chapter 12
215 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Sword Slash>

<Alert: Unique Skill (magic contract) Activated: Skill – Sword Slash Acquired >

“Eeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh!”

As soon as the old man did the skill in front of me, I acquired it. I was shocked by what had just happened and my outburst worried the old man.

“Oi… Something the matter?”

“Ummm… Well…” I stammered.

What was I supposed to say? There is no way he would believe that I learned his skill just by seeing it… I am not some type of hero?

‘Hmm… Hero? ' I pondered

What if this was the real power of my unique skill.

What if my magic contract skill allows me to learn any skill so long as the conditions are met?

‘If that is the case then what exactly are the conditions?’

In this case, I helped deliver the old man and his daughter to the village, and in exchange he would teach me his skills… Does that mean that the old man simply showing me the skill is enough?

‘Hey can you show me another skill?’

“Getting fired up are we? Sure but don’t get cocky… It will take a lot of hard work and training to learn these skills.” He uttered before activating his next skill.

<Sword Thrust>

<Alert: Unique Skill (magic contract) Activated: Skill – Sword Thrust Acquired >

“Boy! You have a creepy smile on your face…” the old man uttered

Of course I had a creepy smile on my face. I have basically found the mother of all cheats.

All I needed to do now is find a way to learn skills rapidly. Luckily, I knew of a place where I could do that easily.

The city Norman… A city that circles the dark labyrinth and is managed by the untied alliance.

The dark labyrinth is said to be the prison of the evil god, Neath.

The monsters there are super strong and deadly.

Because stampedes happen whenever adventurers don’t enter a labyrinth, the whole world joined forces to stop the stampeding monsters from the labyrinth and as a result, the city of Norman was created.

Giant walls made with elven magic and dwarf craftsmanship surround the dark labyrinth, preventing any monster who escapes it from reaching the outside world.

Of course, even elven magic and dwarf craftsmanship cannot stop a large volume of monsters that is why parties are sent into the small forest between the wall and the labyrinth, to kill the monsters that have accumulated over time.

These parties are made up of slaves, who cannot go against any order they are given.

These slaves have no chance of surviving the forest…

‘I am sure I will be able to find one or two willing to teach me a skill or two for the cheap…’

“Oi… your creepy face is now creeping me out…” the old man nervously uttered.

***

I soon parted ways with old man and headed for my dream destination. The city Norman.

Thanks to my swordsmanship skills, I managed to level up by killing some low ranking monsters.

I wasn’t in any hurry to level up because I knew that haste make waste.

Before heading for the city Norman, I decided to stop by the city of Halothane.  I wanted to register as an adventurer because it would allow me to easily make money by submitting proof of subjugation.

It was while I was here that I ran into her once again… Yoshihara Reina.

***

In the city of Halothane, there is a saying. “All adventures start at a brothel.”

Many of the adventurers and the guild staff were all saying this. I didn’t believe in this, but if it turned out to be true, then not doing it might result in me raising a red flag.

‘Yep… That is the reason I went to a brothel. No wicked thoughts in my mind. It is not like I wanted to pop my cherry or anything… As a fellow adventurer, I need to follow tradition.’

The higher ranked brothels were either too expensive or full. I decided to head to the lower ranked brothels where a sign caught my eye.

‘Wow Girls brothel…’

I entered the brothel out of curiosity, and found it to be a decent establishment. I sat at down and waited a bit. I don’t know if you are supposed to call out to the girls or they will come to you. I was there for only a few minutes when I saw Yoshihara Reina coming down stairs with a man and a woman.

My shook of her working here was in conflict with how pretty she still looked.

“Yoshihara Reina?” I nervously called out to her

We ended up talking for a bit. I told her about what that shitty kingdom was doing and advised her to keep a low profile.

She seem to understand what I was saying and it made me somewhat happy that she was paying attention to what I was saying.

‘Eh? Could this be…? I will I really pop my cherry with her?”

I was an unpopular boy in my class. So unpopular that most people didn’t remember my name.

'But here and now… I will probably end up doing it with her…'

I don’t know if it was the alcohol, that was giving me the courage to speak up but gathered the courage to ask...

“Umm… Sofia-san” I uttered

“Julia!” she called out to a girl

“What is it?”

“This is a friend of mine. Can you take care of him?”

“Sure…” she replied

“Umm… Sofia-san?” I stammered

“Don’t worry… Julia is way better than me and it will only cost you 10 silvers.” She said before dashing off.

I stared as she headed upstairs without even glancing back.

“It’s rude to look at another girl while another is trying to get your attention…” Julia whispered into my ear, catching me by surprise.

I took a look at the girl who was next to me. She has short blond hair and light red eyes. She has this cute high school appearance which would have been popular in my former world… At least, I would find it cute.

“Shall We?” She asked, but didn’t wait for my reply. She grabbed my hand and lead me upstairs to her room.

8