went through Gab's head as the sound that just came from his place got the attention of the goblin that walked tens of meters in front of them aimlessly.

By now, the growls of goblins were coming from both sides of the passages the two were using. These sounds grew louder with each passing second as these creatures moved further towards the direction from where the noise came.

"Which direction will we use?" asked Gab as silent as possible to Enota as his eyes narrowed while planning for an exit strategy.

"We will move back," whispered Enota, back and Gab nodded.

Since luck wasn't on their side, it didn't take long for them to hear the echoes of screeches coming from behind them through the narrow passage. It seems like another group that followed the same path reached the group made of four.

Seeing them running towards them, Gab sighed.

"You know what, fuck it. Time to kill these pesky creatures," commented Gab, before immediately brandishing his bone ax, hitting the running small goblin creature with his ax at the neck.

The next moment a head flew from its shoulders, and blue blood splashed on the cave walls and on his armor before getting absorbed by him in mere seconds. Enota and his cats decided to jump at the group of five goblins in front of them, which they killed with ease.

'Their blood doesn't even taste as awful as mutant blood. But still worse than human blood. But I still prefer monster blood.'

He was kind of surprised by how weak these creatures were, and his arrogance got the better out of him.

"Why did you tell us to move back?" asked Gab, wondering why they should take precautions against such weak creatures.

"Gab, we really have to run. Trust me," she told him before deciding to run in one direction.

'Well, a princess must be right sometimes, so let's just trust her. Nothing can go wrong with escaping, I guess,' thought Gab, as he followed her without questioning her decision further.

It didn't take long for Gab to realize how right Enota was and where the strength of these pesky creatures was, which he saw for the first time today.

Even though they killed the small group without putting any effort, it didn't take long for them to hear screams further down the passage through which they were running as fast as possible.

These screams grew louder and louder as they echoed through the narrow cave passages the two were using.

"Fuck, I get it now," laughed Gab, realizing that the small group was a mere appetizer and that a horde of these weird small creatures were running towards them.

The passages the two were using split and combined every once in a while to a few more. It didn't take long for the two to encounter the next patch of goblins, which wore to their surprise armor pieces belonging to either Gab's or Enota's camp.

Seeing the armor of his former soldiers, Gab sighed as he was slowly filled with anger. If anything went according to plan, they could have decimated these green skins without even having to put any effort into it. But of course, nothing has to go according to plan. The armor these pesky creatures wore, belonging to their former comrades, didn't even fit them. These armor pieces were more of a hindrance than of any use because the helms were way too big, blocking their eyesight or even their movements.

Gab merely created a whip made of the blue blood absorbed earlier by these goblins to make room for them. With one loud whip crack, the heads of around twenty goblins were seen flying from their shoulders. In a mere moment, he sucked these creatures dry as the two continued to run further into the passages.

'That should fulfill the usage of such whip attacks for a few times.'

But it wasn't the end.

"Fuck. How many of our soldiers will be overwhelmed and lose against these nasty little creatures?" cursed Gab, as he was running a meter behind Enota, who was surprisingly fast.

The numbers of goblins running towards them increased with every second. But thankfully, the passages grew wider, allowing the four to jump over and avoid them with ease with their superior agility.

"I don't know," gasped Enota desperately, as she saw how tens of goblins moved into the passage with every second.

The cries and shrills grew only larger.

"Could it be that we are running in the wrong direction?" Gab screamed loudly as he brandished another whip attack, pushing the horde running toward them further into the entrance.

By now, even Gab grew anxious because they were about to get overrun by a pesky green skin creature that could result in their death by a thousand cuts.

Their only way of survival was to find a cave where their movement mobility wasn't as hindered as in a tunnel. Their small group escaped from one tunnel to another as they saw no goblins coming out from it.

"This one could be the one," muttered Enota as the cries of goblins only came from behind them instead from further into the tunnel.

'Isn't it way too quiet?' though Gab to himself as he finally saw a light coming from the end of the dark tunnel. It was almost so bright that it blinded him for a second, and so they increased their movement speed with hopes of ending up in a better place.

But their hopes were soon crushed as soon even more pesky green skins ran towards them through the entrance.

Seeing them, Gab merely gritted his teeth before overtaking Enota to open the passage. In desperation, Gab used two blood whips at once, cutting the pesky green skins into pieces as he ran further down while absorbing at the same time. His attack opened an entry into the ending of the passage, leading into a cave.

'Finally,' was the only thought Gab had as he almost reached the light.

1