94. Green skins.
19 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slowly the light of the entrance faded away, showing them what truly awaited them inside and it wasn't reassuring. Rather it was more intimidating since the small group wasn't alone there.

The cave that they ran into was around 200 square meters was filled with a couple of hundreds of goblins who awaited them. Each green skin was equipped with either clubs or weapons, which they looted from humans. But it got even worse. Goblins kept rushing in from the various cave entrances with every passing second.

'Yeah… I'm not looking forward to what awaits us in a few seconds.'

Hundreds of red eyes stared at them, and it slowly grew chaotic as these creatures all tried to run towards the group, trampling over their peers. Seeing what awaited them, Gab laughed out loudly, knowing that a fight of attrition awaited the two.

Loudly he exclaimed while cleanly cutting off the head of the nearest goblin he saw: "Just make sure enough blood flows. so I can use my blood abilities without any pause."

The blood that splashed from the goblin flew towards Gab, who used it to manifest a big blood whip, with spikes, ready to whip at any given moment.

Roars filled the whole cave as the ground trembled. Enota, however, merely chuckled at his statement before commenting: "Let me show you the power of thunder," as she brandished her naginata. A naginata resembled a European glaive. Both were pole weapons with a curved, single-edged blade at the end of the shaft.

By now, the Goblins surrounded the group of four as they attacked the four from every angle possible.

Enota, on the other hand, was calm. The armor she wore was strong enough to absorb most of the blunt damages, and her weapon was special. Each swing she took resulted in heads and upper bodies getting cut cleanly into halves while at the same time shocking the Goblin bystanders.

Gab's cats, on the other hand, had it difficult. Even though they were around half a meter tall when they stood on their feet while also being 1 meter long. Even though they were fast, their endurance wasn't great. The only thing the two bored cats had was flawless teamwork.

These two cats were always near Gab and attacked the pesky green skins with their sharp paws. The only problem was that their way of fighting was pretty slow, and they got overwhelmingly hit by the brute weapons of the Goblins, which made them angry.

On the other hand, Gab slowly got overwhelmed as tens of arms began hitting on him while some even grabbed his arms and legs, making it harder for him to swing. But that merely annoyed the latter, who had to put effort into not falling over. If that were to happen, then it would be over for him, which is why he swung his blue whip again as fast as possible.

He hit these pesky creatures surrounding him perfectly in the neck area. But it didn't stop at one whip. No. That was merely the beginning of the fate that awaited them. Soon the cracking sounds coming from Gab's whip overshadowed the former roars of excitement from these creatures. These roars turned into screams of pain and mercy, as each of his blood whips, left either deep gashes on their bodies or cut off their heads and upper bodies into halves.

But the goblins behind the ones in front of Gab ignored their cries. They pushed them either forward or even overrun them.

Unfortunally it got even more annoying for Gab because one of the Goblins got thrown onto his helm, onto which he clung. That completely disabled his view, slowing his whip attack so that he could focus on the creature right on his head. But that moment of slowing down was enough for the masses to overwhelm him, resulting in him falling into the pool of blood that grew bigger with every second.

There, he felt hundreds of hits from every angle while some smart ones even tried to take down his armor pieces from him. Even though his armor absorbed most of the blunt damages, the sheer number of hits he felt at the ground still hurt him.

But the goblins ignored one thing, Gab could use and control the blood, which is why spikes of blood began shooting out of the pool of blue blood in which Gab was involuntarily bathing. These spikes impaled green-skins left and right, standing in the blood pool.

But none of the spikes existed for more than a second, resulting in barbs shooting like crazy out of the blood, impaling Goblins before collapsing again. The ever more increasing volume of spilled blood resulted in the pool growing larger, which resulted in a bigger surface area through which spikes shot out from the ground.

Gab laughed like a crazy maniac as he bathed and absorbed the blood that slowly made him almost go crazy. It didn't take long for Gab before he could stand up again.

"I almost thought you died," shouted the princess that was in a bubble, which hindered Goblins from crossing while each of her swings left the protective bubble.

Gab's cat seemed to have it worse since they got almost the same blunt damage as Gab, and unlike him, they didn't wear any protective gear.

Back on his legs, Gab immediately created another blood whip from the blue blood flowing towards him before whipping the rest of the green skins. The number of goblins was reduced to half of what it was before entering the cave, and it got even more interesting. Their fear was visible, but that didn't seem to stop them from continuing to attack the group.

The corpses of dead green skins were seen everywhere, and most of them either didn't have a head or even were cut into pieces while their organs were clearly visible.

But unfortunally for the goblins, it only got worse for them as the princess-general duo used the forming blood pool to their advantage.

"Let me give you some help," shouted the princess with a smirk that almost went to both her ears. At that moment, Gab knew that nothing good will come out of it.

 

I started writing my novel at one of the low points in my life, breakup bullshit, and so forth and till now I've enjoyed the thrill of writing and uploading daily chapters without taking any breaks. But as one knows all things come to an end and so will my daily chapters. Don't worry I'll still be uploading but just not daily. I'll change to a weekly upload schedule as of chapter 100. After that, I'll be shifting my focus on editing older chapters while occasionally uploading like 2 to 3 chapters a week. The reason for the shift is the following. I'm an engineering student in my 5th semester and my exams will begin at the end of February, stretching through march and coming to an end in early April if I remember correctly. 

I'm sorry that I've gotta do that but as one knows my future is important XD. After finishing my exams I plan on switching back to daily updates.^^

 

1