chapter 4
370 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was currently on my knees. The person in front of me showed no remorse for what they were doing to me.

They placed their hand on my head with a sickening smile.

It really pissed me off.

Sorry if my description had led to some dirty thoughts but the truth of the matter is that I am not with a client. I am actually in the temple. Turns out the stamina and contraceptive blessing have to be renewed every month at a price of ten silvers.

Madam apparently forgot to tell me this. If it wasn’t for Julia asking if we could go together, I would have probably ended having no protection during sex. My life is already hard, I don’t need to get pregnant too.

The temple priestess is currently doing my blessing as Julia watches on. Officially, we are here to pray for the souls of the adventurers who are currently on quests. It is our deepest desire for them to come back alive and well.

In my case I want them to come back alive, rich, and willing to spend on me.

Mark, Tom, and the rest of their party left to take part in a goblin hunt quest in a dukedom faraway.

Apparently, a whole goblin army showed up with a goblin lord leading the way.

If they do a good job then they should be coming back with a lot of money, but that will take time. It is a month’s journey from here to the dukedom.

I sighed internally.

“It is done… Your prayers will surely be answered… Please show your faith.” She said while eyeing the donation box.

The faith cannot be seen to be openly offering their services for money, so they ask for a donation instead.

As I dropped 10 silver coins I thought, ‘For ten silvers … the goddess better hear my prayer.’

As we left the temple, I could smell the freshly cooked skewers.

“Let’s grab some,” I suggested

Not only were they delicious but cheap too. Each only cost 10 bronze coins.

“Everyone is getting ready for the festival,” Julia remarked

Halothane has ten festivals. Out of the ten, four a major while the rest are minor. The festival that is coming up is a major one. The harvest of the full moon is what it is called and not just here in Halothane, but across the world, people of every race celebrate this festival.

There are even some rumors that the demons also celebrate it.

“Yeah… Looks like business will pick up.” I replied

“Not too sure about that…”

“Eh?”

“Wait… No one has told you about the number one brothel?”

I shook my head at her question, ‘What does the festival have to do with the number one brothel?”

“The number one brothel is run by elves and only opens during the festivals. I hear some adventurers spend their entire life saving up, just to use their services someday.”

“Are you kidding me?” I asked

Does she expect me to believe that a brothel that is not open every day is number one? Just how much are they charging?

“ I take it you have never seen an elf huh?”

“Are they really that good-looking?”

“Are you kidding me? There have been many wars fought over elven women all throughout history.”

“Seriously? I wonder if the elven men are just as hot.”

“Rumor has it that they are, but they never leave their elven kingdom.”

“Really? Why?”

“Because there are so few of them. According to the information I heard from a merchant, there are roughly only 150 thousand males. Compare that to the 4 million elven females and you get a rough idea of the elven situation.”

Looks like those guys got it rough. This world’s gender imbalance is working overtime at their place.

“On the bright side, they get to fuck as much as they want.” I joked

“Well, apparently the elven men are not as horny as humans or any other race. Scratch that, I heard that they only have sex when seeking to reproduce rather than pleasure.”

“Ouch… Must be hard on the females.”

“Hard to say… The elven kingdom lacks any mineral resources and as a result of that, the kingdom makes most of its foreign currency from females who work in brothels.”

“Can’t they become adventurers?”

“Elves pride themselves on their beauty, I have heard of an all elven female adventurer party but most wouldn’t want to risk their beauty.”

“I see…”

I have really learned a lot from Julia… She is like a walking library… A cute walking library…

“Come on… I will treat you to dessert.” I said before pulling her along.

***

It was the start of the festival and business didn’t change at all. If anything it got worse. Most of our clients were stalking the elven brothel that was now open. Even if they couldn’t afford the price, just looking at an elven girl was more than enough.

I am pissed, but I can’t blame them. I quickly went and snuck a peek at our competitors and have to admit, ‘If I had the cash, I would totally do one of those girls.’

Just as I was thinking that, a new customer walked in. Julia, who was calling customers outside had a disturbed look on her face as the odd couple walked in.

“Please don’t do this…” the woman begged but the man brushed her off.

“Service… I need service over here.” He yelled.

This looked like a troublesome customer, but I wasn’t worried about my life. The brothel pays 30 percent of its earnings to the brothel guild who in turn pays the protection guild.

The protection guild is like the mafia organization that handles protection. It is made up of ex-S-rank Adventurers, Mercenaries, and Assassins.

Even royalty dares not piss those guys off.

I sized the man up. He looked like an adventurer with a swordsmanship class. He was older-looking… probably in his early forties.

The girl beside him looked like a young adult. She was probably in her early thirties. I couldn’t tell if she was pretty or not because of the distress on her face.

Is she being sold into slavery?

Slavery was common in this world and it wouldn’t surprise me if she was a relative to this man and he was planning on selling her to into slavery, but why do that in a brothel?

A slave merchant would probably pay more than a brothel. I glance once again at Julia.

She was too was once sold to this brothel by her older brother after her father passed away. She was probably remembering the nightmare of that day. Her bright smile was gone as she looked here with a troubled expression.

I took a deep breath and approached the two. I glanced over at madam, who was watching what was happening from behind the bar.

“Happy Moon Festival. Are you two here for a meal?” I said with a bright smile.

“We are not here for a meal... Why don’t you just go and shake your ass for another adventurer you gold-digging whore.”

“Eh?”

Her response took me by surprise.

“Like you have any right to say that... you cheating whore…”

Looks like I misread the relationship between the two. They were a married couple and the husband just found out she was cheating on him.

I grabbed the man’s right arm and pressed my boobs on them, “Dear customer, care to join me for a drink? I would love to hear more about your troubles.” I said in a sexy voice.

His wife glared in my direction, but I only replied with a devilish smile that only another woman would recognize.

‘That right… I will make you regret calling me a gold-digging whore.’

***

 

 

11